Mg 08/18

I suggest this ww1 machine gun for s
at least reach in tech tree or gold order100 round machime gun in germany even japs with double barrel got it first in tech tree and conders is smg,so it doesnt count

4 Likes

There is literally no reason to add some ww1 MG when there is no MG-42 beltfed in the game yet.

6 Likes

because that,we dont have anything lol

i mean there is every reason to add ww1 gun tbh look at farquhar

2 Likes

Not a tech tree weapon.

1 Like

you right you got me there

ok make it be gold order,but as they dont give something what you do?

3 Likes

idk; I think a ww1 mg would honestly be more balanced; fitting in with the Maxim Tokarev, 1919A6, (field mod japanese Type 98’s with stocks)… big heavy cumbersome. I’ve recommended the MG 15nA (Bergman), not to be confused with the other MG15 lol.

either way has no business until the allies and japanese get their lewis guns. (the japanese need theirs as balance with the allies getting them… it’s a twofer)

thanks

Literally nobody is using tokarev over RD-44.

Again, how many people have you seen with A6?

There’s just no reason to add some no name MG over the most iconic MG of the ww2.
This ww1 MG should be GO.

2 Likes

what i seen people use 1919A6 all the time hell even im using it rn

but i do agree on the RD44 one tho havent seen people use the maxim tokarev much

2 Likes

you already have it though, it uses 50 round belts.

I run A6’s;

and the MG15nA is hardly “no name”, it’s an incredibly influential gun, frankly fitting in quite well with the Berlin campaign as it was used by Volksturm.

1 Like

I wouldn’t object if its recoil was as unpredictable as Maxim Tokarev’s

3 Likes

i am sorry but with a hundred round drum this would at the minimal need to be fired while prone
unless you give the gunner a chance to throw out there back
make them twice as big thus twice as easy to hit
give it a smaller bullet to reduce weight
if water cooled make the above suggestions even worse

well i am using it as replacement SF :stuck_out_tongue: although idk what my squads will look after t20…

1 Like

The MG 08/18 was developed at the very end of World War One as a lighter alternative to the MG 08/15. It used an air-cooled barrel, and between not needing water and having lighter parts it managed to be about 6 pounds less weight than the 08/15.

The final weight for the refined LMG 08/15 is 26 lbs, compared with 57 lbs for the original iteration of the MG 082.

Ammunition boxes (weighing 22 pounds each) held five separate belts totaling 250 rounds per box.

so if you want more than one drum

that is at least 42 pounds

sorry showed thE mg-08/15 not the MG08/18 ONLY DIFFERENCE IS WATER COOLED VS AIR COOLED

4 Likes

Weight hardly is a problem of anykind.
Already have japanese running around with AT rifle ~50kg ?

And if we go slightly further we have engineers running around with 10 czech hedhehogs, couple AA guns and AT gun neatly packed in backpack.

1 Like

This is not true, they use their hammer to create new atoms, which they then use to make, for example, cannons via chemical-physical processes.

1 Like

BAR is ww1 MG and its in tech tree so MG 08/18 can also be a tech tree weapon

1 Like

I mean Japanese soldier is carrying type 97 wich is 115(52KG)LBs so I see no problem with weight