British tech tree

Linked here.
Their main advantage would be planes, with their tanks serving mainly as infantry support and the main advantage of their infantry weapons being the sheer number of bullets. Infantry AT however would be quite lacking.

1 Like

Consider adding more non-British equipment to your TT proposal such as the Rieder automatic rifle

This TT is still very barbone and many of the equipment is just copy pasted, it could be improved by adding French and other allied European nations’ equipment, but ultimately it might just be better to keep Britain is a subfaction, but give it a subtree, squad nationality change options and other improvements.

4 Likes

I thought of adding the Reider but it seemed a bit too aesthetically similar to the Howell and Charlton, and all other factions have a 20 round 700rpm full auto rifle(give or take 10 rounds or 100 RPM). But good idea with the French equipment. I might also specify nationalities of squads to include Canadians, ANZACs, and Indians. Plus a lot of the stuff I wanted to add is already premium or gold-order, or in the USA tech tree, and would ideally be transferred over, becoming legacy within the USA faction.

the AT unironically ( the piat ) is technically better than the US bazooka, although lacks range.

anyway, what’s up with all of the people asking for uk to be separated?

how about we let players decide.
i love using both US and UK squads at the same time.
or if i don’t, i can fully make a line up / preset for each.

i don’t see why things should be separated when you have a choice.

the only thing that is not a choice, is the nationality of the soldiers when buying one.
which it should be a thing.

as well as unlocking a new squad, it should give you the option to choose.

for the rest, i don’t think splitting is really needed.
it doesn’t have to be war thunder.

because it’s not.

3 Likes

Yes, secondary allies and axis nation should be keep in the same queue of USA and Germany but you should be able to choose what faction grind and mix them if you want

4 Likes

I personally want to be able to do battles like Tobruk, Kokoda, and other battles where there were British/Commonwealth presence but not necessarily the other allies. And to add more variety to the fighting styles and tactics at play; the British don’t necessarily have greater squad wiping speed on their infantry weapons, but get higher capacity to compensate. Such is the case for the Farquhar hill 65, Howell, Lee-Enfields, and their drum Thompsons. And with their planes being so strong, the anti tank capacity of their ground troops is made lesser with their tanks instead being really good for infantry support. I do like the idea of choosing the nationality of soldiers.

I think both the British and Italians should get their own tech trees. There is certainly enough squads and equipment in the game to seed both.

2 Likes

well)
i made almost same post on russian forum yesterday but CM already close it
take a look:

most interesting part is the tech tree.

I know it’s not perfect, but I’m probably not going to redo it anymore because i’m sad about the closing all my work. And there are couple mistakes in the progression branch like 2 same infield rifles and one airplane turned out to be post-war. but in general the essence is clear. I really wanna see Brits and Italy in the game as playable separate factions.

btw Italy from my tread on russian forum

link

1 Like

There will be no separate tech-trees for UK and Italy:

1 Like

It’s crazy because I’m the resident Canadian (Commonwealth) here,

But I wouldn’t need them separated either.

All I want, is a toggle, when purchasing new soldiers, allowing us to choose their nationality and thus, voices.

British and empire forces had used a large number of US equipment as well as many Americans had served in their ranks before the attack of Pearl harbor.
Dunkirk and Tobruk can be implemented without separating US and Britain by giving US squads volunteer uniforms.

That’s what they said in WT as well and look at where it is now, although to be fair they didn’t flat out said it won’t be done, it was always termed as “it may be considered in the future”…

I’m not fussed either way, I do agree with @Conscript_Joe that the key to solving the allied / axis resolution problem in a single tree is the evolution or potentially the “proper implementation of customisation” Being able to properly differentiate the units and give them appropriate uniforms for all the theaters of war that a given nation fought it should be a priority if we don’t go down the path of separate tech trees for the Allied and Axis nations.

2 Likes