A Collection of Potential Amphibious Tanks

This post is part of brief series I am doing suggesting vehicles that use a special mechanic, in this case amphibious tanks. I tried to mark vehicles that were prototypes and/or barely produced, but I may have missed some.

Posts from this series:
A Collection of Potential APCs
A Collection Of Potential Flametanks
A collection of Potential Rocket Vehicles

Criteria: An armored vehicle that can float or be submersed in water while also having a primary armament larger than a standard machine gun.

Axis3

Axis Amphibious Tanks

DML9033-2

ff706ca7c1393e632d65b3f0bfa49a74

German Schwimmpanzer 38t
Schwimmpanzer 38t (prototype)

Straussler_V-4
Straussler V-4 (prototype)

Shwimmpanzer 2 variants (prototypes)

PZI.nz.130
PZI.nz.130 (captured from poland)

Batignolles-Châtillon DP2
Batignolles-Châtillon DP2 (French Prototype)

Allies2

Allied Amphibious Tanks

DD-Tank
DD Sherman

DD Valentine

e34f4f6031fde431d3f22530345270b6

unnamed
LVT(a)-1 M24 (prototype)

M4 T6
M4 T6 (prototype)

AT 1
AT 1 (prototype)

Cruiser Mk.V convenanter
Cruiser Mk.V Convenanter (prototype)

USSR4

Soviet Amphibious Tanks

T-30

T-38

T-40
T-40

PT-1
PT-1 (prototypes)

PB-4
PB-4

BAD-2
BAD-2 (prototypes)

JAPAN2

Japanese Amphibious Tanks

Type 5 To-Ku
Type 5 To-Ku (prototype)

Unfortunately this is the only amphibious vehicle I found that would qualify for Japan.

Additions to this list is appreciated.

3 Likes

While some of these are great there aren’t enough maps that’d make these viable until we can remove more greyzone and add more maps with water I’d say no. Also they should get an alternative spawn.

2 Likes

It is true that there are few maps that accommodate amphibious vehicles, especially for Germany and Russia. In the future, that might change, and in that case there are plenty of amphibious vehicles here to look at and consider. An alternative water spawn for them would honestly be a huge positive change for them.

But yes, with the current map selection, adding more amphibious vehicles doesn’t make too much sense.

2 Likes

They could always add more map with water later so sure why not

3 Likes

for japs they are a few more,sadly they would be more as apc and must be infantry who use guns…like swamp fb,Ka-Tsu, Su-Ki,etc.