If you want Pershing in the war game, give them historically accurate ammunition and the correct penetration of the ammunition Pershing uses, not the data in the War Thunder!

I’m happy to be adding the m26 Pershing in the next update, but if you want to join them then please give them the right ammo, the T33 apbc-t, which was the main ammo used by Pershing during the war, just like the m304 while the m82 was rarely used by the Pershing crews fighting in Europe, In addition, the t33 can actually penetrate the front penetration of most tanks, such as the Panther. As far as the game is concerned, it is also fair to give Pershing ammunition with realistic penetration, after all, the t33 cannot penetrate the front of the King Tiger tank

As can be seen from this diagram, the t33 can penetrate the frontal armor of panther tanks at normal engagement distances in the game

And according to some articles about the Zebra Task force, Pershing used most of the t33 and m304 ammunition, while the number of m82 was relatively small
I also think that as the most important m26 Pershing ammunition in history, it is unfair not to give the Pershing tank in the game and not to give the t33 a true value.

4 Likes

Gaijin hates American tanks

2 Likes

Maybe, but I think I should speak up about it.

Pershing could penetrate Panther uper glacis because, at the end of the war (which is when the Pershing entered service) german steel quality was awful, making German’s tank armor rather lackluster and subject to cracking when put under pressure. This is not modeled in this game .

Also, even if T33 had better properties than M82, it lacks HE filler which is just so important in this game to ensure that is tank is damaged enough in a single shot.

3 Likes

@YuiHibiki This is a new post and this is my opinion,Can you take a look?

I’m actually giving the curve of the Americans hitting their own target steel, but the Americans did use the t33 to penetrate the front armor of the Panther tank

But my friend, if it is m82 then you need to aim at the turret, which is also deadly for tank combat, the Panther tank body front body m82 can not penetrate, even if the m82 after-effect is very good but can not play through is another matter

More like gaijin uses a formula for the late 1800s to calculate the penetration of all rounds.

3 Likes

It is almost always better to aim for the turret imo, you would have a much better chance to disable the gun and/or gunner, preventing the enemy to return fire. Sure it is much more easier to just shoot in the hull, but not disabling the enemy ability to shoot back might prove fatal.

I won’t mind the T33, but I would still keep M82 as my main shell, I have played enough of Britain in war thunder to know that solid shot is inefficient compared to APHE in this game.

1 Like

Oh I’m just saying why all of our tanks have crap pen

1 Like

No problem. t33 for those who want depth

@YuiHibiki
Please ask the administrator to give the development team a response to this suggestion I put forward. I think my suggestion is reasonable and should be valued. I hope it can help the reasonable performance of Pershing tank

try @Euthymia07

1 Like

@Euthymia07 Could you please take a look at this suggestion, I hope it will help the performance of m26 Pershing in the game

M82 is fine, I had already gotten this data forwarded a month or so ago.

We don’t engage beyond 500 meters in this game anyways so I’d take M82 HE-T late

VS RHA

VS FHP

I will say that for some reason the 90mm m3 in War Thunder does seem to underperform a bit; However I would much rather have the M82 for it’s extra bit of performance at the ranges we fight at in Enlisted.
We are also getting HVAP-T in the form of M304 so we shouldn’t have an issue fighting heavier tanks as long as we aim carefully.

You beat Grey in title length, here is your medal :medal_military:

5 Likes

The hope is that releasing a realistic performance t33≠ allowing the t33 to replace the m82
And the m26 is a tier 5 tank, it will encounter Tiger and IV tanks, but more often it will encounter panther tanks, jagdpanther anti-tank destroyer, IV tank Destroyer v, while the m26 will have to carefully target the weak points when it encounters the latter, and if it is m82, it will undoubtedly have trouble when facing the opposing tank. The t33, with realistic armor-piercing capability, does not need to consider so much direct fire.

yet the charts show the m82 has better performance, and we’ll have m304 to go along with it for even heavier enemy tanks we may find ourselves up against. The postpen is likely better too.

Really? However, compared to the curve of the t33, the m82 is obviously completely inferior to the t33 against tanks with large angled front armor such as the panther, which is what the Pershing tank faced most of the time after joining the game, and the m304 is inferior to the t33 in facing such a large angled front armor tank

the M82 should handle panthers just fine, with M304 being useful against the turret cheeks on the Tiger 2H. Remember we also have the super pershing coming in the near future as well.

1 Like