Enhance Squad Specializations

Like many long time players of this game, I have a large library of legacy squads in my collection. Beyond changing the upgrades for what soldier classes are available in each squad, they are identical. With so many identical squads, it would be an excellent feature to be able to customize these squads further. Allowing the squads to specialize into slightly different roles.

Example: I have ~20 assault squads for Germany, I could pick any one of them and they would mostly function the same.

(graphic borrowed from old post, these subclasses would apply to squad not soldier)

However, if squads were allowed to diversify into different “subclasses” for each squad type, they could all incentivize players to play them differently. Making each squad potentially different to other squads of the same type in your squad list.

Note: Subclasses would be meant as sidegrades rather than direction upgrades

(Example of updated assault squads)

I think this idea pairs very well with @SexyTent’s idea for making the old legacy squads available in the store. This would allow players new and old to experiment with squad subclasses.

This post is a continuation of my soldier subclass suggestions, in which I went into more detail:

Subclasses instead of Veteran Upgrades
Expanded suggestions for subclasses

10 Likes

Wrong game mate

I believe there should be a point man subclass up there.

He would be assigned a grenade and two smoke grenades with -20% ads, +10% run speed, and %100 climb speed.

Soldier subclasses would make the game even more complicated. For one it’s a plus but for the other it’s a minus.

And playing with only assault troops is weak. But that’s my opinion.

It’s a pity that I can’t read words other than Chinese
Can you explain to me the difference in upgrades between him and the current soldiers?

This sounds like it’d be a cool addition to the game but like others said confusing to new players

2 Likes

Maybe with it could we get the ability to set the AI to use some of the equipment they have? Set some AI to grenadier and they’ll throw grenades themselves and appropriately. Set AI to defense manager and they’ll build sandbags for cover.
An interesting idea to say the least.

man that would be something different for the game, I support it

1 Like