New mechanics for repairing armored vehicles

They still can’t fix AI walking in front of your buildables even after 3 tries lol

1 Like

next update be like

19 Likes

I just want working AA guns to stop the rocket spam HVAR spam or bomb spam.

But no they’re more interested in selling premium planes instead of caring about the ground pounders this game is not War Thunder it’s about infantry

3 Likes

ok i have a question that i dont know if anyone ask. So who can use this? only tanker? cause they already fix everything so idk why we need to nerf them even more but if normal infantry can use this. This might make people help tank when they see their friendly tank get damage so you dont have to go out and fix it yourself and if that the case that would be VERY useful imo

1 Like

It would be tremendously sad if there were NO level expansions due to merge or something

5 Likes

pretty sure it gonna be event for new stuff for now right?

Since tanks are getting quite an overhaul, ill repost a few suggestions I am keen for.

• towing, other tanks and wrecks
  • toolkit removes wreck
  • can capture objectives while popped out of cupola (risk, reward)
  • ammo stowage selection, I perhaps want less AP and more HE or vice versa. Maybe i want all smoke shells (like warthunder). Can even go out with less ammo to reduce ammo rack chances
  • Activiate manable other coaxil gunner positions (like Jagpanther) with optics
  • increase countermeasure (smoke) volume
  • Make the penetration indicator respect line of sight, so smoke and trees/bushes conceal.
7 Likes

Well I just realized something from the Russian side the forum they talk more sense there and now solo play is gonna have a massive casualties of tanks scattered across the battlefield because there’s no point in repairing it when you can just grab a new one

1 Like

i kinda agree on the “HE ammo is too weak” BUT for some tank only since some tank HE are rediculous(looking at you KV1 in stalingrad) like seriously sometime HE wont kill for some reason other time it would annihilate the whole room so yea kinda agree to some extent

1 Like

Well destroying a tank gun would win anytime right? I’m just thinking common sense here

Fat chance of that, unless you count camping far in the rear as increasing survivability. Not only you won’t be able to properly repair the tank from cover anymore, as the parts that will be most often damaged will also likely be the parts that are exposed to enemy fire, but repairing more serious damage will also likely take longer even if you can do it in peace as you will have to run around the tank, finding just the right spots to aim at from just the right angles.

In the end, this will just promote camping and abandoning the tank instead of trying to repair it.

So, will there be any news this week about the progress of the public test server preparations for enlisted 2.0? For example, a deposit box has just been purchased

Not really sure what to think about this.

On one hand, it gets SLIGHTLY more realistic, and repairing under fire becomes de facto almost impossible.

On the other hand, eh… As said, for the same reason it’s a noticeable nerf.

And sure I’m not going to expect to rely on anyone else but myself to repair my damaged tank.

9 Likes

Can we also get smoke to last longer, and maybe cover a larger area too? That way maybe popping smoke before a retreat/repair would be more viable

1 Like

If we’re ever in a game together, you best bet I’ll come in aid and repair like I’ve been called by the Horn of Gondor.

Tbh I hope this mechanic will cause devs to decrease the chances to blow up the tank and increase the chances to disable them.

Imo this would be a good follow up.

4 Likes

“the repair will be faster”
and people are calling it a nerf, as if fixing the tank these days isn’t all that hard and is only possible in certain cases… :joy:

1 Like

Yes, it’s what I said.

It’s now possible to cheese your way back multiple times by simply repairing while behind the tank, and magically teleporting back inside once it’s done.

With this new mechanic, the enemy crew will have to think twice before trying to repair in front. Jumbo won’t struggle as much vs tiger as it does atm since it’s extremely easy to pop the cat’s gun out.

It’s a “nerf” for tankers, but a fun one, that makes sense.

3 Likes

Are we playing same game, sir?

Wut? That’s extremely toxic. I definitely do not want shtt like that.

1 Like