New class: Guerrilla

Yes.

The very same thing.

1 Like

True, but I can still leave the spawn point, try to sneak around in the gray zone in most maps and start sniping. Will be wiped out in retribution, but scoring 8-15 kills in such a match and ending up in top 30% of the team.

This would be down to 0-5 kills or deserting when spawn camped that way.

If my fears are correct then they’ll need to introduce lightgray and darkgray zones to fix the new can of worms they bring in trying to fix the original problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean if they want to fix the gray zone camping tanks, just split the gray zone into multiple chunks, and open up any of them and their neighbours where a tank is camping. Just use a counter on the tank and once it’s over the 1.5 minute mark AND 10 kills, it’s high time for an all-out battle on the bastard, wherever it tries to hide. No need to punish newbie tankers though (with a small kill count you may stay in gray zone, does not matter for the opponent, in fact it helps).

@Adamnpee & @Conscript_Joe

This is the second time I’m stepping in to remind you to keep it civil and on-topic.

There won’t be a third time…

And what were his teammates supposed to do? Split up so the enemy could get the train even easier? To be fair a panzerfaust would be more efficient at dealing with that.

Maybe the easiest would be to completely do away with the gray zones: To protect the main spawns (i.e. the initial spawns for the teams) from spawn camping they could introduce variable spawn locations within a broad spawn area (i.e. players can manually select where they want to spawn in the entire area). I would also suggest making player squads invulnerable when they spawn, until THEY move out a few meters from where they spawned AND/OR until they fire their first shot (if they remain stationary). That way they would be protected from being killed outright, would be able to counter anyone trying to spawncamp (either by selecting a different spawn location within the borad spawn area) or by engaging them after spawning (as the spawning players would be the FIRST to be able to score a real hit, detering people from spawn camping). With people marking enemies players would also become aware where there are spawncampers or dangers, and can select spawn locations to counter that easier.

This would protect the main spawns but also give the other team the option to go after enemy tanks, enemy guns etc. anywhere on the map.

Ah well just a few thoughts.

1 Like

The main function of the guerrillas is sabotage. In the game, what will their function be? We already have maps that include time bombs. I don’t see any other function other than killing the enemy on the behind line. It’s interesting on larger maps. I don’t see any use for this group on small maps at the moment.

Default spawn points already have spawn protection and when they are too nearby to next location it is really awkward to see the shield appearing after a nice headshot in a location where you scored proper kills 5 seconds earlier. This would be increased to a bad experience if you can’t be sure which squads are spawn protected and which aren’t in a bigger area.

Instead of that, opening up part of the gray zone just for the tank as I wrote before would keep the current rally mechanisms in place.

1 Like

I hate people that are spawn camping, be it with AT guns, tanks or anything else, and that I have no Idea? No, I don’t think so, or at least I think that I know a bit from my 30 days of battle time…

Huh? I highly doubt.

Because then you would have to know that spawn protection is borderline pointless. And can be easily countered by spawn camper.
All he had to do is just wait behind the corner until you lose your invincibility.
And thus your “I love how half the people forget that the main spawn points give you spawn protection” statement is misleading. Because spawn protection was never a proper solution to spawn camping. It was always only effective against randomly dropped bombs or other random explosions. That’s all.

Plus this spawn protection was mentioned in this discussion so many times anyway. So your statement is not even correct.

It’s better for them to actively choose to be generated on the flank of the battlefield or in some special position, because guerrilla forces are not used to attack the front line together like ordinary soldiers

2 Likes

Hi, I have now had 4 Hard Freezes on my Ps5, I looged a ticket on CBR but conscious they take time to respond. I am getting stuck on clouds exit screen in the last week or so, not every game but twice yesterday and now today, last night fine, this morning fine. It is not consistent.

Ticket: Community Bug Reporting System on a search I can see a lot of simialr issues under infinite clouds being reported, some consolers no playing til this is confirmed fix.

@James_Grove @MajorMcDonalds Hi guys, this was not a an issue before

About the whole spawncamping, can it also be considered spawncamping when you accidentally went inside a building that is enemy main spawn when the grayzone hasn’t completely set and you instinctively start shooting them because they spawned there and you don’t know that said building will be their new spawn? Because against such things the protection is effective.

And about the random bombs and rockets, there were some games in which I got deleted even when I spawned at the main spawn. But those were freak accidents.

But I’m gonna agree with you in the fact that they could and most likely should make the partisan AO further away from the spawnby 10-20% smaller.

I think it’s funny personally

A 4 stack of veteran players will screw you over regardless, with or without this class it’ll suck

2 Likes

Can we now look at improving the game modes to accomodate all these classes?

• bigger capture areas (HE covers less of objectives)
  • minute lockout on capture advancement
  • bigger play area in general (at least 150 either side of objective
  • some form of ticket attrition for defenders (still favourable though) attrition makes trading matter

Stuff like that

8 Likes

I think this is a fundamental problem with some game modes - IMO if the team on offense is unable to get anybody on point after 5 minutes or a set amount of tickets, have their greyzone disappear and let the team on defense capture their spawn point and put them out of their misery.

It’s ridiculous that when the team on offense fails completely the defending team just ends up sitting right outside of the greyzone killing them as they try to advance, rather than being unable to counterattack. Sure, it’s nice if you have an XP booster, but it’s not fun for either side.

1 Like

I agree with this. If the objective is in a town, rather than just being a few buildings you need to capture, maybe make the capture zone the whole town and make it capture more slowly? That way the team has to take control of the whole town not just get a ton of people in one buildings.

1 Like

Polish and Yugoslav partisans did just as much if not more so

Weren’t polish partisans active for way longer than the French resistance