First changes to battle ratings

to be fair, variety will increase no matter what, since with the still existing “campaign” design, 90% of the weapons you unlock are obsolete and replaced by better ones you unlock.

So even if the merge balance is done “poorly”, diversity will increase anyways.

i love top tier diversity
its going to be a full auto fest

1 Like

Japan is a wasteland regarding prototype weapons 1 built on so many weapons in the game, i prefer soviets germany and usa which are filled with weapons built a few milion times.

if we take from this sentence than germany should be around 80% k98
amerikkka should be around 90% m1 garand/m1 carabine
and Russia should be around 90% mosins until ppsh camos and change mosin to 70%

Range of fking what mate? You ironically think the Lanchester can’t shoot mid range? Are you telling me that with a straight face? Or you need me to proves your skill issue in video format in the public?

3 Likes

i dont understand this, but the soldiers on the eastern front used literally everything even FG42s

2 Likes

In my book the Panther should actually beat the IS 2 in direct tank vs tank combat - at least historically speaking, the IS 2 was a heavy breakthrough tank, don’t get me wrong it was effective against tanks, but it was not is primary role, the Panther on the other hand was specifically used in fighting enemy tanks, and according to many sources kinda sucked in infantry support, especially in closer ranges.
(to mimic that, its top mounted MG could maybe be removed)

thus if the IS 2 armor would be nerfed, I can see the Panther be but into BR 5 and the Tiger be put into BR 4 (actually the Tiger needs to be put into BR 4 no matter what) - however if the game would follow this same logic and apply it to the King Tiger as well, than that one would need to be put into BR 6 - which doesn’t exist.

1 Like

What kind of comparison is that, the AS44 was built in low numbers 20-30 alltogether, thats more than 1.
StG-45 another 10-20 rifles were produced again more than 1.
M2 Carbine was created in quite high numbers i dunno why you used this as argument.
Hell Let Lose is alot but not History, its more arcade than enlisted.

2 Likes

you do realize that there was a field conversion kit to turn M1s into M2s right?

Also literally: ‘‘In 1944 the US Army acknowledged this, and introduced the M2. A total of 217,000 were manufactured at the end of WW2’’

1 Like

we have photos of panther armor literally detaching itself from rest of the tank frame after being hit by 122mm gun

3 Likes

I’d like to see a source for that cuz i’ve seen that exact picture being quoted ad a panther being hit by a 152mm HE/bunker buster shell from an ISU/SU-152.

“Although actual M2 production began late in the war (April 1945)”
okay so berlin maps are only maps that allow M2 carabine in US hands

i have polish source

1 Like

yes
this is exactly my point, the IS 2 and ISU 152 were devastating against armor, even the HE rounds had enough explosion to take out German heavy tanks - however the panther had more accuracy, better optics, much faster reload, and could take both vehicles out at super long ranges.

both sides won usually after only a single hit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/i4pjad/panther_hit_by_isu152/

literally same pic took about a 30s search to find this.

1 Like

wasnt FG42 for paratroopers and comandos only???

i’d also like to point out that the 122 was specifically chosen because it can go through the panther’s armor at extreme distances

1 Like

only 7k built most were used on the western/italian front

1 Like

FG- 42 was originally requested in 1942 by the luftwaffe to equip paratroopers/airborne forces and was first field tested in 1943 in Yugoslavia.

there are 2 primary versions + one from rival company and some prototype versions with mixed features.

Heck we have the prototype version represented in premium normandy para squad

2 Likes

Su-152 is in the files along with KV-2, i really hope its getting added at some point.