First changes to battle ratings

Thats the main issue of campaigns because they let people face T-34s with starter Panzer IIs or Tigers smashing Stuarts.
But squad rework is enough I guess.

About US tanks I think Jumbo could be either at the top of BR4 or at the bottom of BR5 tbh, it is a KV case in which the armor is busted but the gun is garbage. Also not a single US tank is worth the BR5 rating, there is no way the 76 Sherman is the same BR as the Tiger II (they should add the M36 Jackson, 76 Jumbo and M26 Pershing to US Tier 5 (BR5) and move a lot of tanks further down in Tier and BR (all Shermans and the M18)).

Eventually Japan would get BR5 gear like the Chi-Ri II and the Ho-Ri, the Experimental Light Machinegun (both a base version and a tripod version idk), the Tokyo Arsenal (both a box mag and drum mag version), and more.

Agree on Panther going to BR5, even history-wise makes more sense to put the Tiger I in BR4 than in BR5, and the Panther is the obvious swap.

1 Like

you call this a painfull grind???
propably you never played war thunder
say wahtever you want but grind is not a problem… balance + being curmbstomped by top players is

2 Likes

War Thunder’s heli and tank grind is really bad at high tiers only jets are easy to grind.
and i know i own rank 7/8 modern tanks, helis and jets in several nations.

2 Likes

Enlisted grind is painful but manageable, crew leveling is more annoying than actual level progression because it takes too many matches to unlock those +xp nodes. WT players got abused for years with absolutely soul crushing grind that could put most mmorpgs to shame with how masochistic it will make you that you will see anything below that as a blessing. Grind was a partial problem where you had to unlock same guns/vehicles/squads multiple times for not reason now merge going to fix that issue (along with top tier vs low tier). Balance will still be bad just by looking at their BR changes where it only gives US and Soviets advantage with gear, while leaving Ger and JP with nothing good at low-mid tiers.

2 Likes

as german main i dont see germany suffering
VG1-5 >>> M1 shirabine
MP40 is good after the buffs
Panzerfaust is better than M9 zooka
MG34 >>> DP or bar
best bolt action in game (manlicher)
planes are decent
only tanks suffer
all around they will fug
jaPAIN on the other hand…

6 Likes

Japan is in a wasteland regarding those unfair BRs.

2 Likes

M1 is in BR2 plus it also had nade launcher while ger BR2 has zero semi autos, at least Soviets also don’t have semis at BR2
-1 point for the Axis

it’s worse than Lanchester and especially 50 mag Lanchester and waaaaay worse than ppsh-41 box
-2 points for the Axis

true, but devs may strip it from us and put it in BR4 because fuck Axis,
+1 points for the Axis (for now)

nope BAR is way better in a current meta where you need to attack points and switch places while defending, DP is also much better than MG34 you have way faster reload and less recoil,
-2 points for the Axis

Nowhere near close, Winchester is the best bolt in a game, Lee Enfield no4 is my 2nd favourite
-2 points for the Axis

true but nothing extraordinary that is better than other nations, 500kg bombs are still not worth picking over 250kg
0 points to the Axis

On low-mid end the suffer, at top tier they are superior
0 points for the Axis

So total -6 points for the Axis, while Soviets and US have positive score, they are the third worst nation in a game post merge if you play at low-mid BR in top tier they will be still good.

4 Likes

Perhaps Panzerfaust should have it’s “spare ammo” reduced, maybe even making it single-use. 180/220mm pen is more than enough.

2 Likes

its the most reterted thing i ever read
MG34 have less spread tahn dp and bigger mag + firereate than both bar and DP
lanchaster is shit
ppsh 41 box is only good close range
m1 carabine suck more ass than pole dancers
winchester have shit sights… lee enfield is comparable to manlicher

2 Likes

We just have to accept it that they want to kill off all of our new bloods and destroy any chance of us getting any more reinforcements in the future and they’re just gonna wait for us to die out before they come to reclaim end game.

3 Likes

than every grenade launcher and at rifle should be 2 man weapon
if we going realistic LETS GOO

1 Like

+3 ammo in a mag sure is a massive difference lol, MG34 has worse spread and dispersion due higher firerate but better vertical recoil which is irrevelant if you take -vert recoil as soviets, with mg34 you need to tap fire or burst to hit anything at anything but 10m in front of you so firerrate is irrelevant

stopped reading there no need to listen to your ramblings if you have no idea what you are talking about
PS PPSh-41 can also be used at the mid range it’s not that hard to control it’s mostly kicking gun to the right

4 Likes

Realism left the chat before OBT began, with allies storming Normandy carrying WWI rejected Ross rifles.
Panzerfaust have twice more pen compared to other launchers. Range also greatly increased, forget about 60m, it’s easy to nuke a T-34 from spawn to spawn. Way too good for BR3.

Why are we talking about the 50mag lancaster without acknowledging mp-41(r)?

Or does that go against the usual germany suffers gospel?

2 Likes

It’s one of the most powerful smgs in a game but haven’t seen many people using it since Berlin had so many useful guns of similar power, while in Tunisia i spotted too many people were using Lanchester 50 to kill my poor Italian ass, Thompsons are too inaccurate and with bad sights so they kinda got forced to pick many Lanchesters to have fun with that weapon class.

1 Like

Dude M2 Carbine is 20% more accurate than FG also more controllable recoil and has a bayonet, also 30rnd bs 20rnd and double the ammo reserve

4 Likes

im going to find you on 3 br and bolt your lancaster squad back to the lobby with rage quit

2 Likes

Try using G41 before you talk

1 Like

is semi good but reload is horrible
yet it is usable