New class: paratroopers

Probably very vulnerable, making entire areas no go zones if someone has an AA up
Which is why you can jump early, you start taking hits and bail immediately

if the skydiver has warlike intentions itā€™s not a warcrime to shoot it.

In other words:
Paratrooper OK to shoot down.
Pilot that exit his destroyed plane NOK to shoot down. (same goes for a pilot that try to land a injured plane, itā€™s a warcrime to finish him)

But at the end, itā€™s only a crime if there are witnesses.

3 Likes

itā€™s also a war crime if people share the same opinion :wink:

The maps seem kind of small to implement paratroopers. There should be some kind cooldown system so your entire team doesnā€™t spam the paratrooper button. Maybe the point system used in the April fools mech point spawn point should be used.

No, I donā€™t think so.

They will be easy targets. Maps are too small for airborne warfare.

4 Likes

So the supply box shows boxes of grenades. Does this mean we can refill grenades from it?

1 Like

God I fucking hope absolutely not
Grenades are already incredibly obnoxious already with just 3

3 Likes

I can guarantee that after i have bombed someone twice or more, killed their plane or tankā€¦9 times out of 10 they will build aa.

People have this built in need for revenge

1 Like

Absolutely dislike this. Adding this serves no real purpose in the game. It doesnā€™t fit the gameā€™s dynamics and it ruins the ā€œlinearityā€ that is so fun and unique to it, especially in the Invasion mode.

Also, historically, paratroopers were deployed on a strategic and operational level, not in a tactical level dropping 3-4 random guys out in the middle of a close-quarters battle like the in this gameā€™s matches.

It will be just like the motorcycle class. Noobs will use it because ā€œits cool lmaoā€ just to get then trashed behind enemy lines until they realize it is an useless class. And donā€™t even get me started on the AIā€¦ maybe a competent player will be able to be a mild annoyance behind enemy lines, but it wonā€™t win battles or change the overall strategy and meta for the game. Useless.

2 Likes

Maps generally have a lot of play space that goes unusedā€¦

At least in moscow and tunisia

It said that they can get a hammer. The rally point builders will use rhese guysā€¦i know i will

1 Like

you will enjoy WP spam by "skill"ful players whether you want to or not

3 Likes

Definition of skill in enlisted: spam most broken shit untill the enemy quits the match so you can sweat your bot farm.

18 Likes

Wonā€™t the new br mm emphasize exactly just that behavior even more? :thinking:

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget to make a side discord after getting pushed out of the other more relaxed ones for being a massive asshole and then PMā€™ing people who you deem ā€œgood enoughā€ ie: Using the same rat tactics and only ever playing with a full stack and complaining you canā€™t get even more people in one squad
Definitely not naming any names

16 Likes

In general, I love the new idea of paratroopers and their abilities will make them very very good. Attacking is notoriously difficult in the game right now if the defending team are competent, itā€™s just that most games donā€™t ever allow people to notice this as a lack of matchmaking system (which will be remedied soon, of course). But these paratroopers will be amazing especially for the attacking team to help plant rallies, destroy enemy rallies, etc. Really looking forward to them, think it will be super attractive for existing and new players!

However:

• The premium squad price once again is ridiculous.
  • As previously stated up by @Shiivex - without any information on the max number of squad we are able to bring when the update drops, and how premiums will work, itā€™s hard for me to recommend anyone to buy the squads.
  • Paratroopers should be able to drop into what is currently that teamā€™s grey zone. If they canā€™t, I can see them being useless, as other people above me have already said many maps are too small to be able to drop onto the ground. They SHOULD be able to have at least some kind of time period in the grey zone to destroy enemy rallies, HMGs, grey zone tanks, whatever. Then maybe add back the grey zone for them after a few minutes or so so they are forced to run back into their teamā€™s playable area. Just an idea - Iā€™m sure others here have better ones too.
  • I too can also see potential lag issues with so many planes at once (everyone wants to play paratroopers when update drops + AI airstrikes + attacker pilots etc).
  • Thompson 100-round as premium is a little bit of a problem, kinda P2W vibes. That being said, I can see why you wanted to limit the use of this weapon and not make everyone run around with it. Not that it makes much difference with everyone already running around with M2 Carbines though.
8 Likes

paratroopers shoiuld be in a campain level for people who cant buy it with money

There wonā€™t be campaign lvls anymore. Only unlocks. So yes, paras will be there for free, just like medics.

Combined tech tree is the one good thing I like of the upcoming revamp.

5 Likes

Itā€™s also not a warcrime if you had fun doing it.

1 Like

I really want to buy (for nostalgiaā€¦heroes and generals)ā€¦but

• Universal Soldier, does that mean I can kit them with any weapon? Ie Rifles?..or Does it mean I am Stuck with their default weapon and ā€œchooseā€ something from the drop box?
  • Based on first question. Does that mean this squad is locked to high tier in the new system, Or if I can equip them with rifles will they be low tier?
  • are they only 4 man squad?

As much as I want paratroopers. I donā€™t want another High tier squad that will get benched because I prefer early war.

I also find it interesting that ā€œlateā€ Fallshcirmjagers are used as paratroopers as Air Drops pretty much fell out of favor after Crete ( 1941 and were instead used as elite infantry). Early Fallshcirmjagers should be a strong presence.

2 Likes