Improving Italy and Britain

Bajtársaim and fellow forum dwellers

I believe that the pros of having Britain and US in the same faction as well as having Germany and Italy in the same faction far outweigh the cons.
Equipment was not bound to just one nation, Thompson smg, Sherman tanks, Sten smg, Mp40, Panzer IVs, Beretta 38 ect were used by many nations on both sides of the war.

If we divided every nation into its own faction we would recreate the illogical progression system we had before the merge.
Besides, if we add all prototypes just to fill the progression, what will be left for premiums, events or BP? It’s in Darkflow´s best interest not to atomise.
so instead of introducing more factions to the game, existing factions should be improved and reworked.

My suggestion would be:

rename German faction to European Axis
rename US faction to Western Allies

Add squad customization and allow players to change the nationality of their squads:
changing nationality of the squad should

• change voice lines of the squad
  • change the soldiers names
  • change their appearance

I wish we could keep soldier nationality but that could be too complicated and too rigid.

callsign orders should grant us the ability to set all the possible names of the soldier (for Axis both his Italian and German name), callsign and face.
Since Italians have their own faces, it would be nice if we could set the face of the soldiers, that function needs rework anyway.

Introduce faction exclusive weapons and vehicles

all factions should have some equipment specific to them, VG1-5 should be only available to German squads, Only British crew should operate Crusader tanks etc.
Faction exclusive weapons should be separated from the mainline of progression, unlocking them being fully optional like foldered weapons.
This way new instruments of war would not further bloat progression.

Italians should appear as volunteers in post ´43 campaigns (except RSI units)
American soldiers should appear as volunteers in pre-1941 campaigns (if any of those ever get added).

P.S.: please add P26/40 and Comet tanks

Cheers

12 Likes

I say YES !

This is some really good proposition. I want both the British and Italians to be better represented while still remaining into the same faction as the US/Germany.

4 Likes

And free Matildas, Churchills, Firefly, Valentine, Cromwell. They went too greedy with premiums. Even WT is not that greedy.

aces_DYvZNPZbtG
aces_4SNrK0CsLS

Semovente 105mm would also be cool at low BR along with P40. Althrough 75mm could be at BR3 since it has much higher pen like long barreled PZ4

6 Likes

I also suggested some sort of British tank with apds like the comet, or challenger to be added to deal with the heavier armor. I especially think that these tanks should be free and the Achilles should’ve been a free Tech Tree vehicle in the first place

3 Likes

They could have nation specific trees within the Axis team(and Allies), basically A German squad and tech tree on top then Italian squad/tech, and hopefully later on Romanian & Hungarian perhaps. For weapons already unlocked just add a squad bar to unlock for the nation specific squad.

2 Likes

indeed, introducing nations to already existing factions is much easier than building it from the ground up. DF could release some premiums first to finance the nation than introduce the nation in progression and events.

1 Like