Idea for sdkfz 251/9

This apc was supposed to be br 2 but some people didnt like it and it got put in br 3. I think there should be an option to have sdkfz 251/9 in br 2 but lose the he shells. I am really annoyed that the premium sdkfz 251/1 is the only option in br 2 after that horrible sdkz 7.

I want to use this iconic vehicle without having to pay or be dragged in br 5

3 Likes

Nah, it should be lowered to BR2.

And all its shells should be replaced with Heats for all available BRs.

10 Likes

well…

the issue with the sdkfz 9 is that, i was a supposed to be a br 2.

however, it carries less of the shells that it was supposed to for " balance reasons ", lost an additional crew member ( because historically, the crew of the sdkfz 9 were usually 5. ) and it doesn’t even have HEAT.

i believe it was more made for " balance " reasons compared to it’s counterpart ( if you can call it that ).

and well, unfortunately.
APCs aren’t typically used as tanks to begin with or, as fighting vehicles.

( just look at the sdkfs 251/1 and it’s god aweful view angles / mg overheat ).

sad realities.

6 Likes

Definitely not.

With all the rest, I agree.

1 Like

I would like some proper IFV’s

There are more than enough other options for APCs and scout cars for BR2, I don’t particularly mind this one being in BR3.

8 Likes

Tbh, all those currently available Trucks should be BR1. They are not even APCs. Since A in APC stands for armored.

And I think all APCs with just MGs could be easily BR1 as well, not just trucks.

3 Likes

but those are not apcs. ( well… trucks aren’t either… )

more like, upgrades vehicles for rider squads as offensive vehicles.

Or just give Germany Opel Blitz in the TT

2 Likes

yes add all/any of these (as RIDER CLASS) and keep it at BR3, its perfectly balanced there to be honest.

2 Likes

I don’t know how those APCBC shells that are useless against basically all other vehicles of the same BR are perfectly balanced lol.

But I guess we just can’t have fun.

1 Like

I regularly pen T34s with em so I dont know what rest of yall doing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
even BR5 I just smoke a Pershing in a pinch and reverse; takes him out of the fight for 30 seconds often.

Surely

Penetration values for ten meters are 55mm (0°)/46mm (30°)/23mm (60°).

Your words indeed carry a great deal of legitimacy.

Maybe the armor is bugged , aim for driver hatch , turret ring or barrel. If T34 is on a decline its obv an auto kill for hull shot since armor is closer to 90 degrees ; so maybe try it before u knock it

I main 251/9 in evey german lineup its avail in; feels perfectly adequate /birderline OP

At the end of the day its a fire support APC/IFV ; smoke and HE are its most useful rounds since ur not actually supposed to be hunting for IS2s with it and complaining about its round when things go south.

I run Calliopies with Smoke at BR5 so for me its a no brainer; i think more ppl should try it

1 Like

Yeah, that’s very much possible. If that’s the case, I apologize. I haven’t played my line up with stummel for quite some time already.

But according to stats, the shell si basically useless. I don’t understand why they haven’t choose to give stummel HEATs.

All good

Im presuming they dont want 4 functional tanks with 75+mm Pen on field at same time. U generally have to be played as a support gun and mostly smoke/ retreat in br4+ currently and that prob wouldnt be the case.

I think Shermans/T34s would be getting pretty 1v2 or 1v4 on a regular basis if that was the case :smirk: :eyes:

I think 251s are super strong as they are

What Germany is actually missing is a fast truck transport; i loose more points to not arriving on scene on time vs lacking firepower

Just give it 12 HEAT shells and nothing more. Since the rounds are going to be very limited, you won’t be effective take a role of tank.
A tanks with of 1 BR lower do have ±30 of those same HEAts with combination of another ±30 APCBC shells.
With higher fire rate, way better armor and turret.

But they gave it 8 rounds which are useful only when playing against lower BRs (aka seal clubbing). That’s extremely duh.
Plus ±20 HE rounds to spam infantry.

They shouldn’t release APC with cannon in the first place. If that’s what so problematic about it. (Which I don’t think so imho.)

2 Likes

If you ask me it shouldn’t be APC at all.
Why 251/9 is APC but US M3 with AA gun is a tank? Clasification of those things is all over the place.
Devs should finally learn worlds like: rule, system, consistency.

If you ask me, stuff like heavy armed halftracks and scout cars should be rider squad thing. Except devs made a briliant move and made this squad locked to lvl1 (lvl2 being APC squad).

1 Like

I think we should have cavalry vehicles (light scout cars/AA with equipped mp rider squads) APCs, tanks and heavy tanks as seperate categories.

Cleaner and allows for more variety

1 Like

I think for now if it has just an MG it should be a Motorized Squad, if it has an auto cannon or light tank gun or an assault gun it should be tank, that means the SD goes to the tank slot

So any armored car with even an auto cannon would be a tank slot, while if it just has an MG like the M3 halftracks it’s a support vehicle, and I don’t mean that the M3 AA becomes a support vehicle I mean the standard variant. If it has any other task besides ferrying infantry make it a tank slot. The tank destroyer variant of the M3 would be a tank slot

I know some may say but SPAA are weak and wasting a tank slot but I view it as with the 2 slots you can choose basically anything and do whatever job you can do

Im not saying we can’t diversify but I prefer simple solutions for the time being. That seems fair

For now the only other vehicle Riders could get is just a car armed with an MG.