Improving the recoil calculation formula

And how this change translated in longer distances too, right now full auto weapons are getting over-matched by bolt-actions because of the random dispersion.

1 Like

MG15 in particular, the dispersion is a hilariously bad

3 Likes

Wonder when you can give us the real recoil data of guns. For example, AVT-40 has 87 Vertical Recoil, but it feels the same as DP-27. DP-27 only has 41 Vertical Recoil.

1 Like

there are real recoil data in the resource thing too bad i dont have the link tho im sure Euthy will appear soon

1 Like
1 Like

This a thing that’s in a effect now if so great but if this coming to Rzhev update why?

They are just removing the “Random” recoil pattern but dispersion remains the same

1 Like

It’s later, not with the rzhev update

4 Likes

Okay thx👍

any updates on the bonus for joining any faction?

1 Like

another step towards simplifying the game for CoD players. Because after all, a machine gun is meant to run with it and shoot like rambo.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As they should? What are you asking for?

for those few defending the nonsensical, old dispersion mechanism:
it leads to effects like your bolt action missing a target 1 m in front of you due to the randomness.
this alone disqualifies the whole random factor system as nonsense.
also the “reasons” that it would make weapons more “challenging to learn” is straight up wrong; randomness doesnt make weapons more challenging to learn, it makes impossible to learn them completely because the randomness layer is not learnable. that shows the people who introduced this never really understood shooting games.

overall, a long overdue improvement by removing that whole thing.

edit: add dispersion stats, tank reload/fire rate and ammunition stats to the weapons/vehicle stat sheets. the game looks unnecessary low quality with important data like that missing; also goes against the games goal of creating a realistic HA atmosphere.

7 Likes

Those are fake stats
AVT-40 has 22 vertical
DP-27 has 37 vertical

Here, take a look at it yourself
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/13SXNYOfbfhFHYQ-DTNpLzTDtYdPaz0f-M4W3HyxKcxg/htmlview#

2 Likes

This is a wonderful change, good job!

1 Like

Holy shit, how did we not know this existed in the first place?

Data miners - I am disappointed in you.

Random recoil stats lol…

4 Likes

@Euthymia07 wont this change just increase the skill ceiling even more? i dont think the average player wants to put in the time to memorize recoil patterns like this game is Rust or CSGO

1 Like

@Euthymia07 additionally, darkflow needs to stop with the misleading stats, i cannot see a single good reason why guns need this “hidden recoil multiplier”, get rid of it and adjust the recoil stats to be more transparent in game

4 Likes

Is inside a old devblog of September 21

1 Like