What to do with minor axis powers?

fins, romanians and hungarians played a significant role in eastern front.
italians also fought in balkans, north africa and sent 5 field armies to russia.
problem is they dont have enough heavy equipments.
some say lets make them subgroup for germans.
but how will it work ?
bulgarians never fought at any major front except brief invasion of macedonia and northern greece.
hungarians and romanians never sent any army to western front
there were no italians at normandy except just one ss unit.
so when player choose some italian or hungarians squads, then they will find themselves fighting in normandy against muricans or fighting agaisnt britsh in egyptian deserts with romanian units or something ?

2 Likes

yes.

it all comes down to what players equip themselves with.

hence, most likely what happens anyway.

we’ll see italian soldiers in moscow, tunisia, stalingrad and normandy.

heck, theoretically, even in berlin as TIER III on the chart have both italian and german equipment.
( due to vgs being there )

so, what will devs to with miner axis powers?

either introduce them as premium units, or don’t.

but if they do, they will most likely be integrated with the axis forces just like the italian forces.

at least, this was confirmed with moroc units from tunisia that will end up being in the pacific.

Ideally minor nations would share tech tree with major nation/s but would have separate match making that takes into account the battlefield.
So UK would share tech tree with US but only they (and FR) would be present on the dunkirk map.
At least if we have enough ppl (so a soft rule).

I don’t know if this is doable though.

4 Likes

Yes, this would be the most ideal.

5 Likes

Should be fine for the uk and france example. BR could allow for that before america even enters the matchmaking…as they werent in the war yet.

From the ground up should be pretty simple, just more complicated from the top down, if you take my meaning

Italians reall fought at eastern front. They even sent small submarines to leningrad to use them in lake ladoga. Also fought at ukraine and stalingrad. But they were never present in normandy. Seeimg italian armt at east is not weird. They sent 250 k soldiers ehich is equals to 5 field army with their own tanks and equipment.

that’s where you are gonna see them too.

due to the MAB.

even though they were never there.

except it is.

you could potentially see them even in kursk, battle of france and what not.

even in the battle of the bulge.

due to being with germany.

the same happens with the british forces on gavutu island despite being an operation primarly carried over by marines.

so, as long it’s in that faction, even if they nerver fought on some location ( speaking of those small subnations ) they will be there no matter if they actually there or not. ( in reality )

that’s the point of the merge.

Is not necessary, in pre 1942 map is sufficient reskin US soldier as UK soldier and treat them as volunteer troops

As for axis in maps where there should only be Germans, just give the Italian, Romanian, etc. Squad the German uniform but with a patch on the shoulder of their nationality

2 Likes

you’re quite optimistic in devs for actually doing that.

granted, they did sayed/confirmed that they were gonna change the turbans and “uniforms” of the moroc squads when appearing in the pacific ( JUST the color mind you ) .

but they never adjusted uniforms in tunisia, or even stalingrad.

which, it is possible to change appearance of stuff ( based on my modder’s knowledge )

but again, they never bothered doing that.

i hardly doubt they’ll do it now.

4 Likes

It could work. Depends how the new customization system will look like.

Merge trying to simplify things. It will just overlap with custom skins

1 Like

too good to be true.

S I K E
just the same selection for all factions.

jokes aside… we don’t even have allied winter uniforms… or actual presets for all enivorements.

because for example, we don’t have certain pieces to begin with.

2 Likes

Just winter ? Brist and italians dont even have regular spring uniforms for european climate.

2 Likes

basic uniform should change in base of the map as already they said they need just do a bit more and create two basic models to imitate volunteer troops on both the Allied and Axis sides, they lose nothing by doing this since it involves modifying already existing uniform

1 Like

which it’s already a thing btw;

or rather was.

on USA jackets and what not.

( which you can see some names of various patches in the editor through division )

but those said pieces no longer have working patches for whatever reason ( despite the US tanker jacket as shown works with other patches )

and what they meant, is that they will still keep the same " shite " based on presets for maps.

you don’t actually change uniforms how you’d wish to.

what i’m saying is, yes. they do have the tools, no they are not gonna do it.

1 Like

Baby steps

1 Like

which, they are working on the technical part of the merge.

so… i guess… fair enough.

customization is not a priority ( despite you being charged for it )

but i swear to god, they better make it good in the future.

i’m starting to lose patience.

1 Like

Italians with safari uniform fighting in stalingrad factory.
What a time to live in :joy:

3 Likes

now i can’t unsee it…

christ…

althoguh to be fair,

we already have odd examples especially in stalingrad where in the city ( univermag / fallen fighter square ) you have dudes with winter uniforms sticking out like a sore thumb in full autumn :confused:

or like… tunisia. where the customization gives more summer / forest options instead of desert options :face_vomiting:

and you know what’s funny?

through the same blks ( the type of file they make missions on maps upon and us modders, create our own mods ) you can actually change textures of stuff so that you would prevent winter uniforms appearing where they shouldn’t. or vice versa:

( just as an example, i was working on battle of the bulge mod. and i wanted to change what players will spawn with )

and you can do it. ( granted, i won’t be using all. just a reference for me on what looks good and what not to use )

which, i can change the players current clothing without having them to buy winter uniforms and essentially correct the right theme for my mods

so if i can… with relatively ease.

i don’t understand why devs couldn’t.

idk… hire me or something.

i’ll do it for free as long i can get and use decent cosmetics.

EDIT.

to be fair, you have to exscuse devs.

they don’t work with guides.

so most of the time they don’t even know how majority of the features in the engine works.

which has been confirmed by a developer and can’t quote as i don’t want them to get in trouble.

( P.s for the moderator about to blast me out of existance, i’m not hating :skull: . i’m just pointing out certain things … which i’d be willing to help out. more or less)

4 Likes