New Battle Pass: Third Season of 2024

That is why they carried spare barrels, swapping the barrel only took a couple of seconds.
MG crews usually swapped barrels every 150-250 rounds fired. That actually significantly prolonged the barrel’s life span since the barrel never overheated in battle unlike most MGs of the period.

Barrels are heavy, difficult to lug around and expensive to make. Yes, MG-42 squads were given some barrels to swap out, but they did not have an infinite supply. That was the issue, and why infantry machine gunners had weapons with limited rates of fire. To help mitigate barrel damage.

True, but Germany literally based it’s whole squad tactics around machine gun doctrine, they probably knew what they were doing.

A barrel cools down fairly quickly, by the time they cycle back to the first barrel, it would usually be completely cooled. If they have enough ammo to fire that much at all.

I can confirm that early MG42’s fire rate was reduced from 1500, but the only reason I know of is economy, such a fire rate wasted ammo way too much.

But you are forgetting that MG34 and MG42 are the world’s first GPMG, light machine gun and medium machine gun if installed on a tripod.
squad machine guns and platoon medium MGs having radically different fire rate on purpose would defeat the whole GPMG doctrine.

Yeah, I’ll definitely give you this. I honestly think the main issue was that just too many barrels were cracking due to over use, and then as the war dragged on they became more and more difficult to produce. That and also ammo consumption. That’s why by the end of the war so many guns were relegated to 900 rpm.

1 Like

Anyone know if twitch drops hero soldiers qualify for the 20% XP booster?

Also my Bf 109 K-4 didn’t get the memo about getting a bomb?

Sadly the update didn’t release just yet.
Probably in a day or two, unless they reroll some changes.

1 Like

Weirdly enough the MG45 has high rpm despite being last ditch MG design.
Maybe the lighter bolt was cheaper/easier to produce?

Again, after three matches, there are no real people playing, only two or three max.

I find this incredibly difficult to believe…

1 Like

Me too, i have been since the beggining and missing the old days, with real people. Only real motivation is to use the premium i bought with the gold compensation, and i think that’s gonna run out even after the release of the game, which i see far away…

Long story short, dead on arrival.

I played 5 matches today and all of them were full… I think you are confusing noobs with bots.
Funny as it may seem, bots outperform many casual players in this game.

1 Like

Maybe that’s the problem, i am playing with noobs that can’t write… Should i try the other server and speak other language maybe?

I don’t understand why they keep saying “there is a lot of people” when there are clearly not, i used to play this game and be talking and chating with people all the time in the ingame chat, now there is a silence that proves by itself that there are no people around, or at least less than ever.

I respec some of my factions to BRI today.

Had loads of fun against real people.

You have to remember, that different people play different BRs.

The playerbase is really fluid with this game.

1 Like

Yes…
imagen_2024-08-28_192557224

Right now there are more people playing Russian Fishing 4 than Enlisted, that’s a thing you need to put your priorities on.

5 matches on US low BR, not a single pacific map. Game is definetely having some heavy issues.

What server are you playing on?

I ask, because it’s late in Europe right now.

All of them, but today when i booted the game i was playing only US servers, got paired with bots against vets, and only against Germany. Also, people don’t seem to know how to chat in english on US servers playing with US faction, which i find a little bit sus.

Would love to see the game have some comeback, but it looks like it’s not gonna happen. Best times have already past and it’s sad.

To quote Churchill:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Give it time, chap.

…That last bit was me… :wink:

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry i have like 500 days of premium that i will use playing, sadly my friends have quit the game long time ago or are starting to move on to other games. Maybe some of them will comeback someday, but has i have already told you, the best days have already past by.

Game is gonna keep on going, and that’s for sure, at least until the last whale was drained.

Bleddy lightweights… :smiley: