Britain and the Commonwealth in game!

Recently a thread was published with a translation of a topic from the RU forum about the secession of Italy. It’s time for Britain, I’ve decided to translate thread from RU forum about it.

Overall, this is a logical extension of the Italy topic.
Adding the Italian faction alone without their most important opponent, Britain, doesn’t make much sense.

I’ll start with the main question WHY is this? Quoting the previous topic (but rewriting it a bit).

1. The first and gameplay important reason is to optimize the US research branch. It’s cluttered with British samples, instead of full potential content for the US that never made it into the game. People are asking for 20 round Thompsons on 2BR and other more iconical weapons. The presence of british models in huge numbers is a vestige of the campaigns. Also, the long research branch prevents new players to grind to the top weapons and slows down the already long process of grind. Splitting the USABRITES into USA and Commonwealth will solve this problem. The US will not be lost, after all they had an amazing industry, brilliant gunsmiths and many interesting pieces of equipment and weaponry.
  2. The second reason is that adding a new side of the conflict can give the game more depth, variety and interest, help enrich the game world and increase the replayability of the game. Perhaps this is the obvious aspect. Moving on.
  3. It may not be obvious, but the addition of Britain faction will can attract brits and history nerds. Only here we have real British commandos with fast-firing Vickers-k, not this pathetic soyboys camping gameplay from Hell let lose. Anyway, if the marketers work well, it can be badass.

HOW TO REALIZE?
I will rewrite the Italy topic as well. First of all, some weapons will definitely be cut from the US branch. Why some? Because if irl (for example) Sten was used only by British and Canadians, USA used m3 grease gun and various models of Thompsons, rn in the game stens are underpopular and m3 too so nothing change, Thompsons on 2 BR don’t exist exept 1 premium squad. Lanchester is top Allies smg rn so if devs will separate Allies, US can get 20-round mag thompsons as top 2br gun. Some british options can remain in the US research branch. Like a couple of Brens, or we can expect adding Benet-Mercie machine rifle, M1909 or lower BR for 1918. Tanks: US faction does not need British tanks banally because of the huge number of their own. But do not need to take away anything from the players who already managed to purchase them, because the British and the U.S. fought side by side in many theaters of war, so there is no need to take away anything from the players “by force”. But it is possible to give the opportunity to transfer some weapons between Allies. This will simplify the grinding in the early stages of existence for the new faction. Also I propose to optimizing US branch not at once and remove the British samples gradually, showing the player a timer to disappear. Thus, many players will make their relocation to Britain as painless as possible for themselves.

New faction bonus. I don’t think there’s any point in chewing this up. Give a bonus of 50-200% to silver\experience, etc. at least for the first 2 weeks of Britain, then reduce it to 30%, then remove it completely.

Also to the question of the implementation of the new side: flashed on the forum idea of combined battles. This is when in battle you can meet both the player for the U.S. and the British factions and in the same team. Which is historically correct. D-Day isn’t just about the US, there were Brits and Canadians there too. Like this: player gets to Tunisia, and there are 6 players - the U.S. with the appropriate tanks, squads, etc., 4 players are British with weapons, equipment of the British branch. Probably need to remake the matchmaking here? I don’t know.

What about the maps? Where are these battles going to be?
For starters, we have in the game so far several theaters of war, where the British army has historically been present - the Ardennes, Tunisia and Normandy and Gavutu (against Japan). With Tunisia it’s clear, everything is fine there. Within Normandy I can hardly add anything. The British contingent took part in the battle for Gavutu, which is in the game. But I don’t think that’s enough. It would be cool to see Burma. I’m attaching the best thread about it on the forum so far for reference. And a few pictures to attract attention. (The author goes on to cite the Battle of Burma as an example.)

(here should be a link to a topic about the battle for Burma from the Russian forum.)

Such theaters of war would look as pleasant as possible.
Would it be a full-fledged side? Or is it just a piece of the U.S.? First of all, I propose to strengthen the British research branch with Lendlease in advance. It is historically appropriate, gameplaywise necessary, looking okay. Secondly, under this condition - yes, it will be a full-fledged side with its own strengths and weaknesses.
A week in photoshop and the branch of Germany (I took it because it is the completed) turns into a branch of Britain. Immediately I say this is a screenshot of the picture, the full version is below in the spoiler. It is huge and breaks the forum a bit.

Here it is in full size. Open the spoiler and click to open the image in a new window.

