Custom Games

Having played a bit - I have to say that using custom games as a replacement for “Regular” games is a crock of faecal matter.

There are only a few that hadve a reasonable balance of players on each side… and if you want to beat up on some bots foir a bit of fun there’s teams of 3-4 players cruising the rooms looking for games with 1 player so they can come in and clean up … which is of course what he 1 player was hoping to do!

However there’s nothign a single player can do about it - you can’t join a multiplayer game because there’s eff all of them, and if you join another 1 player game you’re just as likely to be monstered by the roving clans as if you are on your own.

Bad move, and not what most people were expecting I think - which was essentially a choice to make private room and have a bit of fun wiping out bots, with or without friends. Probably for no actual XP/goodies - for which I think most people expected to have to play “regular” games for.

F for fail.

2 Likes

Well, this is not what I was expecting. I presumed it was going to be custom filters on the main game, so you still played the main game but could filter out matches you were not interested in ie filter out Invasion mode games or only play Conquest mode games or filter out maps you do not like to play.
Playing since open beta these are the only kind of request I have seen on the forums, not a request for a totally new mode of play. TBH I only see this as implemented watering down the player base of the main game. Not that I’ve got anything against anyone if they want to play this way but, again is not what I was expecting.

1 Like

You realize I just walled off an attic, filled it with barbed wire and a rally point, and watched it kill bots.

really i though players, lol, but i have join 50/50 custom lobby and it is a lovely chaos :crazy_face:

Bring back lonefighters in Berlin and Moscau campåaigns. This is bad change. I do not want see africa camo in snow and snow camo in desert. I enjoyed historical weapons and settings. So bring it back. I do not want to babysit idot AI soldiers.

6 Likes

As long as LF is “gone”.

The mechanics of the composition of party forming in custom games has been temporarily changed.
Now there can only be one AI-soldier squad in a battle, which will be replaced by the second live player who enters the battle.

If the developers don’t want players to gain a lot of experience by killing bots, you can reduce the revenue from killing bots (note, I mean killing bots) (Earnings) Now this makes the custom model nondescript. To be honest, most of the time in the ordinary matching mode, many “people” in the team are bots, especially the Berlin German army, which has a large number of bots.Let me just say something interesting. I started a custom battle slaughter bot before, and then a lot of players came in. In the final round, there were at least 14 players, which is more than the usual number of players encountered in the matching map. I think you might as well delete the matching mode and replace it with a custom lobby as the main game mode, because it can freely choose the map. I hate some bad maps and I don’t want to play at all, such as the quarry in Moscow. Or once Wilhelm Boulevard in Berlin. :upside_down_face:

Or there is another option. You provide a dedicated PVE mode. I don’t want to play against players. I just want to get the fun of my game as a player through killing bots, and then gain experience to unlock better equipment for easier killing bots. . You can add special PVE tasks, so that you can better satisfy the happiness of PVE players.My original intention of playing ENLISTED was to lead a team to kill bots. I killed a lot of bots with machine gun sandbags during the testing phase last year. As more players increased, it became more and more difficult to get a lot of kills by setting up a machine gun.I hope you can meet the needs of our PVE players.

1 Like

Devs… I can’t believe you guys butchered the custom games so little after release… Pls reconsider this decision and bring the higher bot count back. That shit was a fun experience IN OF ITSELF. Many were not playing it solely for the XP grind. But for the fun, chill experiences that it created. It was a new breath of fresh air that you sucked out of the game’s mouth. So pls put that shit back in. Don’t suck the last little bits of the soul out of this game…

13 Likes

Why you killed your game again ? Because 5 players want to remove bots ? OK then let your game die

10 Likes

my words bro… :facepunch:

i was going to leave a nice review and actually make lots of compliments about it.

but… i’m afraid i can’t really see my self using the custom matches anymore.
the reason because of it, were the bots. in my opinion was actually pure fun and “relaxed games” ( despite bots actually going for the bloody objective unlike real humans ) and somewhat be able to play with the campaign that i like less in other maps that i might know ( or the other way around ).

i really wished for PVE matches. not because of the xp grind ( as i don’t even know how can people compare it to " farm bots " which wasn’t actually the case. ) but to have fun, take my newbies friends just ourselves (3 - 4 ) against other same ai or more. ( which, yes, would technically give xps ) but this, was something supposed to be and similar to the battlefield Portal mode. where you could have actually fun and progress as well. something that more and more i don’t see.
it’s sad.

taken away the bots, i tried the gamemode, and i can’t see my self playing it outside using the maxed out campaign and play different maps or help me to capture footages for my “upcoming videos” ( which i’m somewhat thankfull ). but i can’t see my self enjoying facing T34s with just PZ III or any other matter.

this is just me, but custom matches had so much potential more for pve then pvp.

outside that, i like the options that allows you to customize the matches, settings, maps and factions.

and that is all.

mostly disappointed because of high expectations as usual. therefore i suppose my fault.
but hey, at least someone somewhere will be able to use it and have fun.

great job i guess.

5 Likes

I only got to try two games against bots and it was pretty nice. Didn’t have time to build an mg nest in a chokepoint before they removed bots. The experience gain need to be tweaked though before they reenable bots.

Amazing how fast you can react.
The FW is bugged for months now, same goes for the Tunisian tank models but some people exploited sth. which is good for the players and you devs “fixed” it.

4 Likes

I like new custom mode very much but put bots back in and please consider other solution such as xp limit

The fact that I m finnaly able to grind Moscow campaign and avoid all Moscow maps its pure gold for my eyes.

Finnaly I can level my toys there and enjoy them.

All I wish is the option to have a custom lineup only avaiable for custom matches where I can bring diferent campaign squads into a single lineup.

Just for the sake of my personal fun and to utilize all the gear avaiable in-game in a single match, ofc devided by axis and alies…
Hopefully, the tab to run a custom match will apear on a more accessible place in the main lobby so players can see where it is, and we can have servers with more population.

Having servers with a single human player gets boring fast.

Baby steps. Overall amazing feauture. more work around it and will probably be one of the best updates so far.

Now that you just killed custom games, how about bringing lone fighters back to regular matchmaking?

5 Likes

I will say that there is some merit to custom games, I like the idea of all axis units vs all allied units, it’s a refreshing experience. I would still like to play hardcore lone fighters but not enough people have become aware of the custom battles thing to get a game going.

I would suggest enabling matchmaking for custom games with the use of filters so created games can be filled out. Also capping how many of a certain type of mode in a lobby can limit people making endless servers with nobody but themselves, making a huge incentive to use the custom game matchmaking or join a game already in session with the settings they want.

1 Like

Back to solo mode, bots suck!

Well said!