Introduce Italian/British squads as interim event rewards

People who missed out on unlocking the whole Italian/British researches in the Tunisian campaign before the Merge now don’t have access to some legacy squads like Italian Assaulters or British Flamethrowers (random examples).

In order to make it possible for people to have full Italian/British armies (mainly talking about uniforms now), introduce some of those (or newly added) squads as interim event rewards.

People who don’t want them/don’t care about authentic squads would be able to sell them and get the 10k silver instead.

Obviously, it goes without saying that we also do need the ability to enlist specifically Italian/British soldiers as well, of any rank/tier/class.

If that’s somehow super impossible, focus on adding Italian/British gold order soldiers from now on.

Also we do need standard issue SMLE rifle to be on BR1-2 to be able to play low BR British battles without being sent to high BR hell with Tiger 2 and STG, or even worse fakeland of Hori.

12 Likes

Also let italians wear italian uniforms outside of tunisia. If british can wear their uniforms in guadal canal why cannot the italians wear theirs in moscow and stalingrad?

7 Likes

I just checked customization for premium flametroopers few days ago.

They can buy a green Italian uniform for all campaigns. I have no idea why DF doesn’t just make this green uniform the default uniform for all campaigns outside Tunisia for Italian soldiers (or at least squads, since customization is binded to squads.)

I guess they just do not care.

7 Likes

Yes, DF. WHEN?!?

You guys already have the assets, don’t waste them!

4 Likes

If DF adds default winter clothers for Italian squads, I’m all up for that!

But yellow shorts in snowy Moscow? No, thanks.

9 Likes

I’m not saying they have to necessarily be event squads, but regardless I think we should have the full ensemble of squad types. Hey sometimes I feel like having a British Riflemen squad armed with Lee Enfields. Whatever basic squad types are missing from the British and Italians, they should be added. Perhaps as unlocks in the research tree

1 Like

I have made a few suggestion aimed at improving Italy and Britain

I think these would be a bit more logical than FOMO events.

2 Likes

Well knowing it’s DF, I don’t expect them to add new squads to the research tree.

But maybe a voucher to get any of the legacy squads? Would be nice.

Of course I would also love an ability to just buy legacy squads for silver as well.

2 Likes

Or, we wait a little bit longer and finally get Italy and the Commonwealth as new factions.

Big yes from me, still sad that i didn’t get itallian SMG squad and British sniper squad when it was possible.

P.S. I don’t mind to see SMLE on BR2, but untill it’s happen - Enfield P14 is kinda used by British too in WW2

1 Like

But it isnt as fun to use as smle. It reloads and fires slower + no bayonet