Japan just needs any new content

No more paper design power creep pls
Japan surely could use a ton of more aircraft types though, it’s very light on those

Otherwise game should instead focus on filling out sidegrades for mid tier things and possibly even doing more strict equipment matching

My dream is each map becomes its micro campaign and only had select weapons available for the time period and you just make a lineup for each and have to queue for everything at random

1 Like

I would love to see a “Filler” major update. No new classes or mechanics or overhauls, but instead a bunch of low and mid tier vehicles and weapons in addition to a couple new maps. Pair that with much desired BR changes for a lot of weapons and vehicles and you get an update with a lot of content despite only having to make a couple new maps due to there being so many unused weapons and vehicles sitting in the editor.

4 Likes

They have many options, such as the 70 mm Mortars (BR IV) and the 81 mm Mortars (BR V), but they chose not to add them and the US M1 81 mm Mortar to the American tech tree. The link lets you see their other options by going through the MGs.

Japanese-Infantry-Weapons.pdf (bulletpicker.com)

Edit: I have many pdfs of these types of documents if you would like to see more.

3 Likes

Not only Japan US and UK also devs must focus finishing all the 4 faction then add more stuff to USSR and Germany … and every update is more stuff to Germany and USSR… they better remove Japan and US/UK and leave only GE and USSR at this point…

3 Likes

Next update we just get a shot gun that copy paste yeah …

2 Likes

Depends on the weapon category in question, least regarding MGs they’d be fine. See:

and also

Everyone probably has the assault rifle question on their mind, but the 6.5x30 Model 2 should do fine in that regard, if .30 carbine is good enough for the US something similar will be fine for Japan.
FBvIeSEVcAIVQ4W
(Lets see how many people will just copy the image again without reading the text, this is the previous interpretation of the 6.5 gun by Morio, note the mag most likely would not have had the “leg” extension and also the Type 99 style monopod is still missing in this one, still a neat image.)
Image from this tweet in which he also talks a bit about the gun (and gets corrected regarding the lacking monopod in a reply).
The second interpretation would be more accurate in my opinion (y’know the one thats been reposted everywhere).

5 Likes

They can also give Japan Mengjiang SIG Model 1930 :

SIG MKMO 1930

Will be nice BR V SMG

2 Likes

my blessed emperor your fellow follower nammed you in this post as well

2 Likes

sadly lately there is no much content for Japan and don’t think there will be anytime soon I can make another post cuz i have now even better setup but I’m a bit burned out

just like your name huh? i see (get it? cause burn out, life burn? heh)

1 Like

dont give up,I told about the double barrel type 100 one year ago, I spoke about Murata and about shotguns and one is in and other is coming, have fait, we wont surrender

1 Like

I really need to buy some Muratas xD

hahah yes xD

1 Like

Thailand could be an interesting sub-faction. You’d have the Type 46 and Type 66 Siamese Mausers (Type 66 might kinda suck though, since it was chambered for .30 carbine). FN Model 1903 Hammerless Pistols. ZH-29 semi-auto rifles. Type 66 Madsens. Vickers 6-Ton tanks (basically the same thing as the T-26, just with different armaments). Curtiss BF2C Goshawk CAS biplanes. Curtiss P-36 Hawk Fighter planes. Etc.

It would be a lot of repeats from other Tech Trees, so I can understand why some might be apprehensive, but it would also help round out the Japanese tree.

They also had some interesting uniforms

IMG_7050
IMG_7051

1 Like

well i dont mind having my country being made up of already exist stuff since it not really that interesting at least i could feel patriotic tho (that why i bought the thai camo ha go since it unique to me)

2 Likes

for a boltie its decent!

1 Like

Interesting you mention this since I made a post about Forgotten Conflicts in which among others I proposed the Franco-Thai War.

It was interesting since France kind of went from colonial France to Vichy France (so Axis) in allegiance, likewise Thailand had a variety of Allied (especially American) and Japanese tech and was fighting for independence plus technically allied to Japan so Axis.

I do strongly believe that one more faction of France-Poland-Belgium-Netherlands should be added to the game. You can see my post about that.

But in this way with your idea we would have Thailand as an option within Japan for squads, maps and weapons.
So Japan could fight the new French faction in Thailand/Indochina for that war, or as Dutch VS Japan in the Dutch East Indies (alongside Australian and American squads where applicable).

Just to clarify the France-Poland-BENE faction would be all Allies (Vichy would be some squads under Axis) so Franco-Thai War would be France (Allies) VS Thailand (Axis)

In short I like your idea, it would add at least some variety and although there would be USA tech, most of it wouldnt actually be copy paste since we havent got it yet.

I’ve always wanted the scoped versions of the Type 96 and Type 99. It would be even better if they got to keep their bayonets, as Japan is pretty much the only country to regularly put scopes and bayonets on their LMGs during the war. Since the Soviets and Germans get scoped versions of things like the AVS-36, FG-42, MKb-42, and StG-44, and Japan already has a scoped LMG, I don’t think it would be too much to ask for a scoped Type 96 and Type 99.

2 Likes

Agreed. There are numerous aircraft that could be added. More Zero variants like the A6M3 mod. 22Ko or A6M5 (at least one variant with the type 99 mk 2 guns would be nice so we could get improved gun performance), Ki-44 Shoki, Ki-100, Ki-109 as a sort of Japanese equivalent for the Hs129 B-3. One that I’ve really wanted for a while is a B7A2 with the 800KG bomb as an attacker. Obviously this would be bigger than any other bomb in game right now, but if there’s any nation in game that needs that kind of thing for balance, it’s definitely Japan.

As far as maps go, I would love to see maps for Peleliu, Iwo Jima, the Philippines, and Okinawa. I especially think a D-Day style map on Iwo Jima would be awesome, with the Americans starting on the beach and the Japanese all around them. The unique volcanic soil would make the map very visually distinctive, and they could even try to implement some realistic effects with it, like making it harder to dig or build on as a detriment for the Americans, and making it reduce the effectiveness of explosives as a detriment to the Japanese.

1 Like

The Aleutian Islands campaign and Wake Island would also make good maps. Wake Island would be a cool standalone map with American defenders, and it would be really interesting if they had lots of strong defensive positions but were either not able to use tanks at all or could only deploy them one at a time while the Japanese had access to more of them. I would love to see the devs experiment with that kind of thing on a map like that and then potentially see it added to other maps.

1 Like