Making Enlisted a Better Place №64

Each issue of our series focuses on a certain aspect of the game or a particular mechanic, in which we correct smaller, but noticeable bugs and add new interesting features.

IMPROVING THE RECOIL CALCULATION FORMULA

With this long-awaited improvement, many weapons in your soldiers’ hands will perform better! This is all thanks to the significantly more predictable recoil. We recently covered this topic in detail in a separate devblog, but in case you missed it – don’t worry, we’ll briefly go over the main changes.

Hit patterns of the MG-42 in three different battles. Left - with the additional randomness. Right - without it.

Hit patterns of the MG-42 in three different battles. Left - with the additional randomness. Right - without it.

Until now, Enlisted used a formula that also introduced an additional randomness into the recoil pattern, causing it to change from battle to battle. On one hand, this simulated the inconsistency in the manufacturing quality of each weapon, but on the other hand, it almost made it impossible to get used to your favorite guns.

After hearing your opinions, we decided to remove this additional randomness from the formula. This doesn’t mean that the recoil patterns will always be the same, just that they will be affected by far less random factors.

IMPROVING AI SOLDIERS

As you know, we are constantly improving the AI of the soldiers in your squad - after this update, they will behave even more like humans!

AI soldiers have learned to reload their weapons while running, and their animation of turning around has also become more natural. They can no longer destroy friendly stationary machine guns by accidentally hitting them. And while standing behind them, they pause less and try to find new targets faster.

OTHER CHANGES

• Reverted the elevation angle changes for anti-aircraft guns: they can now go as low as -2 degrees, instead of the fixed 5-degrees.
  • Anti-aircraft guns no longer overheat.
  • Improved the damage model of AT cannons built by engineers: more parts will count toward the destruction of AT cannons, such as wheels, optics and cannon breech, making it easier to counter them.
  • Fixed the poses of soldiers inside the Sd.Kfz.251/9 APC.
  • The “Possible maps” tooltip now correctly displays the campaigns whose maps the player might get.
  • Fixed infantry getting stuck at one of the spawn points in the “Quarry South (Invasion)” mission.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK!

Lots of exciting game mechanics have been realized or improved thanks to your ideas. We are watching our communities, other Enlisted sites and regularly check the forum for your feedback and reports.

So share, suggest, and report!

39 Likes

P47, your days are numbered…

12 Likes

AA changes are so good, but what about tank crew bug? after the last update happened me 3 times, when I spawn as tank, I can’t move, I can’t turn my gun etc. if I leave tank with my crew and get inside tank again then it fixes itself, but its a annoying bug

3 Likes

Great change, what about SPAAs?

16 Likes

Artillery bug after recent update // Gaijin.net // Issues

Any plans to fix recent bug with the artillery ?

4 Likes

tested on the flakpanzer I (SPAA) it still overheats

Flakpanzer I

Spoiler

AA Guns

Spoiler

14 Likes

Bravo! 20mm vehicles too please

• T-60
  • ab-41
  • panzer II
  • flakpanzer
  • gaz AAA (25mm)
  • ta se
  • m13 (50 cals damage and pen has been neutered…
    Maybe double time to overheat if removal isnt considered)
24 Likes

:frowning:

5 Likes

One of the better “Making Enlisted a … “.
Good job, looking forward to test it.

7 Likes

3 Likes

These are some good changes to AA and AI, I just hope the AA isn’t obnoxiously used against infantry again. I guess we will find out soon enough if we will get anything for July 4th.

1 Like

Absolutely loving that!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I belive it won’t be a problematic as when quad aa was around.
And I belive, a heavy mg or eng mg will be better against soldiers

And now soldiers are a Litle more exposed in aa guns, making killing a Aa gun user more a easy task than before

2 Likes

Currently in vacation, but it does sound great.

Curious to test how much the AI has actually changed or the recoil.

And glad to hear about the AA.

Not so sure regarding the AT cannons, since imo were fine as they were, but I’ll see.

However, I gotta ask something.
Any eta on custom games fixes?

Or… any editors update?

Last thing we’ve got about any of these… was 3/4 months ago.
Despite still having no equipment selector for customs. Which was announced one year and a half ago.

I used to annoy people sitting on an AA guns waiting for my plane, by just flying lower than they could aim, guess it’s no longer a viable tactic. Some players trying to “revenge kill” were sitting there for about half battle time waiting to shoot me down :smile:.

1 Like

We can ask, let’s see what developers consider.

7 Likes

Thank you, Shiivex.

1 Like

This is one of the best thing I have heard ngl

3 Likes

I’ve noticed it with Transports as well. I think I’ve also only noticed it if I was holding my forward key before the spawn actually occurred though.

1 Like