Winter War campaign

I and some other players created a campaign from level 1 to 21 for a campaing set in the 1939-1940 Winter War, this only covers the finnish side for now and doesn’t include any maps, only troops, guns and vehicles.

The following list is what we came up for a finnish campaign.

Finland:

• Level 1, no tanks, possibility to use HE grenades and demolition charges (they work against tanks not only if placed directly upone them but also if put on the ground and blown uo near to them);
  • Level 2, SIG.Bergmann M1920, automatically equipped to an assaulter of the previously obtained assaulter squad (4 riflemen armed with M91/24 Mosin rifles and 1 assaulter armed with a SIG-Bergmann M1920);
  • Level 3, M91/27 Mosin, can be equipped to every troop;
  • Lvl. 4, anti tank squad armed with a 20mm Lahti L39 light cannon (2 riflemen armed with M91/21 Mosin rifle and an anti tank riflemen armed with the same fun and able to place down a Lahti L39 as a semi-fixed structure);
  • Level 5, radio operator squad armed with M91/28/30 Mosin rifles (4 riflemen, 1 radio operator);
  • Level 6, Suomi KP26 (20 round magazine) that can be equipped to every assaulter;
  • Lvl. 7 Vickers 6-Ton armed with a 37mm Bofors cannon and an M09/31 Maxim machine gun (3 tankers);
  • Lvl. 8, engineer squad (3 riflemen and 1 engineer) able to place down a 37mm Bofors AT gun as a fixed drivable position;
  • Lvl. 9, pilot squad (2, a pilot and a machine gunner) equipped with a Fokker C. X biplane armed with 3 7.92mm machine guns (two fixed frontal machine guns and rear mobile one);
  • Lvl. 10, Suomi KP/M31 (36 rounds mag) available to any assaulter;
  • Lvl. 11, M20 Madsen mchine gun, automatically equipped to the machine gun squad’s machine gunner.
  • Lvl. 12, Mosin M91/39, available to every kind of soldier (it’s basically the most accurate gun in the game, a sniper gun without a scope);
  • Lvl. 13, captured BT-7 armed with a 45mm 53K and a coaxial DT-29 available to the same tanker squad;
  • Lvl. 14, LS/M26 machine gun available to every machine gunner;
  • Lvl. 15, Suomi KP/M31 (72 drum mag) available to every assaulter;
  • Lvl. 16, Mosin M91/28/33 rifle (not sure if this was an official designation) equipped with a 4.5x adjustable optic) available to every sniper;

Finnish Premium Vehicles:

• captured T-26 with an additional MG port, al the DT-29s are substitued by tank core Suomi KP/M31s*1, these can be also taken out from the vehicle adding 2.5 seconds to the bailing out process;
  • captured T-28 command variant equipped with a radio, can call artillery strikes and enemy pings stay for +30 seconds than normal pings while also being more visible (obtained throught some event);
  • some aircraft with a strange skin.

Finnish premium guns:

• Winchester M1895 in some heavy hitting hunting cartridge (any suggestions will be considered);
  • Swedish M96 rifle;
  • Swedish Kg m/21 machine gun

11 Likes

something with japanese first… we dont need another soviet campaign… and also would be good if they first managed to somehow unify playerbase and not just add campaigns do split them even further…

2 Likes

ok, but this is a thread created for suggestions about a Winter War campaign, and also I think that first we should have all the european campaigns an then maybe focus on asian ones.

1 Like

hi!
we have a great mod in this setting Talvisota - Winter War on Steam [in my opinion one of the best mods what im even seen ]
and there a lot of things what will be great in enlisted - like ski / maksim aa and etc

I missed the last 5 levels.

• Lvl. 17, Fokker D. XXI armed with four 7.92mm machine guns available for the pilot squad (one pilot in reserve);
  • Lvl. 18, flametrooper squad (3 riflemen armed with an M28 Mosin and a flametrooper armed with an M28 Mosin and a Mod. 35 flamethrower);
  • Lvl. 19, captured T-28 Mod. 38 (L-10 gun) available for the tankers squad;
  • Lvl. 20, rifleman II squad (5 riflemen II armed with AVS-36s);
  • Lvl. 21, FIAT G. 50 Freccia available for the pilot squad (one pilot in reserve) armed with 2 Breda SAFAT 12,7mm machine guns.

I already included ski troops and engineers will be able to place down Maxim M09/21 machine guns, that will also be present on the maps as fixed fortifications.

1 Like

:raised_hand:

4 Likes

You cant put more of one hand withaut add other people

1 Like

but yes we need early war german so i can grind all the same weapons…

2 Likes

:raised_hand:.

Unfortunately it’s been pretty much ever since its release dead

right
but this mod must be a dlc - they must need made better models and fix some maps - and its can looks like red orchestra 3

1 Like

Honestly, after this I doubt we will get Winter War. The Finnish arsenal is not big enough and the Soviets would be Moscow copy+paste.

I would really like them to overhaul the campaign system.

Pretty much all campaigns are copy+paste for another faction.

That’s why you do a Pacific campaign so it’s not copy paste, at least for one faction and as for the other faction, the British and American gear hasn’t quite been copy pasted enough times for the weariness to begin to set in, although I wouldn’t do more than one of each still. Maybe both an early war and late war island campaign like a Guadalcanal and Okinawa campaign and then Burma for the British at most but even then, I worry about spreading the American playerbase too thin like the German one already is and the Soviet one is approaching.

very nice to see people arguing about chinese and japanese in a Winter War campaign suggestion page

1 Like

Actually we want both, there is no one in this forum wo dont want play them but we are bored of soviet and german and we need a bit of fresh air, usmc vs ija is more interesting

1 Like

At least Berlin has some decent standalone stuff. Finland would be Moscow minus tanks.

Honestly, Winter War is unrealistic und unbalanced. Pacific is possible to some extend.