New Mortars

In game there are two classes of mortars, light and medium. Light and medium mortars are carried and deployed directly by Mortar soldiers. Right now the faction’s mortars are all over the place, some have this, others have that. I am suggesting the mortars missing from each faction that should be added as well as a new type of mortar. Heavy Mortars are an Engineer construct that are more powerful than their standard cousins, in line with the Heavy Machine Guns and eventually the Heavy Anti Tank guns and Heavy Anti Air guns.

United States:
Medium Mortar- M1 Mortar

Heavy Mortar- M2 4.2-inch Mortar

United Kingdom:
Medium Mortar- Ordnance ML 3-inch Mortar

Heavy Mortar- ML 4.2-inch Mortar

Soviet Union:
Heavy Mortar- 120-PM-38 Mortar

Germany:
Medium Mortar- 8 cm Granatwerfer 34, in game Germany has the Kz 8 cm Granatwerfer 42 which was a smaller variant of the Granatwerfer 34, I feel this mortar should replace the Kz because it was Germany’s standard issue mortar and was produced in much larger numbers so it should be represented instead

Heavy Mortar- Granatwerfer 42

Italy:
Light Mortar- Brixia Model 35

Medium Mortar- 81/14 Model 35 Mortar

Japan:
Medium Mortar- Type 97 81 mm Infantry Mortar

Heavy Mortar- Type 2 12 cm Mortar

Agree. Allies need more powerful 80mm mortar to anti-tank and infantry.

Disagree. Since in meta, both German and Soviet Union have their 80mm mortars, it is good enough for Enlisted missions. If more powerful mortars are introduced, there might be more campers because mortars have become more effective. And I think there should be a clear distiguish between radio operators and mortarman. If mortar works better than artillary or even air strike, it seems not a good idea.

1 Like

anything bigger than 81mm should be off map for radioman to call in. if they ever introduce more options for radioman ofc because right now its just generic “arty” for all sides

and how about:
as a optional do build stacionary gun for engineer in mortar squad.
and for soviets it cou be 203mm M1931 B4:

1 Like

I would personally prefer to see mortar squads get light field guns as their buildable, like the 76mm M1943. The Germans had a few suitable 75mm guns and the Brits could have the 18 pounder. More HE power than anti-tank guns but no AP shells.

If the engineers in a mortar squad could build a howitzer or large mortar that would be great.

I disagree. Mortars in general are not as effective as they seem and aren’t uber op infantry grinders. That’s the whole point of indirect fire. A majority of the time you use a mortar you won’t hit anything. More powerful mortars are just a neat upgrade, so if by any chance you do hit something it will be more damage

Also it would not make the Radio Operator redundant because they have different roles and strategies. Just like Mortars, Artillery isn’t really as effective as it seems. It’s primary role is basically to ward off the enemy from specific areas, mortars are just indirect fire. A Radio Operator has the freedom to call in artillery or whatever anytime and from anywhere on the map and can go directly support the objective while a Mortar has to be stationary and far away from the objective

1 Like

No because they require teamwork and this game is one of the worst games when it comes to teamplay.
Mortarts are useless and most of those morons dont even use engineers so after twenty rounds, they are no issue anymore. Compare this with radio calls from radio squad.

Air strikes? Air strikes are free xp giveaways for the enemy unless you enemies are bots.

schwerer gustav 800 mm :smirk:

Lol, this thing will instantly delete anything on the map in the first minute of the game.