Make soldiers holding weapon poses in the Hangar selectable and share the same amount of postures being used

Right now there’s inconsistency in how soldiers hold their weapons in the Hangar menu, even though they’re in the same type of weapons. Some hold with what I’ll classify into 4 different sets as Badass, Generic, Boring, and Weird poses. Here are some examples:

• Badass poses

Notable characteristics: Intimidating postures, standing/sitting and pointing guns vertically, squatting and pointing guns up to the side, standing and vertically holding guns at the barrel/muzzle, carrying on the shoulder.
    Examples: Pre-war Kar98k, Mkb42(H), Carcano M41, Baretta M1918, MG34, ZB-26, Sten, Lanchester, Newly added like recent BP weapons, T20, Type Hei Auto, Tokyo Arsenal SMG, Type 99 Rifle (early)/with AT Launcher, Type 100 MG, etc.

• Generic poses

Notable characteristics: Normally look, standing/squatting and holding guns at the chest, standing and pointing the guns down/behind/slightly up, one left hand holding the guns.
    Examples: The majority of normal tech tree guns use this set like Kar98k, STG44, FG42, Baretta M38A, SMLE Mk III, M1 Garand, Type 38 Rifle, Type 97 Sniper, PPS42, etc.

• Boring poses

Notable Characteristics: Has one posture, only standing still and holding guns with the right hand, only standing/squatting and holding guns at the chest.
    Examples:
    Only standing still and holding guns with the right hand/squatting and holding guns at the chest - Rifles with AT Launcher, M2 Carbine, FG42 II, Carcano Mod.38, Type 99 Sniper, MP35, Baretta M38A (40 rounds), Lee-Enfield No.4, M1917 Enfield, M3A1 SMG, PPS42 (red) etc.
    Only standing/squatting and holding guns at the chest - Type 100 SMG (early), M3 SMG.

• Weird poses

Soldiers using MG15, Conders MG, and Gewehr98 Wartime will squat in the position they aren’t supposed to.

A soldier at the 5th position, if they equip weapons that use a Badass poses set will distance themselves from the center point, making the overall picture look asymmetrically imbalanced.

A soldier will back to the center point if they equip weapons that use a Generic poses set.

From all of these examples, I want to point out that it’d be great if weapons of the same type share the same amount of available postures that soldiers holding their weapons depending on the gun’s size and position they are standing/squatting/sitting in the Hangar and players can select what weapon holding posture they want the soldier to pose via a button in the Hangar menu, creating an opportunity for players to customize their Hangar with to best-looking soldiers carrying their best weapons before going to the battlefield.

Other bugs I’ve found related to the Hangar and outfit customization. Please fix it whenever you can.

• A soldier’s pose in the squad window is mismatched when individually inspecting them, which wasn’t the case in several patches ago.

Squad window

Individually inspect the soldier, the pose is not the same

• When entering the Practice Range, the squad will not wear outfits that currently show in the Hangar, instead, they show up with outfits equipped in the default campaign that came when purchasing them, which wasn’t the case in several patches ago.

In the Hangar, Battle of Stalingrad/Rzhev outfits

In the Practice Range, Battle of Berlin outfits (default)

Thank you for reading, I hope to see you guys’ feedback about this too.

13 Likes

you can change the poses in the hangar.

but you’ll have to be good with the editor:

with that being said,
best of luck.

it’s not related to the hangar, but the mission it self. developers forgot to include all customization preset inside the briefing of the tutorial.blk

but yes. it is annoying.
( as well as the part where the soldier in the meny has certain items, and when going in a battle, they will totally have different outfits. which happened alot with my volkssturm squads. and they mismatch because i cant’ buy the item that he should have already. that, it’s totally on devs )

1 Like

Where do I have to look at specifically? All I need at the moment is just want to add more poses to the Boring poses sets and fix the Weirdly positioning of the soldiers that were shown in the examples, thanks!

I was thinking about this the other day. They have a really good pose in the appearance tab but not in the in-game menu screen. Could be a really nice change.

1 Like

in order to look at various poses,

you can check this thread

which it’s how you can create soldiers, and at the same time, how to dress them up, and give them which weapons.

how to place customizable soldiers,

how to dress up the customizable soldiers:

how to give them weapons;

and last but not least,
“all” type of animations

( even though, you can use customizable animchar, and tweak the numbers inside the animation, and then hit the box " dir ". keep in mind, those animations will not be saved.

1 Like

Thank you, will try figure it out. Still hope these will become a feature someday.

Waiting 100+ days for these amazing poses to be fixed

2 Likes

They look sad…