It has been almost 3 months since the concept of the alternative squad were introduced.
The goal of the new squads was to enable more players to use subfaction themed loadouts but so far all we got was 1 UK radio squad and a copy pasted TT squad.
So when are we supposed to be able to larp as the subfaction if the current pace is maintained? 2030? or even 2035?
Do you really think your playerbase has the patience to wait that long just so they can pretend to be italian/ british?
Why should I as a player want to grind alternate squad when I fully know that my lineup wont be ready for years to come.
Just having 1 or 2 alternate UK squads (of classes I dont usually play) wont encourage me to suddenly create a UK lineups. They only really get valuable once sufficient squads have been released but until that point is reach are entirely useless.
If they dont speed up the pace of new squads fast I would actually prefer the devs to just allocate their resources elsewhere as the playerbase would benefit way more from bugfixes right now than the prospect of maybe being able to run a full italian line-up in 2030 or later (if they havent stoped playing by then).
I really doubt alt squads are as popular as someone said. If they get added, they’ll probably just take the spot of a new event weapon or a event squad.
They aren’t unique at all, just lazy copy-pastes of TT squad. So in that case (which is probably what’s happening), I don’t think people will welcome it.
Some event squads make sense, but adding all of them as events is only going to result in more problems in the long run (like newer players being unable to get them and Axis and Allies having many times more squads than Japan).
A mechanic that allows players to customize/create squads would be far smarter in the long run.