Need help for Leningrad siege map

so, I needed a few tips:
1- some terraforming, I wanted to have something like Moscow winter but flattened and without shitty villages everywhere, dunno if it’s possible but still asking.
2- people working, I would have really liked putting some npcs doing nothing that look like they are using hidrogen flames and stuff (the idea was arming them with a goofy looking flamethrower and put sparks animation prefab but I don’t know how to rotate npc and have them in certain poses and stuff).
3- I would be very thankful if anyone could have any suggestion for map configuration because I have a lot of confused ideas (goofy ahhh soviet industrialy urbanistics)
thank everyone answering

3 Likes

I would also need to know how to put stalingrad loudspeakers in the map and how to have them play some music I downloaded, thanks again

and because I apparently have alzheimer, if anyone knows how to put the snowy surface effect in the map (every upper surface being covered by snow like in the STZ plant map) tell me pls

Well… Editor terraforming tool a bit primitive. You can try make flattened area by using terraforming & putting some terrain patches rendinsts.

Prefab that contains this hidden rendinst: sovmil_missile_terrain_patch.txt (340 Bytes)
Change file type from .txt to .blk and put file inside userPrefabs. After that in prefabs you can create this rendinst.

But probably it will be much better if you will do map based on STZ location or find flat area and just remove trees.

Toolbox → Terraforming → GE (Grass Erasers).

You can remove villages using scenery_remover.

For that in Create Entity you will need to write +sound_effect_soviet_loudspeaker_a or +sound_effect_soviet_loudspeaker_b inside Template Postfix that a bit upper button Close.
After that create game_rendinst.

If it still not play sounds then try to add stalingrad_ambient_sound.

For that you need to edit shaderVars entity. You can find more info here and here too.

But two problems:
[1]. You will need to code.
In userGameMods you will able find your mod folder. It contains file scene.blk that contains all information about your map. You can open file using any txt editors. And then find shaderVars. It will looks like that:

entity{
  _template:t="shaderVars"

"shader_vars__vars:object"{
    hmap_displacement_up:r=0.3
    ocean1:c=142, 137, 71, 0
    ocean0:c=76, 63, 5, 0
    ocean_density:r=0.1
    puddle_hardness:r=12
    puddle_flat_noise_normal_effect:r=0.015
    puddle_flat_normal_hardness:r=25
    layered_fog_density:r=0.005
    land_selfillum_worldscale:r=1
    river1:c=64, 64, 29, 0
    river0:c=49, 47, 41, 0
    hmap_displacement_down:r=-0.15
    puddle_flat_hmap_reduce:r=-0.2
    leaves_ss_profile:p4=1, 1, 1, 0
    autodetect_land_selfillum_color:p4=0.176, 0.051, 0, 0.094
    paint_details_tex:t="berlin_wall_color_tex_palette*"
    layered_fog_height:r=20
    puddle_increase:r=0
    land_selfillum_strength:r=50
    water_color_noise_size:r=71
    puddle_flat_noise_height_reduce:r=0.09
    water_depth_hardness:r=0.41
    river_density:r=10
  }
}

For adding snow you need to add lines with envi_cover properties. Add it inside entity body that opens and closes by { and }.

[2]. It doesn’t affect to terraforming terrain. Only on rendinsts. But you kinda can try hide not snowy area with capture point decal or put rendinsts.

I used capture point and then scale it and make it not visible and impossible to be captured by any team.

You want make them killable or looks like decoration (static, don’t move and can’t die)?

3 Likes

thanks for the reply!
I want to make them non killable, basically a decoration.

1 Like

Then you can create common_menu_animchar or customizable_menu_animchar entity.

common_menu_animchar

It may contains some problems with textures. Also you can’t freely change equipment. Only edit animchar/soldier model.

For that you need change animchar__res property:

• ger_summer_X_char (X can be 1 - 7).
  • ger_winter_X_char (X can be 1 - 4).
  • ger_tropic_X_char (X can be 1 - 3).
  • ussr_summer_X_char (X can be 1 - 8).
  • ussr_winter_X_char (X can be 1 - 12).
  • usa_summer_X_char (X can be 1 - 5).
  • usa_winter_X_char (X can be 1 - 5).
  • uk_tropical_1_char
  • ger_br_char
  • us_br_char

If you want to change animation then you need to open animchar__animStateNames property. And edit upper line. Sadly, but you can’t set any animations, but some will work:

• enlisted_idle_0X (X can be 1 - 4)
  • enlisted_idle_XX_weapon (XX can be 05 - 24, 101 - 117 and 11_1)
  • enlisted_action_idle_XX_weapon (XX can be 01 - 11)
  • presentation_idle
  • drive_passenger
  • drive_driver
  • lower_crawlstill
  • lower_sprint
  • lower_stand
  • lower_run
  • sm_injured
  • climb_high
  • sprint

Maybe I’m something missing. I used info from this post and added some new anims.

If you want to add weapon then you will need to add or create entity with postfix human_weap.
How to add postfix to entity that already created? You can note - and + in lowest panel inside properties panel.
Just click to + and write template postfix.
And then you will able see and edit property human_weap__weapTemplates. Just need to write any weapon template inside primary. You can find weapons in Create EntityWeapons. Keep in mind that you need to write template without _item in name and without any template postfixs (+item_in_world)!

Changes will be only after restart or clone/copy entity. For clone/copy entities you can hold [Shift] keyboard button and use Move tool.

customizable_menu_animchar

It’s like common_menu_animchar, but it have very small selectable box and also without any equipment. As result it’s invisible. But you can freely equip this menu animchar. For that you will need to edit human_equipment__initialEquip property.
In new menu you will need to write equipment template. Like how you write weapon, but at this time you will need to add _item in name. Equipment name you can find in Create EntityEquipments list, but I recommend to check post that contains all equipment names and also slots.

