Your feedback about the new training mode

We want to ask you to go to the very beginning of your experience with Enlisted and take the starter tutorial again! It is available in the game mode selection menu.

When you are done, please try to answer these questions:

— Did we manage to introduce you to the Enlisted basics?

— What do you think should be added to the tutorial?

— What bugs and issues did you find?
3 Likes

Basics:
Yes

To be added:

• Grenade cooking
  • Difference between holding and tapping aim
  • Melee attacks (both with weapon and knife)
  • Different soldier types and their differences
  • Engineer buildings

Issues:

It seems nice, but it is completely useless for experienced players, or for testing.

5 Likes

I like the idea and it does job of explaining basics well, however…
I agree with Cat, that following should be added for infantry:

Also, for vehicles, following should be added:

1. Commander view (looking around, or out of the hatch)
  2. Switching between crew members/changing seats inside a tank.
  3. Basic training with planes
    a. bombing runs
    b. rockets
    c. plane handling

Also, I strongly recommend to re-add shooting range as separate “gamemode” where we can test squads and weapons. Shooting range proved to be quite useful with trying different weapons or practicing and this feature will be missed.

6 Likes

Overall, it’s similar to the tutorials in other FPS games, so it was okay. When it’s down, I think it’s necessary to quickly move to another soldier to counterattack or add something about melee attacks, and to be able to shoot more.

Vehicle tutorial is a bit misleading.
For example to move, game suggests only A/D keys, no W/S. For most players it’s obvious but it should work properly. Also in part about repairing tracks, highlighted key to leave vehicle is T instead of F, at least that is how I understood it.

No tutorial for commanding squad, at all, not even how to change sodlier. Guys, do you remember that this is your game’s main feature? After this tutorial player doesn’t even know he has a squad.

4 Likes

It looks cool, but soon you realized it pretty does nothing…
At least you should let the new players know most key bindings by giving them a chance to use that key. Now only extreme basic movement like most FPS players know without having to look at the key bindings.
Show them melees, zoom and hold breath keys, Q/E, map and marks.
Also you completely ignore the squads features… No squads tutors at all!
Also you should give them REAL empty tanks to shoot, not current FAKE TANKS. What if I dont play WT (like me), and dont know how to shoot tanks?

And no airplane tutors. Most average players can not master the planes due to tanks is easier to drive and shoot, but planes dosent. Most players at least know how to drive a car (even without driving license), but most of us have no idea about aerodynamics.

Also we really need the old shooting range!!! We need a place to test our new squads/guns features without having to join an online match!

3 Likes

A place used for testing weapons is necessary.

1 Like

BUG: On Xbox, you can only choose this mode. I cannot access other game modes.

This training mode looks great but it would be nice if I can test the rest of the weapons as before.

Did you ( as a team ) managed to introduce enlisted basics?

yes.
i’m very happy with what we have, it’s a great start.

What do you think should be added to the tutorial?

for instance, to make it helpfull towards newer players, i would suggest to cover the squad aspect of the game, explaining the ability of the squad, ( such as swapping member, squad formation, make the squad look at one direction with the V button, ), roles class job such as the enginner, machinegunners showing that the bipod feature is present, pratice with mortars and anti tank gunners on real vehicles as well.

and perhaps include airplanes.

this is my personal opinion, and it’s not required. but you know, not to leave newer people in the darkness :smiley:

What bugs and issues did you find?

the only bug that i found, ( it’s a bit stupid… like, smaller ) but when you throw a grenade under your feet, and than switch member, the first membet wil disappear. i found out this because i wanted to see the blast radious of mines. but the problem is, after i throwed a grenade and switch to my squad member, the other member disappeard.

the only issue that i have now as a tester, we don’t have a field test camp anymore.
like, this training it’s great. but we still need to test upcoming weapons using an empty field for recoil and swap squads much faster. ( this is might just be me though )

It is basic and will be of help to new players.

Management guide on soldiers/squads and weapons. Maybe something similar to what Heroes Generals has (Wiki).

Maybe some your more experienced or advanced players could contribute some video tutorials to the
tutorial section. Some are already on YTube.

In the grenade throwing exercise. I could not proceed after mistakenly expending my two grenades on an incorrect target. There should be a “try again” option if the required standard is not met rather than having to restart again.

Agreed, perhaps adding all each campaign´s enemy tanks into shooting range is also a good idea to give players ability to practice on them.

I appreciate the effort
but
Tutorial only shows how to run, crawl, shoot and throw grenades (tank tutorial is OK imo)

I would add:

how to use the MG/ SMG
how to build stuff with engeneers
how to call artillery
how to use pistols
etc.

imo, it’s more of a tactic than a tutorial material

I think tutorial should only give you basic game mechanics, squad use and soldier type guide

did we mange to introduce you to enlisted basics

• Yes sir.

what do you think should be added to the tutorial?

• How to use anti aircraft guns.
  • Explaining what the crosair color means in tanks.
  • How to properly fly a Plane.
  • How to use/aim bombs and rockets.
  • how to “dogfight”.
  • How to “guide” your AI squad.
  • how to use engineer class.
  • the ability to test different wepons and vehicles.
  • how to Destroy tanks using infantry.

What bug and issues did you find?

• you don’t need to crouch under the logs to move under them.
  • you can walk on the barbed wires.
  • you can Destroy the tank targets before you are asked to do so what “breaks” the mission (happened to me at the first time…)
  • a all different tank tutorial that isn’t available for the players? You can test few different tanks in it…

Thank you for reading devs and cms :smile:

Yes

A free-range mode where you can try out every weapon and vehicle

Hard to say not knowing what was intended to happen, I don’t think there were any bugs.

Now we don’t have place to peacefully test new weapons before playing with them. Useful with grenade launchers to learn how to aim.

That’s a tank biathlon, actually.

I don’t really know what that means but I guess it’s just to test the tank capabilities (probably sounds dumb now lmao)

It’s a competition for tanks. Google it :slight_smile:
Slalom, shooting, and more.