Anniversary of the Gewehr 98's adoption

From April 11th (13:00 UTC) to April 17th (13:00 UTC), you can get a rare variant of the Gewehr 98 rifle for completing tasks.

For completing 5 out of the 9 tasks, you will receive one collectible melee weapon for any army of your choice, and for 8 completed tasks, a unique Gewehr 98 Wartime mod for your German army.

In early April 1898, the Imperial German Army adopted and started the mass production of the Gewehr 98 rifle, a bolt-action rifle made by Mauser.

The rifle was baptized in the trenches of World War I, where it proved to be highly accurate and effective. Later, in the harsh conditions of World War II, the rifle also proved its durability and reliability and continued to be in service.

This Mauser rifle (as well as many others before and after the Gewehr 98) proved to be so successful and effective that many of its design solutions are still used in shooting sports, hunting and sniper rifles. The Gewehr 98 has an impressive record: an estimated 100 million rifles have been produced, making it the most mass-produced rifle in history!

TASKS

Stage 1:

• Kill 50 enemies using a bolt-action rifle.
  • Kill 30 enemies with headshots.
  • Complete 4 battles.

Stage 2:

• Kill 100 enemies using a bolt-action rifle.
  • Kill 60 enemies.
  • Complete 6 battles.

Stage 3:

• Kill 120 enemies.
  • Your rally points were used 25 times (including APCs).
  • Complete 8 battles.

TERMS

• The tasks can be completed in the Squads mode.
  • The list of tasks is updated every two days at 13:00 UTC.
  • Tasks can be completed simultaneously.
  • Uncollected rewards will disappear when the tasks change.
  • From April 17th to April 19th (13:00 UTC), after the end of the event, you will have the opportunity to purchase any missing rewards.
31 Likes

Can we have normal gewehr 98?

18 Likes

Well this is one of the easiest events I have ever seen. But unfortunately I won’t be playing this event. My bad luck.

I have 3 of these already. Any plans to bring back the Kar98k trench mag?

Wow! IThanks for all the fun events!!
Time to play BR 1-2!
1587855128e4889b537217659132

4 Likes

To mark the anniversary of this rifle’s adoption, can you also correct it’s muzzle velocity?
I suggested it already:

7 Likes

Unique weapons are always nice to see :slight_smile: . But will there ever be an event in the future where we can get special grenades? Thats the only thing missing from the loadout of my engineer :grin:

1 Like

Oh another wartime mod? You guys sure do love giving these away, huh? Well, I might grab me one

2 Likes

I think Kar98k Trench as intended as a limited item, for early backers only - it was only possible to get it for supporting the game when it was being launched

Hmm, as far as I know pickelhaube were made out of hardened leather. This silvery colour is quite surprising.
(Can someone tell me if there were also metal variants?)

But overall looks cool.

2 Likes

WHY. CANT. YOU. LET. US. KNOW. EARLY. ? Event is beginning on same day as annoucment. Why? only 2 day for tasks. Just give us 2-3 days heads up :confused:

13 Likes

Nothing like Gewhr anniversary event, where the best reward is a saber

Can’t complain though, thanks

Would love to see APC spawns being counted towards the “Your fortification was used x times” daily tasks.

If we can’t force players to build rallies, try to get them to use mobile rallies at least

3 Likes

Hooray for recurring event weapons.

Can’t. Wait. For. More. Breda. PG. Rifles.

2 Likes

This can be used to give anything a metallic texture.
3693_rd

1 Like

I doubt it originates from around 1900 though.
Unless german army had a super secret can of silver spray to paint generals’ helmets (actually :nerd_face: the guy is a NCO).

1 Like

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

I want that WW1 event.

But I already have the Wartime mod Gewehr :frowning:

Give us a ticket that can be used on something else we’ve missed.

1 Like

And other gewehr 98 variants.
germanys-various-attempts-on-modernizing-the-gewehr-98-v0-p46s2setao4b1

9 Likes

A German event?!?
I will shut f😛ck up about events until 2025,you can quote this message if I fail to keep my vow.
1587855128e4889b537217659132

panzerhard

BVIPWD

No Platinum Luger thou, shame.

6 Likes

16 Likes