Type 100 MG accuracy (or lack thereof)

I certainly moved while shooting, and where not crouching. But still, lol.

But nevertheless.

It’s a great gun.

Upon further testing, it looks like this gun is best used as a superheavy SMG.

No point in trying to snipe or fire short bursts from afar, since bullets just won’t fly straight.

On the other hand, the super clear sight and excellent recoil control make it a very powerful lawn mower at low to medium range.

Compared to what the US have at BR V, I’d say that this stands somewhere below the Browning 1916 but still above the 100 rds Thompson.

Yeah Its weird that they decided to try their coding on a double barrel automatic weapon. Sounds like a stillbirth from the start.
I dont know about Japanese armory but there should be some proto belt weapon with one barrel.

1 Like

I kind of expected this, looking at the thing being literally 2 lmgs DUCKTAPED togheter :laughing:

It’s indeed an amazing suppression tool. But it’s no good for accurate take down at range. There’s still the scoped lmg for that at least :thinking:

3 Likes

lol

I saw that too but it seems it was also only used as gunner weapon and not on the ground like the MG15.

Does it really matter? How many of Japanese tech tree stuff was actually used on battlefield?

Btw. They should have made at least to BR4. Since Japanese literally do not have any BR4 lmg rn.

Same here

You don’t really need to pull any prototypes for high capacity Japanese MGs (even if you could)
they did a bunch of ground conversion for their (and even other nations) aircraft MGs that would work just fine.
Gonna post a few because just constantly linking to that one suggestion post I made gets boring

grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik
beijing_gun2

Sources:

• Ground converted .303 Mk II* Browning: The Browning Machinegun Vol.II by Dolf L. Goldsmith pg. 355
  • Ground converted AN/M2 Browning: The Browning Machinegun Vol.I by Dolf L. Goldsmith pg. 440
  • Vickers (most likely Type 97), Lewis (Type 92) and Type 98 conversions: Japanese Infantry Weapons: CINCPAC – CINCPOA Bulletin No. 55-45 (15 March 1945) pg. 36 & 38
  • Ground converted Type 97: Picture from the Australian War Memorial https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C144664
  • Ground converted Te-4: Beijing Military Museum
7 Likes

both the US and japan should’ve gotten lewis guns (type 92 for japan)

MG’s as a whole “system” need to be entirely reworked; made into something that is actually useful for suppressing fire rather than having your NPC’s walk in front of your while attempting to shoot .

2 Likes

I am a player of War Thunder and I have noticed that the firing rate of the 7.92 mm Type 100 (Type 1) double barrel machine gun, which has been converted to a ground weapon, is incorrect. According to US intelligence reports during the war, the firing rate of this machine gun is stated to be 400-600 rpm, and this data is cited in the English and Russian Wikipedia. However, the actual firing rate should be 1100 rpm for one barrel, totaling 2200 rpm. This data is adopted in WT. The Type 100 and Type 1 machine guns have the same performance except for the stock. Also, the magazine capacity is not 50 rounds (2 x 25 rounds), but 100 rounds (2 x 50 rounds) is correct.

shot_2024.03.27_13.18.27

shot 2024.03.27 13.23.06

Reference: https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/yFOx42Nh96yL

3 Likes

The real RoF should be 900rpm for a single gun, so 1800rpm combined.
“発射速度 九〇〇発/分(片銃)” “Fire rate 900 rounds/min (single gun)”

Source: Pg.355 Japanese Army Aviation Weapons: Development and Evolution of Machine Guns and Cannons (日本陸軍航空武器 機関銃・機関砲の発達と変遷) by Sayama Jiro(佐山二郞)

2 Likes

The ammo in game is correct, it says it is 50 because they treat it like a shotgun, 50 shots of 2 bullets.

Which extremely misleading and confusing. Definitely not a good solution.

Just like its bullets spread.

2 Likes

these numbers are not true, especially the 0.0004. Both bullets have monstrous dispersion on the first shot. You’re in luck if you hit an enemy with that from more than 10m.

I played 2 battles with this, now I’m changing all the guns back to any of the box mag MG’s I have. It wastes obvious kill opportunities, you can spend 20 bullets and see them all fly around the enemy that is so close that you see his face. This is unusable. Waiting for a fix.

1 Like

They should add a small “2x” beside the bullet counter - just like they added a small /32 next to the bullet counter of the MP 40/1 with 2 parallel magazines

1 Like

What do you mean saying “great gun” and showing that astronomical-scale-dispersion in the same post? With the dispersion it currently has, it cannot be called a gun - even a slingshot would be more accurate than this