Important changes after the second test

Yeah I guess so. I think it was in CoD: Vanguard from what I remember.

They could always put some boxes with more powerful weapons all around map (like in Pacific), their would respawn every x minutes. And maybe add dynamic event where ai commander would drop some supplies in the boxes from the plane to the losing team.

I am not denying that infantry was always able to disable/kill them i am more just comparing tank vs tank there. Heck even my Pz38t was able to kill a T-50 when it was added but it took some skill and flanking which ultimately felt rewarding when achieved.

Impossible, Gaijin people are too stingy to allow that.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound very realistic. Taking a high powered weapon(or 2) off the corpse of a high level enemy was how I progressed. Especially if my sniper died and I had a rifleman scrounge his rifle AND I could find an MG42 as my secondary.

If there’s a small problem, MKB has already been nerfed a lot. Originally, both mkb, mp43 and stg44 use 650rpm, but mkb has 500rpm and mp43 has 600rpm.

Fedorov, on the other hand, has ranges from 350 rpm to 660 rpm, depending on various sources. And Fedorov uses full-size rifle bullets.

If you want to make a gun that feels similar to the mkb and fedorov, it would be okay to leave the mkb as is and set the fedorov at around 400-450rpm (the mkb has a slightly better rate of fire, and the fedorov has a stronger one-shot feel).

Personally, I would have used the mkb perfectly at 550rpm…

7 Likes

Oh, wait. Supply drops would be cool. Radio would have to call them in in lieu of an airstrike

It sounds like the BRs don’t actually matter. Tier 1+2 vs Tier 4 +5, with 3 falling on either side.

We functionally have two BRs. Two.

And people here are throwing a party. :clown_face:

5 Likes

i have to correct you there Fedorov uses a 6.5mm arisaka cartridge which at the time (ww1) was considered a medium powered round since the standard were 7.62x54R and 8x57 mauser.

thats what I said. no one noticed yet

1 Like

And no protection for new players beyond the opening bot matches

3 Likes

sure, i mean it is tweaking issue what numbers there should be

I just wanted to present this idea and remind players and especially devs that balancing and tweaking shouldnt take a place not only in the field of brs but also with single gun parameters

and i just wanted to avoid situation where you nerf one gun and some main complain about why did you nerf one gun but left unchanged other side gun or so

1 Like

I completely agree with what you said about achieving balance by appropriately adjusting not only MMR but also individual performance : )

1 Like

Its better than being forced to fight purely sweats spamming KT/Jpt on the test server unless you were extremely lucky
Or you just played German and were carried by the FG/AR spam

Note this: “so perhaps in the future the number of queues will increase and each queue will include fewer battle ratings. This could happen if we see that wait times and number of players per battle allow this to be done without causing issues.”

my previous post, just cause most people seems to have skipped over it.
The new BR levels are only preventing new players from getting farmed with AR and SF. There is still room for improvement

Previous system had more potential in granularity, but same problems as current tier 3 - everything had preference for higher tier maps. Which could have been resolved by just removing B/N preference, probably like 1h of work.

1 Like

Or they could add special weaker version of Fedorov to be playable at lower BR tiers

3 Likes

“Things might or might not happen in the future”

Great. :smiley: Let’s focus on the status quo of the implementation. The proposed setup didn’t make sense with map preferences eg. always being open to uptier from tier 3 onwards, and it makes even less sense with literal battle ratings.

Soo i’ve checked in game and for certain factions you’ll be able to have full squads of only BP/reward weapons.
examples:
Germany has suppressed weapon set, mkb42, Mondragon 1908 in all campaigns and Arty Luger/lahti M26 in 4/5 which effectively means you can equip 4-5 squad purely with BP weapons and that isn’t counting the 5 breda PGs you can get.

For US: T20E1, M1E5, Lanchester model 1, W.A.R 2-3 times each + the event versions of some of those.

For USSR: you can get 2-3 copies of each weapon too the ones that stand out are the pp 1940, svt-40 w drum, svd-38, suppressed smg and kb 135

Only japan gets significantly shafted by all of this barely able to get 2 copies of certain weapons.