BR weapon & Vehicle adjustments

I understand your point but i think it is still good to have the drum smgs in high tier.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to disagree with your thoughts on tank destroyers. I think itā€™s balanced having to trade anti infantry capability for firepower. You rarely see tank destroyers in this game because they are too high BR. They would be more viable in lower BRs.

I understand your point too, itā€™s just that the PPD34/38 will always be overshadowed by the PPD40 & PPSH so itā€™ll never get used. I havenā€™t seen one since the merge. It would also be more accurate if it appeared in Moscow maps too.

Maybe it could get an buff. Or if they separate t4 and t5

That could work but Iā€™m purely discussing the current system we have. I would also like to see the BR systems broken up a bit more.

1 Like

The ppd 34 would be fine in br 3 if it would face only br 3 equipment. Sadly the br 3 queue mechanic allows it to face t1 and t2 opponents. If they would just remove the lottery mechanic

See I find myself being uptiered at BR 3 more than downtiered. At least if the PPD34/38 was in BR 3 it would give them a step up against BR 4/5 players.

1 Like

The br 3 lottery mechanic is the root for 99% of this games problems

1 Like

If all the best players currently create 2 setups BR2 and BR5 just for that. Regarding tank destroyers, they are not used due to their poor mobility and many limitations. In low BR they would be even more useless since tanks are also destroyed by HMGs. It would make more sense to have more powerful tank destroyers, capable of oneshotting any BR5 tank, which is currently lacking. The top tanks IS2, Tiger 2 and the future Pershing and Superpershing are superior in every way to their respective tank destroyers. Instead, tank destroyers with powerful guns must be included.

I donā€™t mind it tbh, itā€™s definitely harder for some factions (looking at you USA) but BR 3 Germans are a lot of fun and can hold their own against BR 4/5 allies.

Yes but there are currently no powerful tank destroyers to compete against top BR tanks. Iā€™m talking about the current ones we have. Most German TDs are way too high and are basically worse than panzers because they have the same 75mm cannon. Hence why I said move the StuGs to BR 2 and the Jagdpanzer & panzer IV/70 to BR 3. Same as the M10. The 76mm on the M10 would be great in BR 3 even though the M10 is terrible. SU 85 the same too. Most TDs have poor mobility yes but decent front armour.

But it creates imbalance. If you are playing t5 against really sweaty enemies you dont want to have t3 people in your team. The t3 players are also creating huge imbalance in low br

Slight imbalance yes but Iā€™d argue that itā€™s not a massive imbalance. Thatā€™s why I suggested above that some early BR 3 semi autos & tanks be moved down to BR 2.

Well most semi autos are worthless im BR4 - while most BR5 select fires are obsolete because there exist later unlocks.

AVS36 and MKB being worthy of getting put into BR4? Maybe, but more semi autos in BR2 doesnā€™t sound too bad - if of course 95% of bolt actions stay in BR1 of course.

Heck there already are some bolt actions in BR3 which doesnā€™t make sense.

1 Like

I assume you donā€™t play airplanes a lot:

Whoever gets the jump on the other just wins. Be it for lucky positioning or because you get a mark on the enemy plane sooner. Higher BR planes donā€™t really do better if theyā€™re the target in these situations, and even against ground targets thereā€™s lower BR planes (e.g. PE-2-31) that simply have more of the same bomb than the higher-BR competitor (A-20 Mk 3).

If plane survivability played any role, Iā€™d see a measure by which to sort them into BRs. But as it stands, theyā€™re just lined up to give you a sense of progression.

1 Like

In general I prefer BRs to be relatively historical. I know itā€™s not perfect (and perhaps one day it may warrant its own historical mode or overhaul) and Iā€™ve been willing to make some exceptions but at the moment the game more or less maintains the atmosphere. Yes there are a few mishaps here or there but I would say maybe itā€™s 75% immersive.

For example, most late war things are BR 5, early war 2.

In your list I disagree with anything that is a blatant time traveling incident. For example, the Luftfaust (1945 prototype) being in BR 3 would mean it could be in Moscow and Stalingrad.

3 Likes

I use the IL-2 (1941) which is just a BR2 in any setup for the Soviets. 8 rockets combined with 4 50kg bombs are quite lethal for any tank in the game. The only flaw is the lack of the rear machine gun.

I play planes quite a bit but Iā€™m generally happy with most of their positions minus a couple. I definitely think the Bf 109 G6 needs to be in BR 3. Iā€™m interested in hearing what you would change with planes if youā€™re willing to elaborate?

I agree with you there and I also prefer historical accuracy. The reason I put the Luftfaust in BR 3 is because it rarely gets used in BR 5 because you kind of have to take an AT weapon to deal with the high amount of tanks. Where if it was in BR 3 people could use it against BR 2 planes which are slower and against lesser armoured BR 2/3 tanks. It would be more viable and effective in BR 3.

I made a post similar to this however regarding small arms and tanks as well as queue changes.