Losing motivation to play for the German faction

Have you ever seen footage of PPD and PPSh being shot? Look on youtubes - recoil is minimal. With a bit of training, you could keep them pretty accurate. So this isn’t far from the truth.

I agree with your main point tho, and I don’t play German side anymore. Not sure why exactly. Yeah, too gray uniforms are not pleasant, but help in combat. But mostly, because I dislike them historically, probably lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll take some in my M1 helmet. Though I’m Canadian so it should technically be a Brodie/Tommy helmet but meh, I mostly play in the Normandy campaign and Tunisia isn’t out yet.

(I accidentally had previously sent this comment to the wrong person, which is why I deleted the other one, derp. Funny thought, though, an Allied and Axis soldier eating popcorn out of their helmets whilst watching entertainment.)

1 Like

About which stuff are you talking? If wou are talking about Seleucid phalanx and Theban hoplites then yeah, they are “artistical impressions”.

But please, give me a photo of Hellenistic Cataphrachts of Antiochus lll the Great charging Roman legions at Magnesia, I will be forever grateful. I was always interested in which color was Greek tunic and Lintorax at that time…

If you are talking about photo age, their books are full of pictures. I didn’t notice they are using photoshop, even for colorisation.

I have a foggy memory of my half drunk father shooting a PPSh in the air during Croatian war of Independence. He and it were not stable at all :rofl:

If they had the same for good ideas on the forum I wold be a millionaire :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not sure why op is complaining. I’m max level in Normandy already. The only problems I agree with are the uniforms and the gun fire rates. One complaint of mine is how monotonous some sound effects are, such as artillery strikes, and certain guns that sound exactly the same even though they’re different. Mg34 sounds the same as a russian tank Mg. Springfield sounds the same as a Mosin nagant

Then squad mode is probably where you should stay, but let us “hardcore pro players” have our peace in our Lone Fighter mode. Remove the bots from Lone Fighter, its absolutely disgusting how they even try to imitate real player names.

1 Like

That’s where I am in fact, and nowhere am I suggesting to remove lone fighters mode.

You dont have enough players for your fancy mode.

1 Like

We would if it wasn’t infested with bots.

1 Like

So players stay away because there are bots, and bots are there because players stay away.
:arrows_counterclockwise:

2 Likes

Pretty much, its a vicious cycle.
The playerbase itself diminished a lot and those that are still there stick to squads, either because they’re casual players or to ease the grind, or because they stay away from the bots in LF.

1 Like

PPD 34 (box) and other PPDs are one of the guns that requires bunch of fixes including wider shot deviation, less amount of ammo that one man can carry with it so player is not encouraged to shoot with it for very long time,or maybe adding more malfunctions to the gun and recoil. It wasnt that perfect and you know it.

Why russian players plays with it flawlessly and when i will pick the gun from the floor , the gun is damaged and behaves like bugged ? Ofc its not problem only with this gun. Though once you have much ammo in a gun that shoots very realistic laser beams, you really dont care about how much you shoot on what distances. You dont even have to think about aiming anymore. really dont enjoy moscow campaign as axis where nearly everyone has this gun because its in many situations and at various ranges gun that wins ? i have no need to win everytime but maan… Even flamethrower is bugged and doesnt work quickly enough in close range combat against it. though its OBT so there is much time for fixes i think…

On forum ive read replies bout how much are axis armies OP…fine lets give germans horse cavalry instead of tanks , german soldiers should walk barefoot everywhere while taking attrition damage from the cold snowy ground so russian guy has it more easy to play …Dont get me wrong, playing as allies in moscow is also fun in its own way at least for me. But that smg needs some rework. Balancing is neverending story.

Also golden astra lux pistol for soviets during twitch event ? A GOLDEN pistol carried by soviet soldier during stalin era where were poverty and food shortages common ? Guy with such valuable item in hand would have been eaten to the bone quite quickly as soon as they noticed him. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, playing the Germans doesn’t mean that you win 118% of the time? I’ve heard that sort of stuff for years when playing War Thunder.
And that’s just a player skill issue. In WT, the Panzer IVs, Tiger and Panther are by far the best tanks in their rank, but every wehraboo out there complains about how they’re garbage because they sometimes get killed.

It’s the same thing in Enlisted. German SMGs have a slower ROF than the PPD? 1) that’s a fact, Soviet SMGs had a higher rate of fire in real life and 2) it makes them more controllable, and they allow the player to occupy the field for a longer time.
Then, German machine guns are MUCH better than Soviet ones. Have you tried playing with the Madsen?
Finally, German rifle sights are easier to use, once again, because Mauser pattern rifles had better sights than Mosin pattern ones IRL.

Then, let’s talk about uniforms. Camouflage uniforms appeared after the battle for Moscow. But yeah, Normandy Germans need more camouflage ponchos and suits.

And then, you’re entirely right about the battle of Berlin, it would have been great to see more late war weapons there, and we finally just get Kriegsmodell Kar98Ks and old French rifles.

4 Likes

once there will be a premium squad of russian soldiers equipped with stolen Stg 44 aka future AK-47, i think i will consider uninstaling as well :smiley: but its just OBT and the guys are working quite hard i think so no uninstaling in future :slight_smile:

The PPD is generally better than the MPs the german side has anyway, 7.62x25 is a offensive round very controllable for an SMG round, 9x19 Parabellum is a defensive round with weak armor penetration capabilities and low muzzle velocity compared with 7.62x25, which is a much better round at ranges up to 100m whereas 9mm struggles to be accurate at 50 meters out.
7.62x25 also has much better flatness to its trajectory and a much higher kinetic impact and effect on human tissue than WW2 9x19 Parabellum.

Contrary to popular belief, 9x19mm Parabellum isn’t so popular today because it’s “better than 7.62x25” which it never was, but because for today’s priority being home defense 9mm wouldnt punch a hole through 2 guys and then possibly through your wife and the wall behind her and into your sleeping children.

2 Likes

Yeah, 7.62x25 is a mean little round, it pierces most modern infantry helmets that can stop 9x19. Plus, German WW2 era 9mm Parabellum is weaker than the rounds made today, as a modern 9x19 round could damage the action of a Luger or Walther handgun.

And then, the Germans have, instead, the MG34, the first modern type general purpose machine gun, that they adopted when every other country had box magazine-fed LMGs. Every camp gets its better-than-average weapon!

1 Like

First time playing Berlin, and played as Germany:

Doing better with the starter squads and the fucking volksturmgewehr on a map I’m completely unfamiliar with and having over twice the points of 75% of my braindead teammates.
But German mains are still going to make the claim that the players have nothing to do with it.

Also 90% sure there’s a few bots in the top 50% above real players

4 Likes

They should remove Lone fighters because its against the core uniqueness of the game.

6 Likes

i wish there would a German Forum :´( i dont understand the half but it all sounds funny
DEUTSCH WIR BRAUCHEN DEUTSCH FORUM!

1 Like