Introduce "Even Fight" events based on original Campaigns

Remember Even Fight events where we were given premade squads and were playing for a random faction?

Personally I think that was one of the best Enlisted experiences, even before we got the Merge, BRs and “play any faction” option.

It would be great to see these events come back, but now with a flair of the old Campaigns, and to have a way to play the game without excessive prototypes/time travelles/misplaced gear.

For example:

1. Berlin Even Fight

USSR squad A
3x PPS-43
2x SVT-40
2x Mosin 1944
1x Mosin Sniper

USSR squad B
2x PPSh-41 box
2x SVT-40
2x DP-27
1x Panzerfaust

USSR squad C
T-34-85

USSR squad D
IS-2

USSR squad E
IL-10

Germany squad A
2x MP-40
1x STG
2x G-43
2x VG-2
1x K98 sniper

Germany squad B
1x MP-3008
1x FG-42
1x G-43
1x K98 Kriegsmodel
2x MG-34
1x Panzerfaust

Germany squad C
Pz IV H

Germany squad D
Tiger H1

Germany squad E
Me 410

2. Moscow Even Fight

USSR squad A
1x PPSh-41 drum
1x PPD-34
1x SVT-38
1x DP-27
4x Mosin

Germany squad A
2x MP-40
1x MP-35
1x MG-35
4x K98

3. Pacific Even Fight

USA squad A
2x Thompson 30 rounds
2x Garand
2x M1903
1x Browning M1919
1x Mortar

USA squad B
2x BAR
1x Flamethrower
1x Garand
1x M1903 sniper

USA squad C
M3 Stuart

Japan squad A
3x Type 100 late
3x Arisaka Type 38
1x Type 96 LMG
1x Mortar

Japan squad B
2x Type 11 LMG
1x Flamethrower
2x Arisaka sniper

Japan squad C
Chi-Ha

1. Tunisia Even Fight

Britain squad A
2x Sten
1x Lewis gun
4x Lee-Enfield
1x Lee-Enfield sniper

Britain squad B
2x Sten
1x Bren
4x Lee-Enfield
1x Mortar

Britain squad C
Crusader

Britain squad D
Spitfire

Italy squad A
2x Beretta M38
1x Breda LMG
4x Carcano
1x Carcano sniper

Italy squad B
2x Beretta M38
1x Breda LMG
4x Carcano
1x Mortar

Italy squad C
Semovente

Italy squad D
Re 2001 CN

Disclaimer: all of these squad presets are for demonstration purposes only off the top of my head, they can be tweaked back and forth to achieve balance, there is no intention to make any of the factions suffer.

TLDR: an event or series of events with premade squads based on historical battles/original campaigns could open up some awesome gaming experiences:

• exclusion of obnoxious prototypes and fakes currently dominating high BR (AS, RD, AF, T20, AutoHei, HoRi, Tokyo, etc.)

• exclusion of time travelling and fronts travelling gear (Puma from 1944 not appearing in early war maps, yellow Italian tanks not appearing at the Battle of the Bulge, Crusader tanks not appearing in the Pacific, etc.)

• allowing weapons that were historically used in said battles but can’t appear there now due to BR restrictions (PPSh-41 drum and SVT-40 in Moscow, etc.)

• allowing the revival of the original Campaigns feeling (remember Berlin without AS and RD?) but even improved (Normandy D-day without Jumbo or M2 Carbine, Stalingrad without time travelling PPS-43 or MKB-42)

• allowing Britain/Italy enjoyers to play with their factions even if they missed out on getting those squads and soldiers pre-merge

• potentially allowing very asymmetrical balance for events like Kursk (e.g. one BR4 Panther for Germany vs two BR4 KV-1 ZiS or three BR3 T-34-76 allowed) without breaking history and bringing BR4 T-34-85 from the future

• potentially allowing players to play with iconic yet premium-locked gear like Chi-Ha, Sherman Firefly or Churchill

• you don’t have to play it if you don’t like it, it’s an event

7 Likes

Why are you keep referring MG38? Isn’t that HMG?

5 squads = loadout of 2 assaulters + 2 tank + 1 plane

Bad event to play :-1:

Please read the disclaimer.

The squads composition provided is fully random.

3 Likes

Do I get medal or silver from this? Cause if so then sure I don’t mind. (Pretty sure old event used to give medal for like 10% or something before)

Yep Old ranked event usually gived you medal

That good I think I got a couple of them too bad you can’t display them tho

giphy (6)
Worst “Even” Fighter Mode since campaigns.

Sure, some decals and orders and stuff.

Or personally I would even play that without extra incentive.

Because?

MP40 vs PPSh Drum.
T-34-85 vs. Panzer IV
M1919 vs. Type 96
Crusader vs. Semo
Semi-Autos vs. Bolt-Action
Tiger H1 vs. IS-2
StG and FG42 (squad placement of FG42 also makes no sense) vs PPS43, PPSh41 Box and SVT

Read the disclaimer.
The gear is random.
The gist is the concept.

So it is not even even by its nature.
Awful name, worse event.

The concept is premade armies with similarly powered squads using non-fake gear.

what if - instead - during thematic events, one of the 5 BRs is getting promoted to have ±0 BR at that time?

so that, for example during a Stalingrad event, more BR3 would get played and more Stalingrad maps would appear - or during a invasion of Normandy event more BR4 would get played.

Of course this could shake the matchmaker a bit, but its only events for a limited time…

But I just want to play one STG in Berlin without facing fake AS/RD, or one Tommy 50 rounds without fighting against AutoHei and Hori.

Similarly, would love Stalingrad to not have time travelling Puma, Pz IV J or PPS-43.

BR ±0 is not a bad thing to suggest but I don’t think it would reach the goal I’m trying to set here

well talking about Stalingrad specifically, in my mind it should be just like Moscow an early war map, heck, the fighting was done in early 1943, so 1942 would still be basically BR2 timeline

Absolutely. Remove BR 4-5 from Stalingrad :slight_smile:

But also the thing is, BR2’s PPS or Puma also didn’t exist/wasn’t used during Stalingrad.

I don’t understand all this discourse about anachronistic equipment. Just play the game.

If you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean others don’t understand it, does it?