A Collection of Potential Flametanks

This post is part of brief series I am doing suggesting vehicles that use a special mechanic, in this case flamethrowers. I tried to mark vehicles that were prototypes and/or barely produced, but I may have missed some.

Posts from this series:
A Collection of Potential APCs
A Collection of Potential Amphibious Vehicles
A collection of Potential Rocket Vehicles

Criteria for flametank: Armored vehicle equipped with at least 1 flamethrower.

Axis2

Axis Flametanks

59263_rd

char b2 f
Panzerkampfwagen 740 B2 (F)

nevington-flammpanzer-i-ausf-a1_orig

nevington-um-flammpanzer-iii-ausf-m-1_orig

images
L3 Lf

L6-40 Flame
L6/40 Lancifiamme (prototype)

Flammpanzerwagen
Flammpanzerwagen (should be an APC)

Flammtiger
Flammtiger (1 incomplete prototype)

Allies3

Allied Flametanks
American

M3_Stuart_satan-1
M3 Stuart Satan

M5_E9-Flamethrower-1
M5 E9 Flamethrower

rter

T31 (prototype)

T33
T33 (prototype)

Commonwealth

tam32594-148-british-churchill-mk-vii-crocodile-tank-squadron-model-models__89377

Churchill Oke

sherman badger
Sherman Badger

alt Sherman Badger
Sherman Badger variant

Ram Badger

Valentine Crocodile Variants (2 prototypes)

Comet Crocodile
Comet Crocodile (1 made)

Sherman Crocodile
Sherman Crocodile (4 made)

Wasp Carrier

Matilda Frog/Murray

Cockatrice Heavy Self-Propelled Flamethrower (6 made)

Cockatrice Light Self-Propelled Flamethrower
Cockatrice Light Self-Propelled Flamethrower (prototype)

HeavyPumpUnitAEChaugh (1)
AEC Heavy Pump Unit (few made)

main-qimg-a03dbfeb64630f9c98a7f5e7a07c1874-lq
Basilisk AEC Chasis (prototypes)

USSR3

Soviet Flametanks

300-1-72-ot-133-soviet-flame-throwing-tank.jpg.big

unnamed

42916_rd
HBT-7 (prototypes)

T34 FOG flamethrower
T-34 FOG Flamethrower (Few produced)

OT-34-85_(Flame)
OT-34-85 Flamethrower (Few produced?)

KV-8

Kv-8 Variant

JAPAN3

Japanese Flametanks

Soukou_Sagyou_Ki_closeup
Soukou Sagyou Ki

Type_95_(AWM_097336)
Ha-Go Flamethrower (few produced?)

Ho-Gi

Ka-Ho
Ka-Ho (prototype)

Additions to this list is appreciated.

12 Likes

Flammjagdtiger_1-1-2
Schwerer-Flammpanzer auf Jagdtiger

Germany was also designing a flamethrower variant of the Jagdtiger, but it never got built.

And what is next? Maus with a flamethrower? did they have nothing else to do?

According to tank encylopedia, the Maus was actually the first consideration. However by the time Germany was designing a heavy flamethrower tank the Maus project was already “effectively over”.

" It was not until 5th December 1944 that proper consideration was given to a long-range, good-duration, heavy flamethrower on a well-armored chassis, when the topic came up in a conference with Hitler. Hitler was no stranger to the idea. He had, after all, pressed for the addition of not one, but two flame nozzles to be added to the Porsche Maus over a year earlier, pushing for a system with a range of 200 m. By the end of 1944, though, the Maus project was effectively over despite having a functional vehicle, there was no prospect of production restarting for it. The most heavily armored chassis in use and available at that time was that of the Tiger II. Tiger II hulls were at a premium at the time and production was focussed on both the tank version of the hull as well as the tank-destroyer version, known as the Jagdtiger, with the huge 12.8 cm gun."

Schwerer-Flammpanzer auf Jagdtiger (Flammanlage auf Jagdtiger) - Tank Encyclopedia.

wow…
I knew that they were pretty open to some really stupid shit but this topped my expectation.

But i guess I should have seen it coming…

1 Like

not sure if SPG-based or other turretless flame tanks will be any good in this game.

Oh god, not another german APC with a weapon, at least Flammpanzer behaves like a normal tank and is thus vulnerable to rocket launchers, I am dreading to imagine having to hunt down these things with the current APC health implementation. But yeah, could be paired with Wasp in theory, making for another 251+UC event lol, considering that both got “so much” space in the back that “PC” in the APC is questionable at this point.

31 in 1944, 300 in 1945, wouldnt call it few.

KV-8S, a different variant based on KV-1S, 10 pure KV-8S like one on the pic and 25 that were using KV-1S hull but with earlier KV-8 turret.

3 Likes

Probably not, especially if they are put in the BR of the other casemates. But I think they are worth mentioning.

I couldn’t find much documentation or pictures of it, so I assumed not many were produced.

Ju 88 with flamethrower.
ju88flames.jpg.f7f2d713275bfc8eb4ca77ab16bdb076

The Italian submarine Tito Speri testing a “Girosi” flamethrower apparatus, 1938.

3 Likes

Still makes more sense than a Maus.
Have fun manning your AT gun ambush while the forest is burning around you.

cool let hope it happen before the end of this year

for japs look my posy :3

Fun fact, the ingame model is already based of this one, you can literally see the flamethrower on the ingame model.

Thats just a Type 95 So-Ki which was unarmed by default, in theory you could put an infantry flamethrower in there but usually they were just armed with LMGs.

1 Like

yup

no love for US/UK

US have one,brits ok maybe

? They have the most?

My bad must have missed it

Are you using mobile or something? You click the drop down buttons to see the content.

The button left of this text

Like this