After adding value you will need to write slot name.
If you don’t use Erika Kalkbrenner post then you can find slot name only spawn equipment and check property item__equipToSlot.

One big problem that you can note after clone enitity. You will not able edit human_equipment__initialEquip property (you still able edit old and invisible menu animchar entity).

But if you did many work and don’t want to do it again then you can a bit edit map code, scene.blk file. You will able find this entity code:

entity{
  _template:t="customizable_menu_animchar+human_weap"
  transform:m=[[-0.803584, 0, -0.59519] [0, 1, 0] [0.59519, 0, -0.803584] [-1.47095, 3.3532, 216.642]]

"human_equipment__initialEquip:object"{
    attachable_wear_tunic_08_ussr_summer_item:t="tunic"
    helmet_sh39_ussr_05s_item:t="head"
    attachable_wear_armor_sp39_08_ussr_summer_item:t="chest"
    attachable_wear_pants_04_3_ussr_winter_item:t="pants"
    attachable_wear_hands_01_ussr_summer_item:t="gloves"
    attachable_wear_belt_1_04_ussr_winter_item:t="belt_1"
    attachable_wear_head_male_05_us_item:t="face"
    attachable_wear_backpack_01_ussr_winter_item:t="backpack"
  }

"animchar__animStateNames:object"{
    lower:t="presentation_idle_beast"
    upper:t="enlisted_idle_15_weapon"
  }

"human_weap__weapTemplates:object"{
    primary:t="as_44_gun"
  }
}

For changing equipment you just need to add/remove/edit lines inside human_equipment__initialEquip property.

4 Likes

THX I Will notice you about how this goes

2 Likes

Hey Devenddar, could you help me quickly? I just saw how you got the snow covering in stalingrad on the streets too, by placing capture zones as you said…

I cant get it to work somehow, i tried many capture zones but it did not work…

Could you tell me how i can get the floor to be white as it is in your picture?

1 Like

you have to scale it, and untick the always_show option ( i believe )

But two problems:
[1]. You will need to code.
In userGameMods you will able find your mod folder. It contains file scene.blk that contains all information about your map. You can open file using any txt editors. And then find shaderVars. It will looks like that:

entity{
  _template:t="shaderVars"

"shader_vars__vars:object"{
    hmap_displacement_up:r=0.3
    ocean1:c=142, 137, 71, 0
    ocean0:c=76, 63, 5, 0
    ocean_density:r=0.1
    puddle_hardness:r=12
    puddle_flat_noise_normal_effect:r=0.015
    puddle_flat_normal_hardness:r=25
    layered_fog_density:r=0.005
    land_selfillum_worldscale:r=1
    river1:c=64, 64, 29, 0
    river0:c=49, 47, 41, 0
    hmap_displacement_down:r=-0.15
    puddle_flat_hmap_reduce:r=-0.2
    leaves_ss_profile:p4=1, 1, 1, 0
    autodetect_land_selfillum_color:p4=0.176, 0.051, 0, 0.094
    paint_details_tex:t="berlin_wall_color_tex_palette*"
    layered_fog_height:r=20
    puddle_increase:r=0
    land_selfillum_strength:r=50
    water_color_noise_size:r=71
    puddle_flat_noise_height_reduce:r=0.09
    water_depth_hardness:r=0.41
    river_density:r=10
  }
}

For adding snow you need to add lines with envi_cover properties. Add it inside entity body that opens and closes by { and }.

[2]. It doesn’t affect to terraforming terrain. Only on rendinsts. But you kinda can try hide not snowy area with capture point decal or put rendinsts.

2 Likes

I got the snow, but i cant do it with the capture zone decal thing… sadly unchecking it does not change anything

have you tried to then tick the “always_hide”, scale it, save and restart?

2 Likes

Doesnt work… did i use a wron one?

er no.

you need to actually use the capzone as a paint.

the capzone on it’s own has the decal around the point which it’s white:
( edges of it’s surface )

and you then tweak the decals settings:

( reccomandations, set the decal thickness & heights. but don’t overdo it or put ranges above the 10, otherwise for some reason it won’t appear. but it will get you a perfect white )

3 Likes

Thanks, but cant i get the size of the filled square bigger? or do i have to copy paste it a lot

1 Like

essentially. this.

but you can always play around with the sizes.

that’s what she said…

keep in mind that in order to apply the changes you will need to duplicate the capzone as the changes will not appear in real time.

just like customizable soldiers.
you either need to save and restart, or duplicate it.

here was mine:

entity{
  _template:t="defend_zone_chained_box+separate_cap_decap_time+lockable_capzone"
  transform:m=[[15.1862, 0, 0] [0, 5.2118, 0] [0, 0, 73.1264] [-82.3718, 5.62716, -137.755]]
  decal__thickness:r=10
  decal__height:r=15.5
  capzone__alwaysHide:b=yes
}
3 Likes

Thank you for the help :wink: Mind if i ask one more thing, how do i remove this error message?

1 Like

just use one without nav- meshes.

like the one i sended slighlty above.

2 Likes

I did as you did above, but there is still the errormessage

1 Like

are you sure that’s your only capzone present, and not caused by already existing ones?

edit. pretty sure that’s the only one since the name is that one.

dunno. it doesn’t cause it for me.

2 Likes

No, it is an empty map, no things added except this point

1 Like