Improving the recoil calculation formula

Those are fake stats
AVT-40 has 22 vertical
DP-27 has 37 vertical

Here, take a look at it yourself
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/13SXNYOfbfhFHYQ-DTNpLzTDtYdPaz0f-M4W3HyxKcxg/htmlview#

2 Likes

This is a wonderful change, good job!

1 Like

Holy shit, how did we not know this existed in the first place?

Data miners - I am disappointed in you.

Random recoil stats lol…

4 Likes

@Euthymia07 wont this change just increase the skill ceiling even more? i dont think the average player wants to put in the time to memorize recoil patterns like this game is Rust or CSGO

1 Like

@Euthymia07 additionally, darkflow needs to stop with the misleading stats, i cannot see a single good reason why guns need this “hidden recoil multiplier”, get rid of it and adjust the recoil stats to be more transparent in game

4 Likes

Is inside a old devblog of September 21

1 Like

you mean 3 year ago? im pretty sure i wasnt even a forum lurker back then

3 Likes

Yep 3 years ago, the game was completely different

3 Likes

Only if you had problems to control recoil up until now. Which would be truly hilarious, since so many people didn’t even notice something like this:

…was a thing.

4 Likes

I wonder how much less “random” recoil will get, this might be a huge buff to AVT-40 and T20E1 (and the soon to be added T20).

1 Like

the thing already had zero recoil lmao

1 Like

Still waiting for the Rzhev update

7 Likes

How about toning down dispersion across the board other than on non-bipoded MGs and AT rifles that aren’t mounted

4 Likes

…WHAT?

It was random every match?

2 Likes

If you wanted to simulate those differences, then why each weapon had it’s own constant upgrade level? Based on that logic, the upgrade stars on my G43 should jump from 6 to 3 to 5 to 4 etc. each freaking battle (because it becomes a different weapon each time, duh[heavy sarcasm]).

How many nonsense mechanics are still hidden in the code?

4 Likes

You’re removing your BS opinion on how bullets and physics work? Nice.

dont worry, the people with best aim in the world dont memorize recoil in enlisted, you literally jsut need to hold your mouse down against vertical recoil, everything else doesnt matter much.

4 Likes

Right. Yet somehow it is exactly the same (0.22 radius at 100m - an awful dispersion for a rifle) across all versions of FG 42 (normal FG 42, Krieghoff FG, FG 42 II, Sniper FG 42 II, FG 42 with grenade launcher) have the same awful dispersion of a badly worn out SMG, even though they were produced with the most expensive and precise methods available and were shooting from closed bolt in semi-auto to achieve marksman precision.

Either you simulate something or you don’t. Be consistent and improve the weapons that obviously deserve it.

6 Likes

I don’t see why, a good player already knows how their gun’s recoil works, it will help newer players tho who will miss less shots due to randomness being removed

How would you know?