Introduce "Even Fight" events based on original Campaigns

So if you don’t care… why you care about other people’s care?

About topic - yea.
Also something like that should be done as template for custom games.

1 Like

Fair enough, I just think it’s a weird thing to care about. I’d rather the game be fun than historically accurate

Could make it an alternative gamemode, like Realistic Battles in WT

Well that’s what I mention in TLDR:

And it’s not fun for me when it’s blatantly historically inaccurate, to the point of AS-44 in Stalingrad or M8 Greyhound covered in palm leaves fighting at the Battle of the Bulge against yellow Italian armored car.

2 Likes

IMO the idea itself is very good and the squad compositions seem overall reasonable but they could be historically more accurate.

In Moscow for example:
1x SMG per squad
1x MG per squad
Rest are bolt-actions

Conscript and Kampfgruppe squads are exceptions because of their ad hoc nature.

Engineer and flamethrower squads have some semi-auto rifles.

Captured weapons were common on the easterm front, I would especially like to see conscript squads with lend-leased and captured equipment.

Balance could be further tweaked if we selected the most matching vehicles in terms of power.
Like Pz38(t) fighting Bt-7 in Moscow.

2 Likes

i’ll start by saying that i don’t disagree with the premise of the suggestion.

however…
for the 2355634346345234th time.

you can make them through the mods editor.
and you still refuse to make them.

let me explain.

usually, the way it works, if you want to suggest something, you provide numbers on why should be a thing.

other than " i / me me me want x or y".

because you have all tools available to make what you chant so much for.

matter of fact, since our last conversation, 6 new ( that is, are active and did actually produced something ) modders joined and started from 0.

yet you in 4 months just kept making roughly the same threads asking for the same thing over and over while getting the same results.

dont get me wrong, i do understand not everyone has time.
but the same goes for most of us modders too.
piece by piece every once in a while, allows us to make most of the things that we like. don’t know something? just ask.
i’ll be the first one to admit that the editor can be complex. but for what you are up to set, it’s the easiest thing you can do with the editor.
and you literally have guides.

yet, all everyone can see you doing, is argue back and forth with others that don’t understand ( or to be honest, don’t want to understand )

not to get into personal and needles fights, but you can do what you actually are looking for yet you keep refusing.

which you could then set up with various ha communities, gain some reputation and gain numbers to back up what you are looking for, and then try to implement what you actually wants .

because to this day, i have yet to see who wants what you actually ask for.

and as i stated multiple times, i would like too HA in enlisted. but only through PVEs.

which you don’t see me spamming threads after threads asking for pves.
because i’m actively working to make them, host them, and then eventually judge if it’s worth a suggestion based on the traction that i will eventually get.

so, for the love of god, start using that keyboard and mouse properly please;
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/pages/mod_howto/

you can even literally just copy and paste missions from the official blk:

you have no excuses.

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying and applaud your passion.

Trust me when I say I’m not scared of modding, I have been modding games since 2006 (FIFA07 and GTA SA).

I just wish for a 10v10 human players normal MM environment, not custom games waiting for the lobby to fill, starting the match each time anew, just to see that the lobby creater chose “US vs USSR mixed battles”.

4 Likes

I wanted to play HA customs too, but slowly realised that it would not reach enough people.
HA events during weekends, long weekends and holidays could be a thing like the April fools events.

personally I wanna see a conscript all PPSH squad, balance it with no grenades or mines.

When they will change hammer to machine. Only then your point will right.

The main idea is to reimagine the way Berlin/Normandy/Pacific top tier can be played, without the prototypes meta of AS/RD/AF/T20/AutoHei/HoRi.

Maybe even mixing serveral BRs together could be tested?

For example, the Pacific could have standard issue small arms on the ground (Tommy, Type 100, Arisaka, Garand, BAR, Type 11 – balanced in a way that the average firepower of each squad would be somewhat equal), while in the air could be dominated by high BR planes like Corsair vs Ki-84, etc., but without T20 vs AutoHei spam.

Or Volkssturm weapons could get a new life in Berlin Event – let’s say low BR small arms like MP-3008, VG-2 and K98 Kriegsmodell with a single STG officer would be matched against Mosin 1944 and PPS-42/43 with a single PPSh-41 officer (balanced by weapon quantities within squads) + high tier tanks (T-34-85, IS-2, Panther, Tiger), which would recreate the actual state of the Battle of Berlin much closer than imaginary AS and RD spam without any PPS or MP-40.

1 Like