Merge is DOA without proper BR brackets

Allowing tryhards spamming end game gear to shit the entire test server up unabated is exactly what the game will be if you don’t actually plan to keep things separated past the locale stuff.
Look at Berlin as it is now, its fucking unplayable because its just FG IIs StG and AVT AS44 cycled with flamers and rifle GL spam

The game will die and all that will be left is meta chasers playing in their own shit and piss

21 Likes

And i’ll be waiting here to see it, first row with popcorn ready

3 Likes

agreed adding a tier system is always a bad idea and unfortunately the devs have gone the path of having to add more rubbish to the game to sate

but it will be fun to watch company try and play dumb and try some more stupid shit to try and bring back the game

6 Likes

Greetings from Hefei province,

I do not understand what makes a person want to play the same thing, over and over, if their skill is such that they can make any weapon in the game work to their advantage.
FG42, MG34/42, flamethrower, sturmrifles across all campaigns (nobody plays pacific axis suspiciously) and big cat tanks are prolific across all 5 western axis campaigns, played by people who actively seek to ruin the experience of the average player and create such a sour taste for new players that I am left to wonder if they are sabotaging the game on purpose

This game will flounder and die if the matchmaking system is like how it was in this latest playtest - constantly being matched with game-wrecking animals exploiting their end-game equipment. I created bolt-action only platoons, used beginning-game equipment, and I saw nothing but end-game players despite how hard I tried to actively avoid them.

If this game’s merge is to succeed it must have battle ratings. And bolt actions should never go beyond battle rating 2.

6 Likes

here is my question what do they offer as rewards in event, progression and premiums if they don’t add new things, yeah you cant have assault rifles against bolt actions but they don’t want a red orchestra 2 situation with les then a tenth of the player base they have now

1 Like

Mainly because equipment isnt moderated. People are always on about “I should be able to pick anything I want when I want”

Once you reach a certain tech level, Berlin is inevitable

even with BR it will still reach this point (high tier will always be the most cancerous, as it is in warthunder). Its just the nature of endgame.

The only way is to severely limit the availability of the powerful equipment. But people would riot

I dont envy the developers, they are in a very awkward spot trying to please mutually exclusive goals.

The only thing BR can do is cut this part of the game away from the lower and mid tier part of the game

Thats what i hope can be preserved and Can be achieved with their current system, but only “IF” equipment is marked better

Leaving End game for those that enjoy that style.

5 Likes

My man You don’t even know how much i missed You.

Sending my love and regards to whole Hefei province

4 Likes

ITS FUCKING WORLD WAR TWO
there is a LIMITED amount of shit that was used

as i have said many times before they should be focusing on adding more “features” and game modes rather then weapons that have no place in a ww2 game that claims to be historically accurate

and the biggist issue with the game is that it dosnt offer any chance for clans or milsim community’s to play in the game, and the amount of ‘team work’ that you can do in the game is next to nil

3 Likes

Sending love and suggs from Zhongli-Hutao Steel Plant No.10

4 Likes

All I want is a bracket system with several hard exclusions (+ and - 1 tier at most) which is disconnected from maps and doesn’t dictate what “campaign” you end up in.

3 Likes

A shitty end game is not going to end well especially for those who invested time and money grinding iconic stuff. Getting all the players with end game equipment together is clearly going to be toxic instead of getting separated by each other in different matches

4 Likes

It’s literally going to be miserable playing with all the good equipment now. It is supposed to be fun, this isn’t a serious major league game. Locking all the players together who want to use the equipment they poured countless hours in to getting is going to be such a bad gaming experience. As for the historical accuracy, no battlefield in real life has every person using the same gear. It’s mixed and should be so here as it is now. They just need to balance the lobbies a bit better, making sure each time has an equal amount of high ranked players

4 Likes

I dont even see a point in trying to grind for the end game with how they are doing this.

1 Like

most of the players were using high level gear in the test server making most of the games in berlin/normandy. I hope this is not the case in the real server

1 Like

then you have to accept limitations to how much of the really good gear you can take into a game…

you don’t want to fight against all the good gear with your good gear cos its a shitty experience? so why should all the lesser gear have to be matched against good gear so the end game players can have a good experience?

Limitations are required before both can be put in the same playfield in a fun way, otherwise its one getting shafted or the other

It will be the same as WT BR of 9.0-11.7 where everyone tryhards like esport players and camp behind the hills/buildings abusing most rat tactics they can use (they will always wait you at the corner and listen your engine sound just to 1hk kill you across the map) and others are playing as quick and efficient as the F1 racing cars drivers no mistakes only domination, want to take a breather? nope not this decade.

I will welcome American newbies with my fully grinded Japan nation i hope they will have fun getting blasted with my Ho-I, Type100 late, T97 at rifle, FN1930 and flamethrowers.

ShareX_qdjXhvW8EE
Ivan is dreaming about game pre-merge, it was a simple time where you just press start and play while having a lot of fun, now it’s building lineups, not being able to play his favorite Moscow because he dared to take PPSh-41, and getting killed by some super active murder machines that are corner peeking soldiers he thinks they are on panzer chocolate. Ivan wants to go back.

1 Like

welp.

let’s see what they come up with today about our feedbacks.

worst case scenario, pve it is then. right? ( part of me hopes that )

Hilarious that they decided to keep a WWII game fresh with endless paper guns instead of locations. I’d rather have a bolt action in Italy than what we’re stuck with now

1 Like

that is true, but how do separate them? spread them across multiple matches so they can farm weaker players? no that is objectively worse than letting meta slaves destroy each other.

I Have been toying around with the idea that “one” of your squad slots is a Veteran squad slot. It’s the only squad you can bring whatever you want to other BRS (within reason, no King tigers to low tier)

3 spawn lockout on loss might be enough