Idea for sdkfz 251/9

It should go down in BR since it’s APHE can’t even pen BR2 tanks since it’s so weak so why it’s at BR3? It should go down in BR2 and get Heat rounds like PZ3N. Put 251/1 and kfz7 at BR1 and 251/9 (with heat rounds) at BR2.

It also needs to have a few more guys in the squad since just 4 soldiers in a single squad is completely inferior to the paid APC (p2w) or even a truck.
imageenlisted_2024-09-16_19-33-34enlisted_2024-09-16_19-33-05

3 Likes

:thinking:
Which BR2 tank can’t be pen

1 Like

I killed some jumbo and M4A2 with 76mm when old BR system forced you back then to fight in BR 5 matches. Pen not bad at all.

Against AC 1 and Matilda you are completely defenceless, even from the side it’s only red or yellow marker.

The best you can do is to pray that rng will bless you with enough pen to hit their mg port or fuel tank.

T-50 and Mk 1/M3 are extremely hard to take out at mid-long ranges since only few spots can be damaged. Crusader’s and T-28E Armor is thin but may tank multiple APHE shells.

And when you get uptiered then it’s a game over vs T-34 and KV-1 spam.

Pen is absolutely dreadful it’s below 40mm and you only killed them because they exposed their weak sides to you, frontally you can only die in a single hit against them. Let’s see how you will do against T-34 or KV-1 or Matilda i’m waiting :slight_smile:

The smoke shells are useful as well, considering the APC spawns infantry and needs means to keep them safer while they storm the point

There indeed are situations when you can blow up a T-34 of any version using the Stummel 75mm cannon (this screenshot shows the event T-34-100), the sloped sid armor can be penetrated from close-to-point-blank and the T-34 has to be perfectly sideways but that also happens iwth the right amount of tactics and a bit of luck.

Well Matilda is terribly slow, has no post pen damage and a BR1 gun.

Seems fair that a low pen BR2 infantry support gun can’t pen it.

I understand but pen ain’t bad its APC not a tank my guy. Called an APC for a reason.

so germans can fight armor in this thing as well on top of annihilating infantry swarms with their fast firing stubby guns? lmao

1 Like

Then remove the gun and give me just mg, it would be lighter and wouldn’t need to worry about not being able to kill tanks anyway.

Well, those are rare premium squad.

T-50 is easy to pen even in far range, even it shows red you can still pen it’s turret and disable the gun.

1 Like

Lower it to BR2 or increase the amount of soldiers to 6 imo