WW2 Sino-Japanese War with no political problem

The Chinese special edition probably won’t appear , likely to break the cooperation. The international edition is playable in China

Not even just publications. In several documentaries and interview you can find in youtuve, japanese veterans openly admitting how they bayoneted and beheaded civilians

Of course we know about it. It is an indisputable fact that war crimes were committed by the Japanese military, and I do not deny that.
By executing civilians with bayonets and using them as targets, they were trying to make new soldiers experienced killers and machines that would not hesitate to fight, or to make their troops more cooperative by sharing their guilt. It is barbaric indeed. It is a shameful past.
It’s not only on youtube, it’s on Japan’s national broadcaster NHK every summer and New Year’s when most people are on vacation, NHK tells us over and over again along with other stupid mistakes in our history. We know about Unit 731, we know that a university in Kyushu dissected a US pilot alive after he crash-landed in Japan, and we know that Koreans were collateral damage from the atomic bombing.
But I don’t think we should delve any further into that story here. Talking about this topic any further would make me want to talk about war crimes involving Japanese civilian casualties as well. But that is not a topic that should be discussed here. If everyone continues to talk about war crimes, soon this thread will become just a place to talk about political topics.
We should probably talk about the China-Japanese war campaign that we expect the game to be about.

The battle of shangai is the most interesting for we western player because is the chinese stalingrad

Yes, I would love to see that.
Have you seen the Chinese movie “The Eight Hundred”? It is about the battle of Shanghai and it was great.
I would love to experience that in a game someday.

Only some part on youtube seems good

2 Likes

In the game “SQUAD”, more positive images of China’s modern military are displayed. Here, it will really involve the Kuomintang and the Japanese invaders. There will be some bloody scenes in the battle, so his public opinion in China will be negative.

1 Like

Forgetting such takes quite few generations.

And keyboard warriors that cant understand such as worst that has happened to them was being grounded without playestation for few days.

Yeah totally comparable in magnitude.

Cant find it.

Say this to China, Russia, Poland, Germany and Baltics.

We also keep forgetting that this is a arcade and not a sim.

Lol out of all crimes you come with bunch of rapes in France? There are way better examples, and that’s only Burgerland.
CCP rape train is not even close to France.

Or from governments.

So basically copy paste… yay.

Copy+paste isn’t unique because you give it a different name and at best a different buttstock.

2 Likes

??? What now?

Well. Since you stopped flagging posts, I guess this wont happen that much now.

2 Likes

This is not SQUAD and we have mods which censors insignias except Soviet ones.
Its kinda interesting to go on such a level consider that here its 50/50 if devs can/ want publish German insignias and Axis generals.

2 Likes

As a Chinese gamer, I have to say that the Sino-Japanese battlefield is one of the most discussed topics in the Chinese community, and all of us would love to see a mainstream World War II game showing this long war that lasted fourteen years.

Due to China’s poor industry in the twentieth century, our military relied heavily on imports to meet its own weapons needs, and even then we had our own designs for bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic rifles, and submachine guns. You can’t imagine how many weapons can be found here. There are hard hitting urban battlefields, fierce firefights taking place in the dense forests of Southeast Asia, and guerrilla warfare focused on asymmetrical combat among light infantry - this could even prepare for the future southern European front, and the richness of the game is definitely not a problem.

As for the review? Even games like Battlefield 4 and Operation Flashpoint, which portray us as evil villains, can be played here normally, and I hope you realize that we live in a modern country similar to yours, and that this is not some George Orwell anti-utopia!

1 Like

We have at least three independently designed bolt-action rifles, and two semi-automatic rifles (maybe you’ve seen one of them in Battlefield 1).

In terms of automatic weapons, China was one of the largest overseas users of the Mauser automatic pistol, which we had imported in large quantities to replace the then unavailable submachine guns, and we had produced our own version of the Thompson submachine gun, mainly by Taiyuan Arsenal. We also had a modified air-cooled version of the Maxim heavy machine gun.

We also had our own fighter planes - one was even a forward-swept wing fighter, first flown in 1944

If DF is willing and not so lazy, they can even fill the entire campaign level with just the gun, and no weapons will appear that other camps already have, and I hope you enjoy the free unlockable, pistol grip BAR(FN Mle30)

1 Like

All of them are based on European or Japanese rifles.
Name one because I don’t know.

So basically European/ Yankee stuff but slightly altered.

Would be a bit late and doesn’t change fact that Chinese were relying on Western stuff and biplanes from Russia most of the time.

Well apart from DF being lazy, I don’t know how much uncommon stuff we would get. But then my pleb knowledge is based on GunJesus, Wiki and so.

I don’t have much in-depth knowledge about firearms, especially old Chinese rifles, but would that be a General Liu Rifle?
I do not know how this gun was invented, but since I have never seen a gun similar to it I assumed it was a Chinese invention.

Even if China in the 1930s had copied Western or Japanese rifles, many of the firearms would not be reproduced by simple copy-and-paste, as they have their own improvements and look and feel. I love the countless Thompson variations in this game. I can’t wait to see the Chinese ver Thompson and the C96 (Type 17) pistol.
gH9dLkIChgc
opXI2Lceps0

post-37364-0-10062800-1485789649

3 Likes

And I found something interesting from a ForgottenWeapon article about unique Chinese firearms from the 1930s.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what their English name should be, I’ll try to describe
1, Quickly Rifle, a straight-pull bolt-action rifle with a 5-round magazine and 7.7mm x 56R ammunition made by the Qing Dynasty during its Self-strengthening movement

2, type81 cavalry rifle, a short rifle developed by the arsenal in the communist-controlled area in 1940, using 7.9mm ammunition

3、Liaoning type 13 rifle, a rotating back-pull bolt-action rifle firing Mauser ammunition

4, General Liu Qing’en semi-automatic rifle, it appeared in Battlefield 1, probably the most well-known Chinese rifle of the twentieth century

5, Guan Xiangying semi-automatic rifle, a gas-guided semi-automatic rifle with 5 rounds of ammunition capacity, from a communist arsenal,designed by communist engineers in 1944

Type 50 small mortar, a weapon inspired by the Japanese knee mortar, but can be used to fire flat to against Japanese fortifications

There is also this, Shandong communist arsenal production of grenade launcher, 35mm caliber, play may be similar to the RMN50

2 Likes

Yes, thank you for adding, this is indeed a General Liu semi-automatic rifle, after the Qing dynasty was overthrown in 1911, General Liu Qingen was appointed factory director of Hanyang Arsenal, and he designed this semi-automatic rifle in 1914, featuring a unique automatic principle and the ability to switch between semi-automatic and bolt action

3 Likes

I hope there are fewer tragedies like this. I heard that Western Europe is turning towands the right, which is worrying

The Right is the Right way to go just dont go to far Right (Facism, Nazism, Ect)