Distortion effect for tank sights

haha. thats a good point. will this be an indirect buff (relative) to Axis optics and a Nerf to Soviet/Allied optics?

or just a blanket effect (everyone gets the same)

3 Likes

One of the devs/helpers has once mentioned that focusing 100% people on the bugs is not possible - there is an art team and another team that focuses on bugs, they are different workers. It would be nice to appreciate that the artists squad is doing a splendid job.

2 Likes

I do appreciate the artists ingame, however im not a fan of this update and i feel its more of a deterrent to stop prolonged usages of tanks.

they also arent focusing on any long term old bugs and pumping out “QoL” improvements, it makes me wonder if they are getting these ideas from the same place they got the clearly failed steam launch, despite every place i could see telling them not too.

James is a CM so therefore could at least clarify what they are doing about the charging bug since its been mentioned that its on the devs pile to look at. i maybe one of the few that continuously mention it, but theres many that are watching.

1 Like

It’s a well-deserved feature, my brother. It will be very exciting to see that and a scope rework as well.

RO2 Scopes

Spoiler

Kar98k scope x4

Gewehr 41 scope x4

MKb 42 (H) scope x1.5

Enlisted Scopes

Spoiler

MKb 42(H) scope x2.5

Gewehr 43 scope x4 (same scope as the gewehr 41 in RO2)

Kar98k scope x4

3 Likes

ok but also damaging sights should be a thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! My eyes hurt already from looking at this…

Not really old glass distorts, German and Japanese optics were very good quality thought the war, everyone else were prone to some minor distortion, especially Russian optics.

@FACE_TAC my man have you been working on your War Thunder mod for Enlisted any more?

Would be cool to see an updated version.

1 Like

It really bad they should undo this.

I like it a lot tbh

2 Likes

They really should make it a toggle because as it is it is very unpleasent to the eye. It gets even worse if you keep switching from commander sight to gunner sight. Then the effect gets even more violent.

Im starting to get used to it, but the motion sickness wont go away if this continues i might stop bringing tanks into battle and use only planes.

1 Like

Devs have made a change immediately there is push back, it is realistic and ok takes some getting used to, don’t just immediately ask for it to be reverted, get used to it, it is very nice feature.

It is like concussion in Stalingrad, which was realism, and stopped tankers firing indiscriminately, but people cried and it got changed.

1 Like

I like it. It’s just a very minor inconvinience for improvement in visuals and realism. A fair price.

2 Likes

Just wanted to express my praise for the latest patch which altered the distortion effect - it improved the eye comfort without spoiling the feeling of realism. I can agree that the distortion starting from a larger radius is nicer than it was before when most of the area was a little distorted. Now it no longer causes any headaches :laughing:

Now ( Update 0.5.6.52) they reduced the distorted area significantly (like the lens of the scope was produced with higher standards :stuck_out_tongue: ). I feel a lot of improvement and it’s still realistic for me (even more realistic I could say, since a Tiger II, for example, wouldn’t use low-quality optics :smirk: )

You improved distorsion but I have a feeling something went wrong in the process.

2 Likes

dont listen to the whiners crying about “enlisted is unplayable now with the lens distortion”.

the game got more realistic & immersive with a nice little upgrade.
having “muh brain hurt after looking through the lens” is not an argument, countless games have effects like that, rightfully so.

2 Likes

Binos and scopes should also get the distortion effect

1 Like

I meant that binos are tilted.
You can’t lean in a tank so I must be standing straight so binos should be “nomral” (horizontal with no angle).

2 Likes