New mechanics for repairing armored vehicles

1 Like

I’ve cheesed my way out so many times just by popping one repairman, crouching behind my tank, repairing without my enemy knowing, and winning the duel with my patched tank.

I should’ve lost, those times (realistically speaking).

Cheesing like this won’t be possible anymore, tankers will NEED to be smarter. Well at least a bit more than now…

10 Likes

Can allied engineers fix tanks without having a toolbox? would be much useful, plus adds more teamwork to the game.

Also, towing a tank using another tank like War Thunder would be appreciated.

But most importantly, HE ammo is too weak.

6 Likes

They’ll end up being more scared, not smarter.

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe…

More cautious definitely. Ppl that know how to tank anyway.

There will still be all those numerous entry lvl tanks rushing ahead in trenches, ditches and rivers, or simply trying to duel a tiger while having a 37mm gun.

Some things won’t change :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

After last update? I disagree. I even bought Normandy stug and had like 100 kills until they destroyed me.

No one asked for this we’ve been asking for more health on sandbags or fortifications not to fall apart so easily or fix AA guns And we can’t forget curse windows in bipods so why are we prioritizing random things instead of what the community wants

7 Likes

Would you recommend it? Most videos I’ve seen say it’s a good tank destroyer with the only issue being there’s no commanders machine gun.

Nah, it’s extremely overpriced. Moscow’s one is way better.

1 Like

I like this, might get interesting. More challenging for the tankers, but also more realistic, which always brings me more fun and satisfaction. As a tanker main I’m all for it. I will figure out ways to keep my tracks covered when I shoot to run back when the gun is damaged.
P.S. I hope this new mechanic means we will be able to fix turret rotation ring from the inside - this is the only reasonable option, the tankers inside are the closest to that part and this is physically the only way it can be accessed.

4 Likes

Nice.
I hope this will (somehow) increase the survivability of tanks.

Also can we have AI order “fix this tank”?

ps.
Panzergrenadiers lets gooooooo!!!
Good old times.

4 Likes

Can I ask that there be points awarded for repairing?

I carry toolkits on my engineers, it seems like repairing team mates and supporting tanks will be necessary.

6 Likes

Are you planning to do a major update and level-integrated update this month? Please provide an answer.

see ya in september or oct if not delayed further

Already a thing, repairing/extinguishing friendly tanks give 55 score

4 Likes

Probably because they never play the game or even playtest it before they push any update

Or because they know they can’t fix a crap wirhout adding even more bugs in the process

3 Likes

Nice, did not know!

3 Likes

At this point I think the devs care more about their player base in the sky than they care about the ground pounders.

Sales are good and all but you should not damn all the ground pounders because you wanna sell more planes

2 Likes

I guess i will have to go back to turret angling strategy that i’ve been using with my Panther, IS-1 and T-34 players don’t think they just shoot and keep bouncing off my turret and hull armor (why does it bounce should i move? nah just shoot some more - average Berlin Soviet tanker) and then i will move my turret and shoot at them, then move my turret back at some degree, rinse and repeat.

2 Likes