Fixing Mines

the monthly mine whining season has begun and people complain about them.
although most complains are an overreaction, its objectively true, that too many people are annoyed by them, especially new players.

to solve the problem, i recommend to NOT nerf them, but limit their use, by letting only a small amount of classes have them:
Engineers, Snipers, AT Gunners (these make sense from irl use)
classes like mortarmen and similar weak classes can be included as a balancing tool, to make them more attractive.
these 3 classes also need to get the option to choose a perk that lights up mines on the ground around them (mine detection)

this will make the game more realistic, avoid idiotic nerfing and make the cry babies happy since they explode less often now.

21 Likes

Yeah I think the mine detection perk would be the most sensible.

You are correct!
Personally I have no problem with AP mine, they have a small explosion radius and will most likely kill 1 enemy per mine unless it’s placed on a rally point. In one soldier spawn I can kill more enemies with a bolt action rifle than a mine.

People get tilted by AP mine because it stop their Zerg rush on the capture point.

6 Likes

I’m fine with the status quo, with no changes at all.

9 Likes

i’ll start by saying that… limitations or not, mines aren’t really an issue for me. ( despite sometimes stepping on them constantly. but that’s on me for not checking )

all to say, i don’t really find mines to be that frustrating.

so, i guess it sucks to be a new player.

but at the same time, mines have been adjusted before.

anyway, limiting them to classes might sound good in theory and make other class slighlty more viable too.

1 Like

They should take way longer to deploy. Or have some counter play like mine detectors equipped in melee slot (let’s say for engineers)
They should also chainsplode way more easily AND teamkill. It’s insane you can basically have them every meter with no repercussions
I’m sick to death of losers literally playing “the floor is lava”
Sure, mine the entire cap zone - and then get banned for team killing 30 people.

Nice joke. the mines will disappear, Because mined roofs in the gray zone are not so visited to feel impact. :sweat_smile:

I would not limit it by classes, I would reccomend the way to defuse them, or a new class for detect and defusing them.

I could french kiss you for that suggestion. Got my like.
Also, how about any class in the squad can carry one mine but the squad itself has a limit of 2/3?

1 Like

They do chain explode and its beautiful

Do they? You can drop like 10 of them in a small room and none of them will chain

I probably did it 2-3 time before the merge. Dont do it more often cause it takes time. I remember placing them in japan and a soldier came in with a nade. All of sudden i see 3/4 mine detonating in chain. It was visually satisfying seeing that soldier flying in pieces.

They should be restricted to certain classes but honestly I have rarely ran into the problem of an entire match being mine spam.

I was thinking of an animation for setting up the mines instead of just allowing players to drop it randomly as well. Something like this:

3 Likes

Another solution I personally like is to send any one using more than 4 AP mines in a squad, or some other number, gets sent straight to top tier :wave:

4 Likes

hehe I get they are annoying…and because they are annoying its something you are likely to remember.

But I only remember 2-3 games out of my 1000s where mines made me notice/annoyed. No doubt there is more than that…but it just not that memorable

on another note (IMO ofcourse)…mines should probably be engineers only anyway. Like many other weapons that should just be certain classes (*cough fg42 *cough M2 carbine *Cough AVT)

1 Like

Friendly fire is the worst idea possible

I’m not actually sure this will fix much. Everyone is complaining because of the rally mines. To which I say, stfu I’ve only had it happen once and I never do it myself. Place responsible rallies.

If this goes through there’s a good chance mine pouches will be added to the game and that’ll make guardian Reaper happy

1 Like

It’s exactly what I keep asking for. nothing longer than that, as it would fulfill the purpose of preventing “run n drop”

2 Likes

Limit the number one player can have active at one time to something like 2 or 3. I strongly feel this would be the best solution.

After that, new mine erases old, just like a rally.

I know it’s stupid and fuel for griefing, but I’d love to see dipshits literally covering the cap zone with mines suffer for it
Alternatively mines could be triggered by friendlies, but without dealing damage to other friendly players.
Player who dropped should still die to the mine.
It’s silly you can mine your own pathways. Since when did WW2 mines have IFF capability?