Improving the recoil calculation formula

In one of the future “Making Enlisted a Better Place” updates, the recoil of all firearms will become more predictable. We’ll explain how it works now and what will change.

ABOUT RECOIL AND DISPERSION IN DETAIL

The recoil and dispersion mechanics in Enlisted aim to replicate the real behavior of firearms, this includes calculating the dispersion of each individual bullet and the recoil pattern of automatic weapons, as well as a formula that introduces randomness into the recoil pattern.

These factors are responsible for simulating the design and operational characteristics of weapons.

Bullet dispersion is caused by imperfections in the weapon’s mechanism and the basic laws of physics - a long-barreled bolt-action rifle can fire a single bullet much more accurately than a submachine gun with a shorter barrel with lots of moving components.

The recoil pattern is different for every automatic weapon and unique to each model. Even under the influence of a number of random factors, multiple continuous bursts fired from a machine gun or assault rifle will create similar hit patterns on the target. This pattern is affected by the momentum of each shot, the movement and impact of the bolt and other components, the direction of the released gases, and even your soldier’s desire to control the recoil.

In addition to the two factors mentioned above, Enlisted also uses a formula that introduces an error into the recoil patterns. With its help, we simulate the small differences in the assembly of each weapon - quality during World War II was not consistent.

However, this ultimately has a negative impact on the experience of using a gun - it makes it almost impossible to get used to your favorite gun, because the recoil pattern changes with each battle.

Hit patterns of the MG-42 in three different battles. Left - with the random pattern formula. Right - without the formula.

Hit patterns of the MG-42 in three different battles. Left - with the random pattern formula. Right - without the formula.

After reading your feedback about this feature, we decided to remove it. The recoil pattern of automatic weapons will continue to be affected by the dispersion of each individual bullet, but without the random formula, the shooting experience will not change drastically from battle to battle. Any subsequent adjustments to recoil and dispersion will be listed in the patch notes and game client files, if such changes are made.

32 Likes

Did not even know that was a thing.

I guess this is still a very welcome change !

9 Likes

Any news for update of new version.

5 Likes

We would like to see videos with the formula and whitout it

5 Likes

Let me get this straight:

The recoil parameters of ALL weapons used to have a random variable, that CHANGED every single match?!

HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

31 Likes

Next week probably, last time there was a little more than a week between the test server and the update

Sooooooo There won’t be any news about the new DEV until next week, right? Is it just the update news that’s left now? Waiting for this update is so hard. Please tell me this is the last DEV.

When will the game go back on steam and actually be free to play?

Please let the old preimum squads go on sale more often. Especially tiers 2 and 3. Also, if you open the vehicles and teams that were given with effectiveness in the old ones with in-player credit, new players can reach them. For example, Japanese infantry with a flag on their rifle. I want so much. But it’s impossible.

4 Likes

You maybe wasn’t present Wen they did it, it was an interesting idea anyway

3 Likes

This is all nice and dandy. But where is T20 my beloved?

3 Likes

yea i finish my grind for johnson rifle today ready for T20 early

3 Likes

Yeah. I think we need to grind the last radio operator squad to get those upgrades. It’s a bit weird as to why they do it. When I grinded the M2 carbine I had to play with the Rifleman III squad to grab all the upgrades. It was much more convenient.

2 Likes

was a bit surprise to see that radiomen2 squad have only johnson tbh thought the M2 carbine would be there

2 Likes

Yeah. There are some of these weird features. Like despite having Tanker Is (as well as the upgrades for them) for the Soviets I had to grind the T-60 tank just to buy the Tanker Is in the shop.

2 Likes

because it would have mitigated the veteran vs newbies player experience.
( which… technically affected both )

now, it’s who shoots first i guess.

2 Likes

And technically veteran with full guns upgrade and recoil perk almost nullified the random recoil system, so imo now should be a bit more fair

(Especially with mg)

1 Like

a very unnesesary change, the recoil its fine, also you should consider improve the economy of this game it sucks in every way even with premium the grind its a headache and this without considering the fact that every upgrade, every research, weapon, soldier are expensive considering that you only gain 1k for killing more than 80 enemies, so… pls consider improve a little bit that pls

5 Likes

Yo, an infantry buff? From Darkflow? I didn’t think it was possible.

We’ll see how much it actually changes, given that recoil really isn’t an issue on most guns. But I’ll take a W regardless, even if it’s only minor impact.

1 Like

The part that leaves me puzzled is the variable random factor. The same exact weapon behaving differently in two different matches.

4 Likes