Improving the matchmaking for low Battle Rating

I would switch more often if i didn’t usually switch all factions(for the random all gamba) at the same time and that gives me damn carpal tunnel

Good point, unarmored APC should be down to BR I by this change too.

5 Likes

Bud, +1 is not difficult at all? You can easily compete against that. And yes having a bit more of a challenge sometimes is fun. How is everyone using the same “meta” fun?

2 Likes

please now do the same for br 5

3 Likes

I have a good BR3 Alllies squads that are my favorite to play, but I don’t enjoy playing them against everything fully auto in level 5, which is why I really don’t play level 3 allies anymore. I already have 14 fully maxed level 5 allied squads, so why play level 5 with my level 3? This is why I hate the soft rule, because I can play both levels 3 and 5, but it would be far more fun for me to play both levels against two different levels. :rofl: Some people enjoy the challenge, but I can still have that same challenge by adding one level 4 or 5 player to my level 3 squads, however if your not one that wants that challenge, DF took that choice away.

2 Likes

Thing is, U.S. doesn’t get the same soft rule as germany and ussr. Because “japan doesnt have enough players”. It has completely ruined BR3 for me as well. It’s one of my favorite factions to play at BR3, and it gets matched with BR5 japan ALL the time where most of the lobby is using type hei automatic. Happens way more frequently than it should. I’ve had to drop down to 2 because of this or just leave the BR5 matches immediately

2 Likes

well i might not play allies br3 but soviet and german br3 are definitely something i would play tbh i want to flex my lewis/mg13 drum that i got before merge

To be honest, I would love to see that change, it would solve a lot of inconveniences when playing.

I have fully maxed squads at BR3 for both the Germans and Russians and play with them both on occasion. Lately I have been playing almost all Level 5 Germans as I have been trying to get about 8 or 9 squads fully maxed, then I will move to Russia level 5 which I have barely started.

It’s sad that DF thinks they need to keep this soft rule crap as I actually think it contributes to the lack of players for both the allies and Japanese. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the amount of complaining about it to realize IT IS NOT POPULAR! Maybe their would be more people playing Allies and Japanese if they weren’t punked into higher levels as it makes no sense to load your level 3 squad to face level 5 opposition, might as well just load your level 5. :roll_eyes:

Had no time to play but this sounds like a good change, especially for the lower BR ratings.

In my humble opinion it would be nice if BR3 also would only see other BR3 and maybe BR4 (it is more than a little pain to pick up a M1 Garand and then continuously face BR5 opposition).

1 Like

been playing so much BR1 now, no more KV1. Doenst matter I have worse guns.

1 Like

When I play all level one, I swear every veteran is playing and their are zero rookies. :rofl: I feel sorry for true noobies.

2 Likes

main reasons for me to play BR1 now:

-real WW2 gear
-early war tanks are so iconic
-no more KV1, its much much easier to fight BR2 vehicles with BR1 tanks, than it is to fight BR3 vehicles with BR2 tanks
-bolt actions bolt actions bolt actions
-MOSCOW BEST CAMPAIGN

now now now, these are the gameplay reasons - however German players are so braindead, raising some BR1 players to stay at the game instead of moving to the other factions is what I call true recruitment for the German army.
I breed Soldiers.

1 Like

I only play level one with Allies as I have all smg squads, with just a handful of rifles as I am not good with rifles, except sniper rifles. I do have one level one sniper squad.

1 Like

it does. display only shows 2-5 BR cause of japan, but it will get ±1 against germany if there are enough players and BR2-3 or 3-5 against japan.

btw here are all the queues from clog file

40.03 SQRL [QuickMatch] joinImpl queues:enlisted_ussr_ger_low_BR_1_2, enlisted_ussr_ger_low_BR_2_3, enlisted_usa_ger_low_BR_1_2, enlisted_usa_ger_low_BR_2_3, enlisted_usa_jap_low_BR_2_3, enlisted_usa_ger_high_BR_4_5, enlisted_usa_jap_high_BR, enlisted_ussr_ger_high_BR_4_5, enlisted_usa_jap_low_BR_1_2, enlisted_usa_ger_high_BR_3_4, enlisted_ussr_ger_high_BR_3_4

1 Like

some replays need time to appear on replay site. try little later or tomorrow.

1 Like

possible artillery update/rework in picture??? i mean we don’t have that howitzer in the game especially not one capapble of being manned or fired???

That howitzer is from Tommys bigaction mod. The devs sometimes use pictures from mods

1 Like

100% THIS.

Just because Germany had an assault rifle in service (STG), that’s doesn’t mean Soviets needed to have a fantasy world ASs-44.

AutoHei, T20, Hori, Tokyo arsenal and other disgusting fakes are all because of this stipid idea that every faction must have carbon copies of each weapon just with different skins, even if they are fake and never existed.

1 Like

This is not the way. They did not originally want to introduce BR like they did now, just their other attempts for balance failed. Now the community pushes for BR±0, which is again the wrong direction for my taste, because many BR2 and BR3 weapons belong to the same phase and location of WW2.

BR is an artificial limit, that does not solve all balancing issues and this way adds historical stupidity. It does reduce the amount of complaints, but will not replace player skill, will not remove 4-stack teamplay effects and if one side is full of name decorators defending, the other with bad bots and newbies (not) attacking, it will still be a terrible experience for both, for which no BR changes help.

BR±1 is more or less reasonable for me, the current move on our side for BR±0 feels way too restricted.

Instead of juggling with BRs they should add skill measurement (some hidden ELO points that consider weapon setup and currently pursued tasks as well - i.e. it’s not a hard thing to be good against a pistol-only challenge), they should improve the AI so it adjusts its skills against the opposing team and so on, I could list several more ideas to improve the balance without limiting the current possibilities we have.

Instead of taking away SVT from Moscow.

1 Like