Browning Hi-Power for Germans!

Title, Germany used a high volume of these pistols after occupying Belgium

Them sharing this pistol with the Western Allies would mirror the Soviets sharing the C96 with the Germans, both sides historically used them in large enough quantities, so both sides should have em, and hey, they’re pistols so not like it’s going to do anything huge balance wise

hi-power

21 Likes

Yeah, let’s make every faction even less unique because every faction necessarily needs every pistol option!

Bad idea.

5 Likes

Tell that to the Soviet players in the Russian side of the forum who want the new event pistol to be an unlock for them as well.

Return the Mauser for the USSR Event - Offers - Enlisted

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind, if ppl want to use them. For me, there’s only the p-38. No substitute. Maybe a few old lugers. But if it makes people happy, no harm to it.

3 Likes

To be fair if we do stuff like that, Why don’t the soviets get more american weapons?

Why not let the germans get more captured soviet gear and weapons?

Why not let the americans get soviet and german gear?

Why not let the Japanese get Tiger’s and STG-44s?

Why not turn the game into COD:Vanguard?

Simply put, Stuff should be unique, At best you can get 4 fully automatic pistols, Which aren’t game breaking, Or change the meta, I don’t want the Japanese to get fully automatic M1911s, Just like I don’t want the soviets to get fully automatic C96s And I sure as hell don’t want the Germans getting high powers, Just as I don’t want the Americans getting C96s, It makes each faction less unique.

So no this isn’t a Typical axis moment, For once greyparrots is being logical… and god I can’t believe I said that.

4 Likes

I want the game to be playable in end game not a nightmare which is vanguard.

So on one hand, what images you sent and the plain simple text you wrote makes it very understandable why they’d have it. There is valid reason why they have it.

On the other hand, I don’t think the developers would add the Browning High Power to the German Tech Tree? As others have stated to mainly keep each faction as unique as possible.

So unless there is A LOT of support for this, I’m gonna say not likely this will happen.

1 Like

Soviets have c96. The hipower was used largely by germans so i dont see any problems

4 Likes

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges. I too prefer every faction to be unique, but everyone has particular standards.

In this case, the Browning Hi-Power was produced in Canada for the Allies, and Occupied Belgium for the Germans. It’s just like the Kongsberg Colt, a M1911 made in Norway produced for Germans. In my book it’s unique

Just like the American reverse engineered MG42 that fired 30-06

3 Likes

germans had one.

and it was an event pistol ( most likely, one of the older twitch drop to be precise ):

i’m not against it, but i would like instead newer type of pistols for germany or any other faction.

11 Likes

Everyone against germany having historical weapons, meanwhile soviets spam PaK field guns and Panzerfausts. Double standards much?

4 Likes

Totally historical, soviets used captured panzerfausts at a large scale.

Helps if you know what you are complaining about.

7 Likes

Man, that must be the most famous German soldier of history…

Its the “HANZ GET ZE FLAMMENWERFER” guy.

Well, the question one has to ask is - just how many Hi-Powers were used by Allies? From what I’ve heard, Inglis in Canada only started limited production by 1944, with US keeping their M1911’s already issued to troops and UK using mainly Enfield and Webley revolvers for most of the war. M1911 and Hi-Powers were only used in small number by elite units liks SAS.
Meanwhile, close to 100000 Hi-Powers were used by Germany. For comparison, 100k is a number of PPD40s ever produced.

I suppose, adding a 9X19 semi-auto version of C96 for 10/20 rounds would be another option. We already have a renewed model ingame.

2 Likes

Germans has more PPSH 41 and SVT40s than soviet with Panzerfaust like come on man

I guess thats why germans have 2 different captured ppsh variants in the game already Mp-41(r) & Mp-717(r)?

I guess you are just whining to keep warm or something, otherwise you would have an actual point to make right? :man_shrugging:

To me captured content is fine as long as it was made unique so we don’t have copy and pastes. The MP 717 was chambered for German 7.63, and the MP 41r was chambered for 9mm

I’d personally rather the Soviets have a prototype big boom AT weapon than a Panzerfaust.

1 Like

It’s all about volume. I’m pretty sure they were already reaching in giving the Soviets C96s. Germany on the other hand, has examples where Fallschirmjagers were pretty much exclusively found to be carrying Saur 38(H)s or Radom pistols. And then there are the Volkssturm pistols.

3 Likes

And they gonna remove MP717r, also MP41r is event weapons but not the soviet Panzerfaust, how convinient right?

2 Likes

I can’t believe you just said that either