Adding the effect of impulses on bodies

Commanders, we continue to develop both the gameplay and graphical aspects of Enlisted. Following our New hit decals on vehicles devblog, this time we’re adding new features for soldiers.

In the upcoming update, we’ll add a new feature to the game, which will allow the bodies of fallen soldiers to be affected by blast waves and weapon hits.

Even the weakest bullet from a submachine gun will now affect the way your defeated opponent falls. A large caliber bullet, a grenade explosion or a tank shell will send bodies and their parts flying, providing a spectacle for those who were lucky enough not to be hit.

We are also working on this mechanic for interactive objects on maps, but we won’t have time to finish these improvements for the upcoming update. We will try to release this as soon as possible.

53 Likes

Please fix the lunge mines asap.

18 Likes

mmm now we can see body flying when bomb explode near them nice

3 Likes

Nice. Keep it coming!

At 6 seconds in what vehicle is that. I Dont recognise it…unless its what the AA looks like with new sights, i havent played it since before that patch

Also could it be that 20mm tank overheat mechanic is finally going? I couldnt see a red overheat bar (i mean they werent firing much anyway…hard to tell)

2 Likes

Can wait to see if that kill lower end pc when the corpse will fly with a radio strike

1 Like

Can we get the agonizing sounds of the soldiers dying on the ground next?

14 Likes

you know bipod will be fix in 2042 man (a reference not serious)

4 Likes

Good! I really am expecting my shotgun to be quite fun to use now.

2 Likes

Looks better than I thought it would be.

1 Like

4 Likes

Daaaaammnnn that looks sick!

3 Likes

Nice.

What about giving us options to extend body staying time? Also make ragdoll at least itself should be able to collide with its other limbs.
Currently even leg dont collide with the other leg.

I doubt this will milk a lot of CPU performance. (Though I’m 99% sure this game wont be CPU heavy as C:S2)

2 Likes

as was told in preliminary patchnotes, that all capture speed will be turned to default values and only some open ones will have a faster cap speed.

15 Likes

I know that I’m just saying they should rush that instead of worrying about these little things

1 Like

rushing probably is probably not the best solution…

2 Likes

Rushing things may not be the best thing but I’d rather they waste resources on that instead of focusing on the effects or how the map looks and I’m more interested in gameplay instead of what a body can do

Spoiler

1 Like

Dude… Software development don’t work like that, you’re acting like it’s all one team doing one thing at a time. This feature is the work of one team, the capture thing is another, and the reason why they wait for major updates to implement everything is because that decreases the burden on the testing teams, and makes it easier to prevent incompatibilities between the different team versions. As in, if the other teams have to change their version every time one team finishes their thing, that only increases development time.

12 Likes

That is fair but when it takes them quite some time to fix some problems it’s a bit frustrating

3 Likes