New radio operator command: Supply crate drop

Nice. Happy to see the old care package again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also a bit more rework by already achieved feedback from players on this feature:
The player calls ammo box and for 30 seconds he cannot request an artillery strike or an air raid.
Meanwhile, all other players can call an artillery strike or air raid, but they cannot order a new supply crate - everyone have a cooldown for 30 sec.

26 Likes

I mean artillery, rockets and air strikes should have one shared timer.

Smoke barrages are sadly underused why most players feel it should be separated from the lethal arty.

If you now add supply drop to the normal arty timer, it will literally be team griefing to block lethal arty.

We need more incentives to use smokes (and ammo drops).

Edit: good. You just clarified ammo is separated:)

12 Likes

If it “must” stay with the lethal artillery, perhaps it should be turned into phosphorus::smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah the supportive call in should use a separate timer, but i guess they couldn’t separate the smoke timer with the regular arty in their own coding.

1 Like

ok nice now i actually have a reason to save my radiomen and again nice timing since im upgrading radio squad

1 Like

It’s same arty guns who firing lethal shells or smokes. It’s one of the reasons why they have same CD

1 Like

But i do have a question is this the same plane as paratrooper? (as in does it spawn from where para plane spawn?)

1 Like

this is a good concept, something people ask is about refill medbox,shrings and flasks…

1 Like

True.

BUT. The timer used to be shorter. It was doubled (quadrupled) because ppl felt there was too much HE calls.

Ppl NEVER complained about smoke barrages however…

Smoke barrages are victim of ancient HE spam.

It shouldn’t.

8 Likes

It would be cool if there was a feature that gave radio operator squads the ability to detect other radio operators in other squads who are requesting supplies. Of course if the radio op in that squad is dead you wouldn’t be able to get a specific lock on their location, but if they’re alive it would be sick if they could locate and communicate with each other.

1 Like

Its a signature tactic of German and Soviet paratroopers to jump on an enemy tank and fist it to death with panzerfausts, so whenever I see a supply drop I get PTSD.

eu6z0ele8nq91

This will surely be a fun update now that I can’t tell if its supply drop or paratrooper box.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to upload a video from last week where my paratrooper crate landed uphill from me, tumbled down the hill, and killed 3 of my paratroopers…in a round where I actually got all of them to the ground.

4 Likes

Can paratrooper crates ressupply too? Howdo you tell the difference between crates? Is one marked on HUD/minimap as ammo crate?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Air strikes cooldown is currently per squad (but not player himself), meaning when he redeploys to a new radio squad, his previous cooldown will be reset to the minimum team’s share cooldown.

Is this what the developers intended?

This means that players can keep killing their own radio squad to abuse some things

It just means I’ll get more incoming bombers to shoot down before they get a chance to drop. I approve this message

1 Like

Yes, you can ask your friends to do this so that you can keep shooting down a lot of planes.

Of course, as for yourself, you may just simply send a lot of spam as gifts to the opponent players

Do different factions have different aircraft for this? Will german calling a C47 with white star marker?

Yes, should be.

2 Likes