Here I broke it into parts for loading speed

Buildings for the Engineer

So, the strong sides will be a wide branch of machine guns (commando fans will be glad), excellent APC (variations of kangaroos did not fit in r.t.), excellent paratroopers, absolutely gorgeous branch of aviation, a wide choice of artillery tanks, there is a Sherman Firefly with tulip missiles, and Tortoz, as an answer to Ho-Ri. Britain’s weakness will be the SMG branch (no assault rifle, but there are exported Thompsons), well, and the controversial auto rifles, where I tearfully attached a Lewis auto rifle, sorry. There’s probably a lot of debatable point here in the topic, something not at the right rank or something. Maybe there’s something missing? But this is just a raw concept or prototype. Maybe in time I’ll add to it, fix it. (He won’t do it, in the Russian forum topic closed.) And I apologize for the quality, not everywhere it’s super, but dragging hundreds of times the same layers I’m tired of fixing and tweaking everything.

29 Likes

Good idea. slava skvidvardam

11 Likes

Amazing work and a great idea. Hope devs will implement it

8 Likes

Good work. An interesting and informative topic, I hope the developers will take something from it.

6 Likes

Really the British, like the Italians, deserve their own research tree, especially the British, being a faction with a lot of weapons to offer to Enlisted as a faction.As for Content, I also want to mention that there are some Weapons/Vehicles that were not used. Some are from the Postwar period and others did not see combat in WW2, such as the Tortoise.

3 Likes

many times james grove said “not planned” but you still doing this circus show

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Players wanting to play as their Birth Nation in the game

3 Likes

they already got answer few time ago, as i previously said, but they still doing topics about it

Yes I know We asked for the ME 262 to spam the allies with Bombs and Rockets but they say no, so there is nothing wrong with insisting to put it in, I also expect my MG42With a 250 Tape

Great work!

SLEM-1
You can replace the Grand with SLEM-1

5 Likes

well, of course not.

but at the same time, devs stated multiple times that… it’s not planned.

because you can still play united kingdom inside the us faction.

i just don’t see why people that want it divided should make the people like me ( that wants to use mixed armies ) lose their gear and squads from the US main TT.

that’s just selfish if you ask me.

like, adding UK stuff to the US tree has literally 0 negatives.

only benefits.

7 Likes

While that’s true the way it works with squads is ridiculous. It’s be best if you could change the nationality of a invidual squad.

6 Likes

yep you cant have recon squad with UK and I really want one and you must spend real money cuz there is no Hight BR fighter planes or Tanks

2 Likes

There are many semi-auto’s that Britain made also OP you have some of the names in Russian might be good if you change them to English anyhow like always great topic a few guns i would like to add to this

Andrews machine carbine

Experimental .22 Owen Sub-machine Gun

Experimental .32 Owen Sub-machine Gun Second Model(Fun thing this is side fed)

* Experimental .38 Owen Sub-machine Gun Fourth Model

BSA machine carbine MK1

BSA Autorifle(Semi-auto)

Kokoda submachine gun

Hallé rifle(semi-auto)

Hallé gas rifle(Semi-auto the above variant is recoil operated and this one is gas operated)

The Griffiths & Woodgate Automatic Rifle(Semi-auto)

L.S.A. self-loading rifle

The Norm Gun

The 1944 SLR(Canada)

The 1945 SLR (EX-1)(Canada)

Adams-Willmott

Rofsten

Dineley machine carbine

Colt Model 1925 Browning Automatic Rifle(.303 British)

Lewis MG converted to fire using Bren mag

ko3z200q3b231

Tatarack P-14(Semi-auto)

Danish Bang rifle in .276 Enfield (Different from 1922 bang rifle which was trialed by US )

Francis self-loading SMLE carbine

BSA .5(Model 1924)(MG)

Villar Perosa in .455 Webley(weirdly yes)

Forced-Air Cooed Experimental Ross Machine Gun(Different than Blish Ross which is in the proposed tech tree as Ross semi-automatic )(semi-auto)

Experimental Pre-WWI Ross .30-06 Automatic Rifle(semi-auto)

Electrolux charlton(Unlike new-Zealand version can only fire in semi-auto)

SAL Model 2(Canadian SMG)

Mitchell SMG(New-Zealand)

Patchett Mk.I

Think thats enough

11 Likes

Good idea. slava skvidvardam

:eyes:

6 Likes

That might be the most cursed gun I’ve ever seen in my life

2 Likes

which… that’s where the conversation should be.

rather than needing to make everything more complex than it should be.

at least, in my opinion.

3 Likes

A possible could be make the tech tree branch off into seperate sections - so a seperate rifle line for the US and UK, seperate (hopefully expanded!!!) tank line, etc.

2 Likes

yeah.

either that, or subfolders.