Make FG 42-2 600 RPM and FG 42 900 RPM

I came across some interesting information that the FG 42-2 allegedly had a rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute, in this thread:

I decided to focus on this part. This can be done faster than anything else.
I would like to note that both competitors of the FG42-2 are noticeably inferior to it in terms of rate of fire, especially the AVT-40:

The presence of a cuirass does not matter. Since the US does not have a cuirass
I suggest considering the possibility of reducing the rate of fire of the FG 42-2 and its sniper version to 600 rounds per minute. Well, and give it autofire by default. The weapon will be much more convenient to use, but will not stand out too much from its competitors.
I also suggest increasing the FG 42’s rate of fire to 900 rounds per minute, but leaving the semi-automatic mode by default. It doesn’t shoot very well in automatic mode anyway, so it’s better to have the semi-automatic mode by default, even with the current rate of fire, this is the best option. However, if necessary, the weapon will be incredibly strong in close combat.
As a result, we will get a simple and versatile weapon + a powerful, but difficult to use weapon.
It’s historically accurate. And it adds variety to the game.
And in the future it will be possible to add the G.43 Selbstlader as a new BR 5 self-loading rifle

11 Likes

it will.be nice to get 2 different weapons instead fg42 and cooler fg42 like in meme

3 Likes

Same logic should apply to MG34 and MG42.

There were versions of the MG34 with a much slower rate of fire - while the Mg42 shoots way too slow in this game.

2 Likes

All guns should have their IRL RoF regardless of any and all “balancing” bullcrap

4 Likes

Were they ? I knew of variants which fired significantly faster in fact they could fire up to 1700 rounds per minute (MG 34 S) but never heard of variants that fired faster

2 Likes

In this video it’s exactly 600. If I’m not mistaken of course.

1 Like

Yes, I’m just providing some prove for u.

1 Like

Regular infantry versions are pretty well depicted in game, but I am pretty sure at least early versions had a fire rate adjustment system, 600 rpm doesn’t sound unrealistic to me - I have to double check though…

OK now that you said this it reminded me somebody did post to forum images of an early MG 34 which had fire rate control system like we see in bars imma try to find the image again and repost it here

2 Likes

This is all based on a loose claim that it had a different fire rate. We are yet to see any real evidence.
Even with full-auto the FG42 II is still the weakest SF rifle out of the 4 competitors (AVT, T20, FG42II, Type Hei Auto).
Both FG42s have their hidden stats crazy overnerfed compered to other BR5 rifles, those should be similar as other SFs. Its not even a buff just a de-nerf.
If DF changes the gun, than at least it should make a proper job.

1 Like

Dont know mate, but for me:

Type Hei > T20 = FG42 > AVT

5 Likes

Agree, 15 rounds in mag is huge disadvantage for me.

2 Likes

you should be ashamed to write this.

Imo.

not JUST nerf the Fgs.

Nerf ALL SF rifles.

Hei? waaaay more recoil, lowered rof
T20? WAY more recoil
fgs? reduced rof (like proposed nerf in OP)
AVT40 much, much higer recoil.

boom. SF rifles are a bit less meta, for all factions.

7 Likes

The thing is, select fire rifles are not “better” than assaulter weapons - which is why BR V is the only BR where all types of squads are effective unlike BR1 - BR4 where only SMGs with a couple of exceptions are meta.

I don’t think FG style weapons deserve a nerf - rather semi autos deserve buffs.

The jump from BR4 assaulter weapons to BR5 assaulter weapons is noticable - the jump from semi autos to full auto battle rifles is 10 times as impactful.

1 Like

I think SF rifles need nerf meanwhile semi rifles need buff in form of removing the super annoying dispersion penalty when moving.

Why I believe SF Rifle are in need of nerf? Because in some cases it’s way more effective to take riflemen squad of 9 people all equipped with SF rifles instead of assaulted squad of 7 people. Mainly in context of US and Japanese faction.

2 Likes

maybe true

I dont think that is the case after few research I found the post its from Tabbot anyway
First thing first I dont thing MG 34 had slower fire rate but had fire rate adjust system like in bar where there you can switch between auto and auto slow
“The early versions were fitted with adjustable rate reducers in the grips allowing firing from 400 to 900 rounds per minute, and also had an option for a top cover which would fit a 75-round double drum magazine. Both of these features were rather quickly discarded, however in the interest of more efficient production. However, the gun fulfilled its universal role remarkably well.”
this is from MG-34: The Universal Machine Gun Concept which is article written by Gun Jesus
And these images are from Tabbot which he says that he found in a Russian forum

5 Likes

Hey, that’s me!

I’ll repost this again because it’s relevant, but this primary source straight from the German Bundesarchiv indicates that in testing the FG-42 had a cyclic rate of 13-14 shots per second (780-840rpm). In contrast, the book " The German Assault Rifle: 1935-1945" by Peter Senich which makes the 900rpm and 600rpm for the early and late FG-42s respectively is a secondary source.

Imgur

Either way, like I’ve mentioned, RoF seems to be a pliable stat to the developers, but they have sources to pick and choose to differentiate rates of fire for these two weapons.

Bundesarchiv document:
https://invenio.bundesarchiv.de/invenio/direktlink/c1d7fecd-8ec3-4c26-9c32-bee053f08968/

The German Assault Rifle: 1935-1945 by Peter Senich:

3 Likes