Folgore Paratrooper Battle Rating

I want to revise the balancing of this squad as it does not belong at its current BR for numerous reasons.

1. Bad Starting Weapon

While the OG-43 is decent at BR4 there are things such as Beretta M38 40 round mag
and m1 thompson among other powerful weapons.

1. Bad Crate

The flamethrowers have short range and small capacity as they are paratroopers.
The ZB-26 has small mag with high rate of fire and poor sights and recoil.
The sniper is a complete joke at its BR, the Anti-Tank launcher is decent but only has pen of Piat.

1. Competition

This squad also has to compete with a few similar squads that are arguably better like Krieghoff FG, and FG grenade launcher and regular squads can use assault weapons, also The OG-43 can’t compete with Thompson 100 mag.
Please consider lowering this squad to BR3

22 Likes

I say make the squad BR 2 so it can only appear with the rest of the Italian arsenal.

It’s a lot more immersive than Italian paratroopers defending Normandy and the Reichstag. If their flamethrowers are the issue literally just give them 3 instead of 6 just like every other Para squad

18 Likes

I miss the Tunisia campaign, with the great tank battles at speed with no obstacles. :cry:

7 Likes

The ball was dropped with this squad

3 Likes

It is absolutely fascinating how many times this topic has come up here. And if I remember correctly, we got no response at all.

I bet there’s just some spaghetti code related to the flamethrowers. And that’s probably why the developers don’t want to change the BR of this squad. But who knows…

9 Likes

And its only because of those “overpowered” flamethowers that has terrible fuel and range that with all 6 flamers together is worse than 1 flamer with a tech tree flamethrower.and the rest of the squad is hopelessly outgunned with a BR1 smg as a primary against thomsons with 100 bullets and LMGs,which mind you is quite stupid that a person can hold such a heavy gun on their decent,should be a box weapon.

7 Likes

You forgot to point out there’s also six of them and they don’t have any limitations like the Italian paratroopers

2 Likes

Hey i just sent you a friend request in game of you want to try and accept that

2 Likes

It didn’t work again for some reason

I can see you but it’s not working at the moment restarting my game

1 Like

None of these squads let you equip any other weapon besides the event weapons they have. The devs made it clear that Paratroopers are not allowed to switch to other certain weapons that would be deemed Paratrooper worthy. See here about them upholding this logic with the Stalingrad Engineers:

Yet they came out and released Soviet paratroopers who could switch their main weapon with Rifles (bolt action, semi-auto, and automatic), SMGs, and assault rifles.

I want to make clear that I have no issue with Stalingrad’s engineers having their ability to use assault rifles taken away (they have decided to make a special engineer squad for each nation instead). I also do not have an issue with the Soviet Paratroopers equipping different weapons other than the ones they were assigned. My issue is with Darkflow not making it available for all paratroopers of every faction to be able to switch between “paratrooper-worthy weapons.” They have made it clear through their logic that " to give all engineers the ability to use automatic weapons or to take this away from the Stalingrad engineers…" that it is one or the other and that there will be no exceptions unless every faction is compensated. But they continue to allow this hypocrisy to flourish and have not given this ability to every other faction for their paratroopers. Giving them this second-class treatment is unfair and extremely biased against the other three factions. A decision needs to be made before dropping on Steam.

10 Likes

What’s new at this point the Soviets are on top Americans come second Germans are not the greatest and the Japanese are just cursed for their existence

2 Likes

Clearly there are no plans on BR fix, only “customization”.

2 Likes

BR2, of flamethrower is the factor, remove it

Increase the mag size to 40rnd, and make the crate adapt to BR

2 Likes

And premium matilda dominating all the ab 41s and m14s

1 Like

I hated the Matilda, its like a baby Jumbo.

3 Likes

Yes both have crap guns, but I did enjoy using my Matilda, it’s just parked now, I use Grant as better guns, also means I can be HA in Pacific too :wink:

Imho the real problem here is that the German/Italian faction, notable the faction who was the first to use paratroopers in combat, are completly DENIED airborne warfare capabilities in BR I, II and III while every other faction has them!!!

So either make the Italian paratroopers BRII (because I agree that the SMG is no better than the Welgun or the early Thomson or PPH models) or, which would be the fairest thing to do, give all Premium (buy) paratrooper squads the possiblity to change their main weapon and subsequently their BR, just as the Soviet paras can.

Because like it is, it is not only completely unbalanced and disadventageous for the German/Italian faction, it is historically seen outright ridicioulous.

5 Likes

Lol don’t made up some random weird theory, premium/event squad can’t switch their special weapon it has nothing to do with paratrooper.

Because these squads didn’t have any special weapon, they are using tech tree weapon.

These 2 are not really related.

Another proposition I’ve seen is to have the flamethrowers only be availible at a higher BR.

4 Likes

*don’t make up