First changes to battle ratings

Actually the other way around, precisely because more things will become obsolete variety will be lower, even if tecnically should be higher. A clear example: in Stalingrad you previously used the MkB42, in Normandy you used the MP43 and in Berlin the StG44; now you’ll only use the StG44 in all 3 maps because with BR5 you can get games in any of those 3 maps, and they all share the same BR (BR5).

2 Likes

if you build your squads right you literally have unlimited ammo since ammo boxes exist literally just slap as many engis as you can into your squad ez.

also did you ever played smth like red orchestra???
variety is not a problem if gameplay loop is godly

2 Likes

Not to mention DF literally screwing over paying players.

Current higer end premium squads being butchered into br 4 and 5 where they will be worse than most regular squads both in weapons and size examples for germany MG13, MG42 early , suomi kp squads.

meanwhile russia gets a premium para squad with adjustable BR since their primary weapons slot isn’t locked to 1 weapon

also Pistols having no BRs or progression yet. if pistols will be br 4-5 they will be useless most of the ones we have in game are ww1 era excluding stuff like berreta, hipower and p38

1 Like

I think IS-2 can be kept in BR5 alongside Panther without an armor nerf, since its gun takes ages to reload and only the 1944 version with the roof machinegun can do proper infantry support. And mind you, the 1944 IS-2 is supposed to be the equivalent of the Tiger II (H), literally the last tank in the tech tree.

Imo BR4 German tanks should be Panzer IV H/J (foldered, and the J should be cheaper (I’m down to make it 2-star if 1-star is too much of a discount)), Jagdpanzer IV and other similar TDs (foldered), and Tiger I.

Ironic that you defend the merge when Red orchestra had heavy asymmetric balancing.

MG34s, MKBs, MP40s etc very a common sight for the germans as were 71 drum mag ppshs, dp27s, svt 38/40 for russians and in RO2 pacific the americans had M1Gs while japs mainly had bolt actions yet many people still choose to play japan even tho US was superior in small arms.

1 Like

Often variety goes hand in hand with enjoyment. It is possible to have high enjoyment with low variety of course, but the Merge isn’t fundamentally changing how the actual gameplay looks like. If anything, it has way more to do with in-game economy, progress and matchmaking.

1 Like

you forgot to mention removing player choice of what battlefields they want to play.

becose if you read my comments from the start with at least some thought im not shitting on the merge (it will make enlisted like that (Germans best top tier tank killing tank, mid/far infantry gun, LMG, soviets best SMG/Assoult rifle, lkm, infantry support tank, amerisharts best planes, close range infantry weapon, deffence mg, jaPain just pain)

economy will get better becose i will not be foreced to buy 16 STG-s on 2 campains, 16 MKB-s, on 2 campains, 20 same flamethrowers, and grind thru same 100 bolt actions…

just dessert until you get map you want… there is no penalty

Yeh literally all things i couldn’t give 2 shits about.

There is only 2 things that interest me:

being able to select the battlefield i wana play and having the knowledge of what i can potentially face in said battlefield.

and that’s how the game dies. You’ll have same issue as in WT where 50% of the team usually quits about 1-2min in on first death because they get a shit map

they do it becose they premium n00b and they have 1 tank on VI era and 1 reserve piece of garbage
i call it NATO team syndrome

It literally won’t if they keep dev server stuff. ATM you get 1 of everything you unlock for free which is especially beneficial for vehicles. on dev server you had to buy EVERYTHING you got nothing for free anymore and most stuff became more expensive.

instead of spending idk 30 silver orders to equip all of your squads you’ll be spending 3-4x that number in converted silver just to get half of that back and it still doesn’t address lvling new suqads.

its not exclusive to nato teams or premium players…
Its common on shit maps even at BR 12.0 where there are no prems for people to quit en mass quick

buff earnings = problem solved
add map ban = problem solved
dont buy every unlock = half of your problems solved
i remember when you had academy (total cancer) + rolling bronze for weapons…
you were playing geverchs 33/40 until you unlocked geverch 41 and than rolled all bronze for that (not many becose you got bronze only for missions not for skill)
i remember worse times than dev server
and i know that enlisted makers are much more atending to community screams than gajin so it will get better

HAHAHAHAHAH i see you have no idea what you are talking about.

you HAVE to buy unlocks in order to be able to buy next unlock and you need to unlock & buy X number of things to reach next tier.

I’ve been on BOTH dev servers the only good thing about them was the soldier skill rework into an actual skill tree instead of RNG reroll.

1 Like

possible i coudnt see this becose i literally have everything unlocked

you can see it if you have eyes even if you had everything unlocked. It will make the new player experience even shittier going from days to get iconic weapons such as M1G/tommy gun, Mp40 to literally weeks or in rare cases of bad players months.