New class: Guerrilla

So I just realised that depending on how exactly the gray zone for guirella will look like, they will make it even easier to rush the next objective.
It’s already an issue on some maps that tryhards will start capturing the next objective before the deffenders manage to fall back. (I even had situations where I was running back from the 1st objective and by the time I got to the 2nd one, enemy started capping the 3rd.)

This sounds really concerning.

7 Likes

So our Tunisian guerrillas would be like…

1 Like

You really dont want 9 bots giving you away while you are trying to be sneaky :joy:

3 Likes

See at least in my version I choose for them to not be able to cap point but yea my version was more OP in some way this I admit

I would say nerfing artillery is far worse then AP mines for me. I hardly get killed by AP mines anymore since I started avoiding places people place them, but it’s hard to avoid non stop artillery that you have no idea where it’s falling. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s why we recommended the military application of umbrellas back then…

Surely they got fixed the explosives spam since, or not?
At least there are no small area objectives in the wide open, pointless to defend in a bombardment when the bombs are selectively killing only one side… Just kidding, it’s Enlisted. :wink:

i always played this game like this
dont need a special class for that

i would be more efective if the squad concept was removed
but :frowning_face:

and the grey stupid zones… :smirk:

So how would German “commandos” in top hats and VS armbands appear in Kahif village?

I still think this is another ridiculous cash grab simultaneously again spitting on atmosphere and immersion of this game, no?

2 Likes

actually it is easy… you just need to look at minimap every so often…

This Guerilla warfare thing will be perfect for my girlfriends 15 year old son. I let him jump on and play some games just so I can get the silver. :joy: Anyway, he is one of these that really doesn’t pay any attention to the objectives, he just runs amuck looking for people to shoot. He’s not bad, but would be better if I could get him to go after the game objectives. Of course, he seems to think he can kill a tank with his SMG because I constantly see him shooting at them and telling him, that ain’t gonna hurt that tank, but he keeps trying. :smile: Anyway, this sounds more like up his alley.

1 Like

I’ve had squads survive land mines on rallies, admittedly only half of the squad survived but it’s still much better

There’s gonna be free TT and Event squads too my guy

1 Like

Honestly hoping they add a cooldown time to defensive zones to prevent this. Like you said, it’s already an issue

2 Likes

Maybe just maybe
Yougoslav partisans for soviets?
Pretty please?)

1 Like

So

1. add gray zone to prevent spawn camping
  2. add guerrillas to prevent gray zone camping
  3. with #2 probably break spawn camping AND also the current way of capturing objectives
  4. add cooldown to defensive objectives, unnaturally slowing down the game like in confrontation mode (which I really don’t like), just to fix one of the two new issues
  5. profit?

I still think that temporarily and partially opening up gray zone where tank camps is a less harmful way, but partisans can actually bring in some ideas for new game modes, some kind of ambush and steal/stealth, maybe very different from current Enlisted and maybe PvE but still fun.

Like I said, bumrushing objectives is already an issue bow. This is not a new issue.

1 Like

is it an issue ?
what about the bunch of useless bots that follow you ? :rofl:

Maybe if I make sure all soldiers are wearing helmets that would help. :rofl:

It happens rarely in my matches, maybe on BR2/Join any mode the matches are more casual? For me it was such a rare thing in last month that preventing it would cause more harm. I’m curious to see whether the guerrillas will be some new best squad changing the gameplay or we’re just overreacting.

Honestly, right now I doubt they’ll change much. I think it’ll be like APCs where everyone (myself included) though it was gonna be this big gamebreaking change, but really the game is overall pretty much identical.

We’ll see though, I could be wrong

1 Like